Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Dec 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Cazzius, thanks for championing Herculaneum. We did it (in torrential rain, but we did it!) and are glad we did.
I am so glad that you did, and that you enjoyed it.
I preferred it to Pompeii as all the murals were better preserved, plus it was a bit more manageable as it was smaller

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sparks1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi! Just wanted to thank you for this amazing report. I stumbled across it a few days ago and can't understand how I've never found it sooner. I've read it all over the last three days (been off work!) and have loved every minute! Poot is an absolute darling! You must be so proud of him and rightfully so. I'm on my way to look up your other reports now. Thanks again for taking the time to write them. 😊

2008 - POR, 2010 - OKW & HRH, 2012 - OKW & HRH, 2013 - SSR, 2014 - OKW & HRH, 2015 - SSR, YCR & PBH, 2016 - OKW & Disney Dream, 2017 - OKW & PBH, 2018 - AKL
sparks1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sparks1 View Post
Hi! Just wanted to thank you for this amazing report. I stumbled across it a few days ago and can't understand how I've never found it sooner. I've read it all over the last three days (been off work!) and have loved every minute! Poot is an absolute darling! You must be so proud of him and rightfully so. I'm on my way to look up your other reports now. Thanks again for taking the time to write them. 😊

Thanks so much - what lovely compliments.

Poot is USUALLY pretty darling, though he's eleven now...and is starting to balk at the traces for the first time. We'll see what the next few years bring...but I'm starting to feel a WEE bit nervous, lol.

I hope you'll join us all in my current (sort-of) trippie ("The Uttermost Parts of the Sea") - which I will be completing for next Friday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've thoroughly enjoyed this report, it's took a while to read it all but well worth it, thank you for sharing!

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
I've thoroughly enjoyed this report, it's took a while to read it all but well worth it, thank you for sharing!
Thank you. Have a fantastic time in NYC and Florida!
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Hi April! First off, let me apologise for not responding on every post, it is unlike me but I stumbled across this report unexpectedly and just kept clicking onto the next post and the next etc., without pause

I've read and thoroughly enjoyed the whole report over the last few evenings, and was intrigued to read the TF update attached to the end of the index also. I was sorry to hear of your recent health problems and hope that they are not causing you too many problems day to day. That was certainly an interesting visit from TF, and well done to you all for making the best of the situation. I enjoyed reading about your short break on the Jurassic Coast, very interesting. It's a shame TF didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of you - as you said, it's obviously not his thing (perhaps too sedate for his boundless energy?).

Anyway, back to my main reason for commenting - your wonderful Florida trip. I loved reading about all of the different things you did together, both on your own with Poot and during the time R.C. spent with you. I have never stayed on site before, but you make it sound so appealing, with being able to pop in and out of the parks on a whim and eat in places that might otherwise be "off the menu" so to speak. I think it's lovely that you throw yourself into getting dressed up for the events and indulging Poots interests such as pin collecting and the sorcerer cards (not that I have any idea what this is!) - you seem to get the most you can out of every single day - no wonder every day is "the best day".

Sanibel Island sounds idyllic, how wonderful to spend time relaxing on the beach in such a beautiful setting with other loved ones after busy days at the theme parks. The Thanksgiving Dinner sounded lovely, a real family time.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at Universal as well, we weren't feeling the love for the Universal Parks the last time we visited, time for a re-match I think. Portofino Bay looks like a lovely place to stay, and the Club Level worked well for you with the lounge access for breakfast etc., something for us to consider I think.

As I've been reading your report for the last few evenings, my DH has been giving me funny looks as I've been chuckling away to myself. I've so enjoyed your style of writing, with your own thoughts thrown in amongst the facts of the story. I also loved Poots contributions and I have to say, I found R.C.s restaurant reviews hilarious!

On a final note, I think April is a fine name, I can't understand why you find it strange? On a side note, my DMIL is called June Avril which tickles me because she's named after 2 months of the year! She doesn't seem to mind, in fact I'm not sure she's ever thought of it as she hasn't ever mentioned it, but I often wonder how her mother took inspiration from the months of the year for both her first and middle names!

