Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 10, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Another one for you to think about
englishgardenweddings/index.html
Old 27 Aug 10, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Lovely, thanks guys!
It looks like there are plenty of cheaper options than DFTW, and if it's going to be just the 2 of us (which is the only circumstances that this would have to happen) then they would definitely more than suffice! So long as we get married!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Right folks, for anyone who might be interested in a slightly cheaper Disney wedding

The Escape package is $4750

I sent an email to Just Marry, who are the coordinators for Swan and Dolphin weddings, and they quoted me as follows:

$1595 for the site fee (basic)

However, for the site, officiant, bouquet/boutonniere, cake and music it is $1750, inclusive of all taxes and fees

The packages are fully customisable

But for me and Matt on our own (he doesn't drink champagne...boooo), this package is perfect. We'll be having Randy Chapman anyway and it keeps us right on site for the photos we planned and right near where we're having our dinner. We could squeeze in some other fun too as we wouldn't have to eat at 5pm... don't know what we'd do though! I don't want to take my dress off, go to parks or swimming etc, I want to do something wedding-y, so we'll have to see!

It's another option though!

Just thought I'd share for your fellow brides looking for a cheaper WDW option!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

i love the swan & dolphin , going back for the second time next year. However i wouldnt want to put anyone off, but I personally wouldnt get married there. The courtyard/fountain area is pretty - but u have to remember theres a huge wall of hotel right there behind you too, with people on balconies etc that will probably be looking right down at you! And its not that disney-ey iykwim - if you're perfectly happy with that then go for it , it all depends what you want out of a wedding location i guess - but just thought i would mention just in case there is anyone considering getting married there who has never been there etc x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for the heads up Lili

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 27 Aug 10, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi have you looked at the Buena Vista Palace in Disneyworld, its like the Swan and Dolphin in that its not through DFTW but you can still have mickey and minnie I've looked into it and their website has some info on weddings. It looks like it next to downtown disney.
Old 28 Aug 10, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I've had a look and it's on par with other hotel prices. Definitely another option as it's on Disney property so not too far to travel

I found a beach weddings provider and the weddings are very very reasonble i.e. $400 or so. I guess it's because you're not paying a site fee so this is definitely something else to consider. The problem is getting there

How do people get to beach weddings without seeing each other?
Because paying for 2 cars would defeat the object of the competitive pricing!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 28 Aug 10, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I have to second the thoughts on the Swan and Dolphin even though I am staying this December, its a very harsh looking hotel and does not look very weddingy to me

The Buena Vista Palace looks a lovely hotel, we were looking at staying there instead of the Dolphin, I have also seen photos of a beautiful wedding there.

The other one to add was Discovery Cove, I believe you have to contact them yourself as they dont advertise they do weddings/vow renewals but I have read about a vow renewal there recently
Old 28 Aug 10, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I have to second the thoughts on the Swan and Dolphin even though I am staying this December, its a very harsh looking hotel and does not look very weddingy to me
Nice rooms though, and the beds are ohhh so comfy (one of the main reasons we are staying there over a disney owned hotel! lol) x
Old 28 Aug 10, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread