Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We're heading to HS on the 21st Feb so I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Looking at teh MDE the current opening time for the day we visit is 9am. I'm hoping a) this doesn't change and b) they stop boarding groups before our visit.

What will be will be though! I'm mentally prepared for a very early start on that day!
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by benatkins10 View Post
Thank you. I thought this would be the case. With the later opening I was wondering what time people will start queueing. I suppose we will only know that when February actually comes round
Like you say, we'll only know when mid-February comes along.

If it's anything like the other parks people will start queuing over 1 hour before the official opening time. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people turned up at 7am for a 9am opening at HS due to RotR.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Like you say, we'll only know when mid-February comes along.

If it's anything like the other parks people will start queuing over 1 hour before the official opening time. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people turned up at 7am for a 9am opening at HS due to RotR.
But aren’t they letting everyone into the park early but then not opening the boarding groups until the published park opening time? So that would mean that someone who arrived outside the gate half an hour before the park opened and someone who arrived two hours before have the same chance of getting a boarding group - providing they’ve passed the turnstile and are actually in the park?
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
But aren’t they letting everyone into the park early but then not opening the boarding groups until the published park opening time? So that would mean that someone who arrived outside the gate half an hour before the park opened and someone who arrived two hours before have the same chance of getting a boarding group - providing they’ve passed the turnstile and are actually in the park?
That's my understanding too. Stops at least some of the crazyness. Though you could imagine some people getting awfully jumpy if they are at the turnstiles at 08:59 or whatever.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Some people like to be at the very front of the queue so that they can head off and get to, say, Smuggler's Run before a big queue develops. Meanwhile, they can be on their phones grabbing a boarding group for RotR. People start turning up to the other parks a good hour or more before the official opening time, even when they don't have the latest rides in them.

Plus, you're assuming there will still be boarding groups by mid-Feb. If there isn't, then people will arrive early to ensure they're at the front of the queue.

Hence why I said I wouldn't be surprised if a few people started turning up 2 hours before the opening time. They've done it before. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Some people like to be at the very front of the queue so that they can head off and get to, say, Smuggler's Run before a big queue develops. Meanwhile, they can be on their phones grabbing a boarding group for RotR. People start turning up to the other parks a good hour or more before the official opening time, even when they don't have the latest rides in them.

Plus, you're assuming there will still be boarding groups by mid-Feb. If there isn't, then people will arrive early to ensure they're at the front of the queue.

Hence why I said I wouldn't be surprised if a few people started turning up 2 hours before the opening time. They've done it before. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
🙈🙈🙈 I’m dreading the stress of RotR!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Park hours have just changed to 7am starts up to 2nd February! 🙈
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We arrive 2nd Feb / gonna take advantage of jet lag and get to HS an hour before opening on 3rd which is currently showing as 9.00am opening. We are all Star Wars obsessed!
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goofy's Buddy View Post
We arrive 2nd Feb / gonna take advantage of jet lag and get to HS an hour before opening on 3rd which is currently showing as 9.00am opening. We are all Star Wars obsessed!
😬 May the force be with you! Let us know how you get on!
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

They’ve now changed park hours from 9am starts to 8am starts up to 29th February! Hoping they don’t move them back again 🙈

Edited at 07:10 PM.