Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 10, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Is a Disney Honeymoon for us?

We went to Disney in 2008 and absolutely loved it and now we are considering our honeymoon destination (Sep 2011) Disney has inevitably made the shortlist.

We are hoping to have a reasonable budget for the honeymoon so we want a holiday that is going to consist of some luxury too so will be looking to stay in a deluxe Disney resort I imagine.

What Disney hotel would people recommend for a luxury honeymoon for the 2 of us?

We will definitely be doing the parks but is there anywhere we can get some "us" time and maybe chill out next to the pool with some drinks? Never stayed in a Disney hotel before so that may be a daft question? I know Disney is all about the kids but is there anywhere we can spend some quiet time around a pool or something on a few relaxing days?

I’m really not sure if Disney is the right location for us? We both love it there but I keep thinking that a honeymoon is all about relaxation? Should I be looking for a tropical destination where we can sit on the beach with a pina colloda in hand?

There is just too many possibly destinations!
Old 12 Jul 10, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Would you consider a twin stay? For our honeymoon 6 years ago we did one week in Orlando then one week in Mexico at the moon palace. We had a hectic week doing the parks, it was our first ever visit, then a week in pure luxury relaxing and enjoying the romantic atmosphere
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Im going in February for my Honeymoon. We have chosen the Animal Kingdom Lodge hotel as it has the best pool area (so ive been told) and a real African themeing so you feel like your haveing two holidays in one!

Im not one for sitting on a beach for 2 weeks so it seemed like the perfect choice for us but i think you could do a fair bit of relaxing at the waterparcs / watching the firework displays etc and there are some lovely restaurants to eat at on site
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by freakyjo114 View Post
Would you consider a twin stay? For our honeymoon 6 years ago we did one week in Orlando then one week in Mexico at the moon palace. We had a hectic week doing the parks, it was our first ever visit, then a week in pure luxury relaxing and enjoying the romantic atmosphere
Actually, yeah we had thought about that and I should have added it to my post. Trouble is there is so much to do in Disney/Florida that we might have to honeymoon for 3 weeks

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Im going in February for my Honeymoon. We have chosen the Animal Kingdom Lodge hotel as it has the best pool area (so ive been told) and a real African themeing so you feel like your haveing two holidays in one!

Im not one for sitting on a beach for 2 weeks so it seemed like the perfect choice for us but i think you could do a fair bit of relaxing at the waterparcs / watching the firework displays etc and there are some lovely restaurants to eat at on site
Were both not total sun worshippers but as mentioned in my original post Im almost feeling like it should be a romantic luxury break with all the trimmings but I also keep thinking I may get bored...dont tell my future wife I said that!

Do you know if the hotel pool areas have bars? Id assume so but something is telling me that only certain areas within Disney sell alcohol?
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We honeymoon in florida last year for 3 weeks. We had 2 & 1/2 weeks in orlando and a few days in miami - though if doing it again i would suggest going for 2 weeks in orlando and 1 week near clearwater in a nice beach resort. I cant comment on the disney hotels as we could never afford one - we stayed on iDrive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Melville View Post
Do you know if the hotel pool areas have bars? Id assume so but something is telling me that only certain areas within Disney sell alcohol?
Something im not sure of actually but would be nice to know!

I think sometimes people do seem to presume honeymoons should be all about relaxation, you should have seen my MIL to be's face when we anounced we were going to see Mickey Mouse I think she had St Lucia in mind
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melville View Post
We went to Disney in 2008 and absolutely loved it and now we are considering our honeymoon destination (Sep 2011) Disney has inevitably made the shortlist.

We are hoping to have a reasonable budget for the honeymoon so we want a holiday that is going to consist of some luxury too so will be looking to stay in a deluxe Disney resort I imagine.

What Disney hotel would people recommend for a luxury honeymoon for the 2 of us?

We will definitely be doing the parks but is there anywhere we can get some "us" time and maybe chill out next to the pool with some drinks? Never stayed in a Disney hotel before so that may be a daft question? I know Disney is all about the kids but is there anywhere we can spend some quiet time around a pool or something on a few relaxing days?

I’m really not sure if Disney is the right location for us? We both love it there but I keep thinking that a honeymoon is all about relaxation? Should I be looking for a tropical destination where we can sit on the beach with a pina colloda in hand?

There is just too many possibly destinations!
I'm going there on Honeymoon in Sept 2011 too. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge as its beautiful and feels so relaxing but yet still in the thick of it, my 2nd choice would be the beach Club for the same reasons but more tropical. You could do a split stay or how about going to Aulani- this is Disneys brand new Hawaiin hotel in Ko Olina due to open next year? That would be the best of both worlds - still Disney so you know it will be good, but on a beach in a tropical paradise, you could do a week there and a week in Orlando? !

Edited at 12:22 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yes they have bars around the pools.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mindy_H
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in Port Orleans Riverside for 3 weeks on our Honeymoon last year and I couldn't recommend it enough, we loved this and felt it was a little bit more grown up (previously stayed at All Star Movies).

International Drive 1990 ~ Kissimee 2003 ~ ASM 2004 & 2005 ~ POR(our Disneymoon) 2009 ~ POR 2011 & 2013 ~ ASS 2014 ~ POR 2015 ~ Yacht Club 2017 ~ Beach Club 2019
Mindy_H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
warpig
Apprentice Imagineer

I think somewhere like Saratoga Springs would be ideal for you, its not themed so it doesn't seem like your always at Disneyworld, the rooms all have a private balcony to sit on and you can walk along to Downtown Disney if you want some night life. You always see honeymoon couples in the parks wearing the Mickey & Minnie wedding hats and veils and they always get a great reception from guests and cast members.
2000 All Star Sports, 2002 All Star Sports, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Saratoga Springs, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Wilderness Lodge, 2014 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Swan & Dolphin, 2016 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2019 Swan & Dolphin, 2023 Beach Club
warpig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread