Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Sep 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
donstrigger
Trying for More Ears

Universal HHN

Hi,
I have bought BOGOF tickets for HHN. On one of the nights we are going to Volcano Bay during the day then onto HHN in the evening. I recall reading somewhere that you have had to have entered the main parks on the day you attend HHN but I can't find where I read this so not sure if my mind is playing tricks. Does anybody know if you can just go to HHN event for the evening?
Also if anybody has any tips on how to approach the evening e.g. order to do things, they would be welcome.
Thanks Peter.
donstrigger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Hi

Last time we went we followed the Orlando informer touring plan orlandoinformer/universa...-touring-plan/ and it worked really well for us. We only went one night but managed all the headline houses and only missed 3 I think. The site has lots of tips and detail of food, drink & merch. This year we have the BOGOF tickets so will be following the touring plan for the first night & reversing it for the second with a few tweaks

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

You don’t have to enter the parks during the day - lots of people just have HHN tickets. However, it is beneficial if you also have day tickets to enter and then head to one of the holding pens around an hour before park close to day time guests. That way you will get ahead of the crowds who only have HHN tickets who have to wait until the event starts to enter the park.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The only thing I can think of is the old "Stay and Scream" which is adding early entrance to your HHN ticket, bit this doesn't exist any more.

Here is a really useful link to explain the several ways you can access the park other than the most obvious general admission queue at the main entrance.

orlandoinformer/universa...arly-admission
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=KRBarnard;14074146]The only thing I can think of is the old "Stay and Scream" which is adding early entrance to your HHN ticket, bit this doesn't exist any more.

It does still exist but its now called Halloween Horror Nights Scream early ticket. You can buy these once you purchase something like express passes, which is what we did. We picked express passes and then the option came up to add these tickets.They were $25 each and allows you entry at 3pm.

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Did HHN last Wednesday, whatever you do get in the parks before 5. We’d done 4 houses before they had opened the gates. Absolute mayhem from that point forward.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

[QUOTE=monique;14074180]
Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
The only thing I can think of is the old "Stay and Scream" which is adding early entrance to your HHN ticket, bit this doesn't exist any more.

It does still exist but its now called Halloween Horror Nights Scream early ticket. You can buy these once you purchase something like express passes, which is what we did. We picked express passes and then the option came up to add these tickets.They were $25 each and allows you entry at 3pm.
Yes I know they have "Scream Early" but it's not called "Stay and Scream" because that doesn't exist any more and I didn't want the OP to Google/search for that and not find it.

Universal totally dropped "Stay and Scream" a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure you had to have a valid day ticket as well as the HHN ticket to purchase the add-on. The "Scream Early" is an add to your HHN ticket that you don't need a day ticket for and therefore it available to more participants, the T+C's are slightly different for that than the old add-on The link I posted has information about "Scream Early" and the other options.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

[QUOTE=KRBarnard;14075283]
Originally Posted by monique View Post
Yes I know they have "Scream Early" but it's not called "Stay and Scream" because that doesn't exist any more and I didn't want the OP to Google/search for that and not find it.

Universal totally dropped "Stay and Scream" a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure you had to have a valid day ticket as well as the HHN ticket to purchase the add-on. The "Scream Early" is an add to your HHN ticket that you don't need a day ticket for and therefore it available to more participants, the T+C's are slightly different for that than the old add-on The link I posted has information about "Scream Early" and the other options.

Fair enough... but there is still the option to get in earlier without paying out a full days ticket... it was worth it for us because I don’t really think we’d manage being in universal from early morning to late at night so for us this was a great alternative 😃👍🏻

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

You dont have to have entered Universal during the day to attend HHN.

If you have a universal day ticket though you can do Stay and Scream or 'scream early'. This means you have to be INSIDE the park BEFORE 5pm, then you can enter a holding area and you get access to HHN a little while before the normal crowds. You can only do this is if you have a universal day ticket, or buy the 'scream early' addon for your HHN ticket.

If you only have a HHN ticket then i would advise getting to the park no later than 5.30pm to get ready to enter the event.

If you have a HHN express pass turn up whenever you want.

You tuber Discoliz has some really helpful videos/guides in respect of what order to do things

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Just to try and avoid any confusion for the OP:
Scream Early - this is a separate ticket that allows you to enter the park prior to it closing, so that you are inside the park and ready to go when the gates open.
Stay and Scream - if you already have a day ticket you can remain in the park when it closes and wait for HHN to begin.
Both options are effectively the same - you will be in a holding zone and will be allowed out normally around 15-20 minutes prior to the gates opening. The houses you will be able to access will be dependant on the holding zone you choose to go to, and not all houses will be open - some only open once the main gates do.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List