Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I was 14 when I got married and my dress was a 20! I'm with the other ladies - ignore the sizing! Congratulations xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 14, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
My friend got hers from here she was a size18 in uk but US was a 16 i think... lovely dress dont worry too much you will find the right dress, go with one real good friend or even alone and get an idea of ones you like then take all of friends to help if you want good luck
Old 3 Apr 14, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well, little update , I was out shopping today with one of my bridesmaids in my local town and we went past a little bridal boutique I had never noticed before , so we popped in just to ask if they had any tea length dresses , the lady was really helpful and we had a lovely chat and she showed me a beautiful tea length dress and I tried it on (it was a size 16) and it fit perfectly! Infact it was a little big on top! I will definatly be going back to try on again , I felt a lot better coming out of that shop!
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Well, little update , I was out shopping today with one of my bridesmaids in my local town and we went past a little bridal boutique I had never noticed before , so we popped in just to ask if they had any tea length dresses , the lady was really helpful and we had a lovely chat and she showed me a beautiful tea length dress and I tried it on (it was a size 16) and it fit perfectly! Infact it was a little big on top! I will definatly be going back to try on again , I felt a lot better coming out of that shop!
glad to hear your feeling more positive about it now but remember-any dress can be tea length, it's just a case of how much hem you remove!
Old 3 Apr 14, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
glad to hear your feeling more positive about it now but remember-any dress can be tea length, it's just a case of how much hem you remove!
Yes ! I agree! Can't wait to finds perfect dress!
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

That's great news! It's such a lovely feeling when you find it! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I think the problem is that most of the dresses are made in the far east. Anything you buy from there isn't to the same sizing charts as here in the UK. Don't let it stress you, it really doesn't matter on the size, you will look beautiful and have a wonderful day/life together x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DW here, BRILLIANT news! now go enjoy yourself and get your perfect dress!
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks sooo much rollercolster , I'm looking forward to trying lots more dresses on until I find the one! Hopefully I won't come across many more crappy sales assistants!
Old 23 Apr 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Mobile

Oh and your wedding looked amazing! What a lovely article , I'm soo sorry your wife had to go through all that x
Closed Thread