Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney package reduced in price!

Hello!

I'm currently booked hotel and dining plan directly with disney for next may, and while browsing last night noticed it had gone down in price . Has anyone had any experience with disney being able to change deals? Or even allow them to rebook at the cheaper rate?
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s pretty much unheard of. Have you double checked dates and room category? If it’s genuinely the same room, dates etc I would get in touch with them as I’ve never seen that happen, ever.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I agree. It is likely a different room category.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

If it turns out you booked a pool/water/whatever view room and now standards are available you can switch for a £50 admin fee. You could try and argue it wasn’t your fault there were no standards when you booked and see if they’ll waive it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
I agree. It is likely a different room category.
Possibly, I'll double check. I take it that gives me a better chance of being able to change it if it's a different room?
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by damaged View Post
Possibly, I'll double check. I take it that gives me a better chance of being able to change it if it's a different room?
Yes. If for some reason Disney have changed prices (unlikely and doesn’t seem to have happened for my dates) then you couldn’t just change it but if it’s a different room category you can.

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Don’t forget though that the free dining plan doesn’t apply to some standard rooms - it doesn’t at PO so if you change, you may lose free dining plan.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
because
Gone all Goofy

Yes Disney will change your booking for $50. I had a standard villa booked at SSR and changed it 2 weeks ago for a preferred villa that was £370 cheaper due to the 20% off offer. No problems at all with changing. This was with a Disney UK booking.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
because is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by because View Post
Yes Disney will change your booking for $50. I had a standard villa booked at SSR and changed it 2 weeks ago for a preferred villa that was £370 cheaper due to the 20% off offer. No problems at all with changing.
Actually that’s a point. I was assuming the OP booked with Disney UK. Disney US would be different.

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Don’t forget though that the free dining plan doesn’t apply to some standard rooms - it doesn’t at PO so if you change, you may lose free dining plan.
It does apply to Port Orleans French Quarter, just not to Port Orleans Riverside.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List