Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 11, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
...yes, the Swan and Dolphin is still Disney property, however after the wedding we just turned up at the International Gateway, along with everyone else and went into EPCOT, we walked around for a little while then went for our ADR at Le Cellier... (which was the wedding breakfast)...the OP is staying on site so presumably she could do the same as we did...unless they have since changed their policy

...I did ring Disney direct myself, as I was doing all the arrangements for the wedding, to specifically ask if it was ok to go into the park in wedding attire as Virgin (who my friend booked the wedding through) had said it wasn't allowed... its worth a phone call

...the cast member at Soarin' even had everyone in the queue giving three cheers for the Bride and Groom...

btw - my friend had a full length wedding dress on, the men all had the same outifts, there were 2 bridesmaids with full length dresses (we removed the trains) and I had a full length dress too as the Maid of Honour, fabulous day with lovely memories

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 11, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

Sorry but the only time you can now wear your wedding attire in the parks is if you book a DFTW in a park. These events are held before or after park is open.

Alternatively (for non Disney weddings) you can book a bridal shoot in any park except MK for $650. I called Disney Photography about this as we are getting married at Downtown Disney but its not classed as an official Disney wedding (swan isn't either). They offered me either a bridal shoot or a honeymoon shoot in Epcot, AK or DS.

You can wear your wedding attire in any of the resort hotels and on a fireworks cruise.
Old 30 Apr 11, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep as above you cannot wear wedding attire in the parks unless you're
having a wedding booked through Disney in one of the parks
having a dessert party in one of the parks
having a bridal photoshoot in one of the parks.

You most definitely cannot go wandering around the parks or go on any rides in wedding attire.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 11, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post

I got married in The Disneys wedding chapel last year and you are not allow to wear wedding attire men's or women's in the parks firstly for health and safety reasons and also due to guest may think you are a cast member (reasons we were given) We had photoS in the MK but it's all done before the park opens and it's a very strange experience.
Old 1 May 11, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MJC66
Serious Dibber

:)

Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
Sorry but the only time you can now wear your wedding attire in the parks is if you book a DFTW in a park. These events are held before or after park is open.

Alternatively (for non Disney weddings) you can book a bridal shoot in any park except MK for $650. I called Disney Photography about this as we are getting married at Downtown Disney but its not classed as an official Disney wedding (swan isn't either). They offered me either a bridal shoot or a honeymoon shoot in Epcot, AK or DS.

You can wear your wedding attire in any of the resort hotels and on a fireworks cruise.
Gonna be really thick here... what is a DFTW? ! Also where in DTD are you getting married? We are getting married at the Royal Chapel on the I drive, it's a really good price and Heidi who runs its seems lovely! We may almost cross paths on our honeymoons?!

Hope you have a fantastic time!
MJC66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 11, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

And don't try doing it near the Wedding Chapel either. Security will intervene.

DFTW = Disney Fairytale Wedding

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Old 1 May 11, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MJC66
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
And don't try doing it near the Wedding Chapel either. Security will intervene.

DFTW = Disney Fairytale Wedding
Thanks very much! x
MJC66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 11, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MJC66 View Post
Gonna be really thick here... what is a DFTW? ! Also where in DTD are you getting married? We are getting married at the Royal Chapel on the I drive, it's a really good price and Heidi who runs its seems lovely! We may almost cross paths on our honeymoons?!

Hope you have a fantastic time!
Hi

DFTW is Disney fairytale Wedding. DTD is Downtown Disney.

We are getting married on Fultons boat at DTD on 5th October. I booked it through Fgirluknow on theses boards. She runs a planning business called destination Occasions. I'm getting so excited now as it's getting so close, you must feel the same

If you are interested in having some private photos in one of the parks (not Magic Kingdom) I would definitely get in contact with Disney Photography. We are going to do one in Epcot as a honeymoon shoot, I think I'll get a white dress to wear so I still feel weddingy!

As an extra thought as you are there over halloween. You could wear your wedding clothes in Magic Kingdom on the nights of Mickeys halloween party. This is the only time adult guests can go in fancy dress, so that would include princesses right? We went in 2009 and saw lots of ladies dressed as Cinderella and in bridal type outfits. We plan to do this so we can get some great photopass pictures.

Good luck with all your planning.
Old 1 May 11, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread