Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Dog owners, do you

Let your dog up on the couch / bed?
We didn’t with the 2 dogs we’ve had, he had his own doggy bed. Our son and his gf lets the dog sleep with them on their bed and has a spare seat for the dog on the couch.
Im not suggesting what’s right and wrong, just curious.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have throws on the bed and the couch for our dog. The thing is our dog is the size of our king size bed when he stretches out.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Our boy has run of the house... he will wander around upstairs before settling in his bed once 'Rounds' have been completed. If any bedroom doors are left open he will explore.

Beds and Sofas are his domain too.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Nope.

At over 10 stone each, if they were up there, we'd be on the floor!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Currently sat with 2 out of three on my chair but not allowed on the bed and only on the chair by invitation
The staffie would rather lie on a bed of nails than beside you but will sit right next to your feet or beside you on the floor
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We have a couple of "dog blankets" for the sofas - he knows that he can get on the sofa when there's a blanket for him to lie on.

He isn't allowed on the bed, and doesn't sleep in a bedroom.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We allow our 3 on the sofa and they can cuddle up on the cushions and blankets. We have a stair gate at the bottom of the stairs and they rarely come up. At night we shut them in the kitchen diner. We find if there are any ‘accidents’ overnight it’s easier to sort on the hard flooring rather than carpets.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we have dog sat & let the dog on the sofa on a blanket (leather sofa) usually has a kip
but no way would we allow her in the bedroom and def not sleep in the bed

tin hat on buts that's weird imo
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we have dog sat & let the dog on the sofa on a blanket (leather sofa) usually has a kip
but no way would we allow her in the bedroom and def not sleep in the bed

tin hat on buts that's weird imo
I agree - dogs sleeping in the bed is weird.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Our lab used to sleep on the bed till we had kids. When they arrived and we had stair gates at top of stairs he stayed down stairs as the gates were generally shut. He was allowed to sleep on the sofa. A throw was on.

After I came down one morning and one of the kids was wet and I couldn’t work out how we realised he had weed on the sofa then slept in it all night. Then we must have sat in it.

He’s now only allowed in kitchen and hallway. He sometimes sleeps in the downstairs toilet, not sure why but he scared the 💩 out of me when I went without Turning the light on. He’s Black and blended in.

He’s very clever though. I woke up Monday morning to notifications that our kitchen camera had spotted activity. He had waited till everyone was asleep, crept up on the kitchen sofa but made sure he was in his basket when my hubby got up for work! Must have thought he was so smart not getting caught, would have too if not for the cam.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List