Old 1 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Travel day

I had a really restless night as usual before a holiday. Edith slept all the way through though which amazed me. She is a really great sleeper at home but the last time we took her to a hotel a few weeks before, we ended up driving home at 4am because she was up screaming and we got noise complaints on the room!

I got out of bed at 6am and Edith and Aaron woke 30 minutes later. We loaded the car & after quickly grabbing some milk from the restaurant for Edith, we set off for the Channel Tunnel. We were there in about 5 minutes, we parked up and head into the terminal, grabbing a few pastries for breakfast, using the toilet and grabbing some bottled water. Before long, we were being called to board the train which was exciting! We let Edith out of her seat for the journey which she loved and before long we were in France, it’s such a quick journey. 35 minutes in total I think but it feels faster.

We popped to a petrol station on the way where Aaron came out with a baguette. When in France I guess. We all munched on it for the rest of the journey. The drive was very simple, we followed Sarah & James mostly but did have the Sat Nav programmed too in case we lost them. We paid about €30 for the toll road, stopped once more for the toilet and then also stopped at the Esso garage in the Disney circle for Milk to keep in our hotel fridge for Edith.

We pulled into the Sequoia lodge at about 1pm, we had booked the Golden Forrest upgrade so we got dedicated check in. The guy was a bit slow (a sign of things to come) but we were all sorted by 1.30pm & heading up to our room. We were all on the 7th floor, us at one end of the corridor with a lake view and Sarah & James the other end with a card park view. The rooms were lovely.

We all got ready to head down to the park & the power went off! Great. We had a double buggy, 2 kids, a 4 month pregnant lady (Sarah) and 7 flights of stairs to climb down! Nightmare. We waited it out for a bit having a quick drink on our room but then decided we didn’t want to miss our park time. We walked past the lifts and saw a notice saying it was a planned power cut. 1.30pm – 3.30pm! We couldn’t believe that the guy who checked us in 10 minutes before hadn’t warned us. We could have left the buggy & Sarah downstairs with the girls!

In the end, I grabbed Edith, Sarah had Maisie and Aaron and James struggled down with the buggy. The stairs seemed never ending but in the end we reached the bottom floor, then realised the double buggy wouldn’t fit through the door! We were not winning here. We walked to the other end of the corridor and luckily found a double door we could get out of!

We made a pit stop at McDonalds in the village, the place was heaving so me and Sarah sat outside with the girls while Aaron and James ordered and waited for the food. It was standard McDs fayre but filled a whole.

We head into Disneyland and walked to City Hall to get Sarah the Orange pass which would allow her to be given a time to come back to rides / character meets without having to queue too long due to her pregnancy. We then got directed from one shop to the next to exchange our photopass voucher for the card. Why they can’t give these out at check in, I’ll never know. Finally, we were ready to hit the park properly.

We head down Main St and through the castle onto It’s a Small World. Sarah used her Orange pass and we were riding within 5 minutes. Edith loved the ride. She was trying to see everything, whipping her head from side to side and pointing at all the dolls. Such a lovely thing to see.

Sarah, Maisie, Edith and I did the carousel next, all but Sarah sat in a carriage as Edith wasn’t too keen on the high horses. Sarah went on a horse; we decided that if this was one of the only rides she was allowed on, she should at least be on the biggest horse going.

Pirates was next, Sarah had been told she wasn’t allowed to ride this one so she sat out and had a little rest. The ride was great and again, the girls loved it.

It was about 5pm now and Edith fell asleep in the pushchair. James took Maisie on Snow White and then we all wondered over to Buzz and we stayed outside with Edith while Sarah, James and Maisie rode.

Space Mountain next for me, Aaron & James. We left the girls with Sarah and off we went using our hotel FP. The ride was great!

When we got out through, Edith was really upset. She had woken up while were were gone and got herself into a right state. We took a minute to calm her down and then head out of the park, slowly walking through the Village and back to the hotel. Edith was having little meltdowns every now and again and really wasn’t a happy girl which is very unlike her. We decided she might be hungry so we all head to the Hunters Grill as we had planned for dinner.

We were seated right away and were soon filling our plates with food. We ordered drinks after a while with a pretty miserable waitress. I had a Glowtini. The food was lovely, the Raclette cheese being a big hit. There were also beautiful ribs, pasta dishes, salad, ect. Enough for everybody. Edith ate a fruit pouch that I had for her but not much else. All our food & soft drinks were covered with our meal plan but we did have to pay $24 for the drinks, That’s when we finally got our bill. We waited ages, got completely ignored by our waitress numerous times and in the end started packing up our bits in the hope she would notice. Soon enough she popped over telling us we had to pay for our alcoholic drinks. Yes, that’s fine, just give us our bill please!

We wondered over to the Golden Forrest lounge to grab some more soft drinks and then head back to the room at 9.30pm ish. Edith was hyper at this point! We got her ready for bed and popped her in the cot, she was out like a light! Whoop.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Great journey and lots of rides for your arrival day!
Poor Edith, hope she’s feeling better soon. I can’t wait to see Thomas on Small World x
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Great journey and lots of rides for your arrival day!
Poor Edith, hope she’s feeling better soon. I can’t wait to see Thomas on Small World x
Ah he will love IASW! There is just so much to look at for them
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Glad the journey went well, it amazes me just how quick the Eurotunnel is!

What a nightmare with the power cut, glad you managed to rally together and get bump, babies and buggy down all those stairs!

I didn't know pregnant women couldn't ride POTC, I rode it at DLR... although was a little nervous at the drops!

Happy to see Edith enjoying IASW so much... a girl after my own heart!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Glad the journey went well, it amazes me just how quick the Eurotunnel is!

What a nightmare with the power cut, glad you managed to rally together and get bump, babies and buggy down all those stairs!

I didn't know pregnant women couldn't ride POTC, I rode it at DLR... although was a little nervous at the drops!

Happy to see Edith enjoying IASW so much... a girl after my own heart!
I rode Pirates in California too and I did TSM which was also advised against but I guess Disney are just covering themselves with the warning. I think Sarah read into it and its the way you have to exit the boat if it stops for any reason that's the main issue.