Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jan 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

7DMT FP and other popular options

We are going in October and staying on site for 10 nights - first time! Looking at The Dibb FP availability FPs for popular rides are pretty much all gone on the 60 day mark - am I better to schedule popular rides for the second half of our trip? Is 7DMT a good option for EMH? We are going with our 5yo son so ideally want to have the majority of our rides completed by 2pm.
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think you will be okay getting a FP for 7DMT at any time during your stay as long as you’re on the ball at the 60 day mark. We didn’t have any trouble getting any for our October trip. We even went in the standby queue for 7DMT one day which only took 30 mins at most.
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Until Tron opens 7DMT will remain the most popular FP in MK, you might/will struggle to get a pre-2pm on your first day, last year only later times were available for us about an hour before park closing but you won't have a problem generally by day 4-5 for all the popular ones
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone! Is the best FP booking strategy to start with day 10 and work back to day 1? Booking most popular rides first?
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

use the fastpass availability checker

you can see what is available 60+1, 60+2 etc

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...ailability.php

Slinky+FOP+Smugglers to get a full choice of times I would schedule minimum 4 days into the holiday
7DMT maybe 2 days
Book these rides first.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by be1985 View Post
Thanks everyone! Is the best FP booking strategy to start with day 10 and work back to day 1? Booking most popular rides first?
There is no need to work backwards. I book 7DMT, Slinky Dog and FoP for whatever days I want them, then I go back to the beginning and book in date order.

For the last few trips, I have been unable to get 7DMT on my first full day but I have been able to get it on the second and any day I want thereafter. I have had options for SDD and FoP from days three / four onwards. You certainly do not need to leave them until the second half of your trip and I wouldn’t leave 7DMT to chance at rope drop, it will be easily bookable for you as an onsite guest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We are going in October and staying on site for 10 nights - first time! Looking at The Dibb FP availability FPs for popular rides are pretty much all gone on the 60 day mark
As shown on the Fastpass+ Availability Page, the only rides whose fastpasses are all gone at 60 days from now are Slinky Dog Dash and Flight of Passage. There are even a few afternoon fastpasses available for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 60 days from now.

Those that aren't available at 60 days are available at 61 or 62 days from now, albeit in the afternoon. By day 64 morning fastpasses are available for every ride.

am I better to schedule popular rides for the second half of our trip?
Yes, availability for the popular rides mentioned above will be better in the second half of your trip. However, as mentioned above, you should be able to get fastpasses for some of the first half of your trip as well - just perhaps not on your first and second day.

Is 7DMT a good option for EMH?
Yes. You should also be able to get fastpasses for this as well, especially in the latter half of your stay.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

These are really helpful strategies-thanks!

Although our FP window does not open till July I am already planning. Me and OH are huge Star Wars fans so unlike most, we're planning Hollywood Studios for the first park visit (probably afternoon/evening) I'm thinking the chances of getting a Smugglers Run FP for the first day might be difficult but perhaps it might be worth trying the standby line (as it might not be too bad now FPs are available?
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
These are really helpful strategies-thanks!

Although our FP window does not open till July I am already planning. Me and OH are huge Star Wars fans so unlike most, we're planning Hollywood Studios for the first park visit (probably afternoon/evening) I'm thinking the chances of getting a Smugglers Run FP for the first day might be difficult but perhaps it might be worth trying the standby line (as it might not be too bad now FPs are available?
I read an explanation recently as to why the introduction of FPs will mean the standby line will go more slowly. The ride can only load so many people per hour, so as the FP people are being fast tracked through it means the standby line will move more slowly.

These days I do MK and Epcot on my first two days which increases the odds of being able to get the hardest to get HS and AK fast passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Thanks Claudette-that makes sense actually! If we can't get Smugglers Run FP for the first night, its not a massive issue-will still be able to look around the land and enjoy it!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List