Apologies for the novel length response (I really should have left a short reply on each day), but such a wonderful report deserves a proper accolade. Thank you so much for sharing, I'll be looking out for future reports from you

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Hi April! First off, let me apologise for not responding on every post, it is unlike me but I stumbled across this report unexpectedly and just kept clicking onto the next post and the next etc., without pause

I've read and thoroughly enjoyed the whole report over the last few evenings, and was intrigued to read the TF update attached to the end of the index also. I was sorry to hear of your recent health problems and hope that they are not causing you too many problems day to day. That was certainly an interesting visit from TF, and well done to you all for making the best of the situation. I enjoyed reading about your short break on the Jurassic Coast, very interesting. It's a shame TF didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of you - as you said, it's obviously not his thing (perhaps too sedate for his boundless energy?).

Anyway, back to my main reason for commenting - your wonderful Florida trip. I loved reading about all of the different things you did together, both on your own with Poot and during the time R.C. spent with you. I have never stayed on site before, but you make it sound so appealing, with being able to pop in and out of the parks on a whim and eat in places that might otherwise be "off the menu" so to speak. I think it's lovely that you throw yourself into getting dressed up for the events and indulging Poots interests such as pin collecting and the sorcerer cards (not that I have any idea what this is!) - you seem to get the most you can out of every single day - no wonder every day is "the best day".

Sanibel Island sounds idyllic, how wonderful to spend time relaxing on the beach in such a beautiful setting with other loved ones after busy days at the theme parks. The Thanksgiving Dinner sounded lovely, a real family time.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at Universal as well, we weren't feeling the love for the Universal Parks the last time we visited, time for a re-match I think. Portofino Bay looks like a lovely place to stay, and the Club Level worked well for you with the lounge access for breakfast etc., something for us to consider I think.

As I've been reading your report for the last few evenings, my DH has been giving me funny looks as I've been chuckling away to myself. I've so enjoyed your style of writing, with your own thoughts thrown in amongst the facts of the story. I also loved Poots contributions and I have to say, I found R.C.s restaurant reviews hilarious!

On a final note, I think April is a fine name, I can't understand why you find it strange? On a side note, my DMIL is called June Avril which tickles me because she's named after 2 months of the year! She doesn't seem to mind, in fact I'm not sure she's ever thought of it as she hasn't ever mentioned it, but I often wonder how her mother took inspiration from the months of the year for both her first and middle names!

Apologies for the novel length response (I really should have left a short reply on each day), but such a wonderful report deserves a proper accolade. Thank you so much for sharing, I'll be looking out for future reports from you
I am also one who (tries to) comment day by day, so I know EXACTLY what you mean. And while we certainly missed your participation in the comments, I do thank you for posting now.

I've done two other trippies, they're in my signature - but I'm not going to do any more. If you like Florida...my most recent TR is DCL, New York, Montreal and Orlando - and it pretty much carries on the story (TF and all) from this one.

Many thanks for your good wishes. I have gotten used to my new and exciting neurological disorder - I've only fallen over ONCE since last summer. Poot also sends thanks - he does love to hear that adults enjoy his writing. As for DH...let's not tell him that I posted his restaurant "reviews" for all the world to see, eh? I do rather take the Michael out of poor R.C., but he really is a lovely chap - and in fact - an absolute BRICK.

On this last trip (October 2017), Poot most definitely "grew out" of the Sorcerers cards - so it was interesting to think back to this holiday - and see how completely MAD for them he was. It's amazing, isn't it...one year you have a child...and the next year you have a young man..."Sunrise, Sunset", indeed.

We do love Portofino - and having stayed at Cabana Bay last year - we love it even more. It's not like staying at the George V, but it really does feel like a little oasis in the middle of Orlando. And words fail to describe how much I love being able to WALK to the parks.

Again, many thanks for your thoughtful post - I'm sure we'll see each other 'round the forums!