Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

What a week - mind blown! How's your week been?

I started my new job this week and am absolutely loving it, really questioning why it took me so long to leave the NHS.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the day in the lab and got to witness IVF, absolutely incredible, mind blowing... and what an honour to literally be there for the potential beginning of life.

Then we dropped off my DD last night at LHR as she's off to Thailand for a month volunteering, we'll next see her in 4 weeks time when we meet up in Dubai enroute to our family holiday.

I'm treating myself to a large glass of vino collapso tonight!

How's your week been?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 06:45 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshie35
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds like an amazing week. Takes a lot of courage to leave a job and start a new one.
Our week has been exciting too.
We have started IVF yesterday so we have a exciting and difficult 4 weeks to come!
Welshie35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I started my new job this week and am absolutely loving it, really questioning why it took me so long to leave the NHS.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend the day in the lab and got to witness IVF, absolutely incredible, mind blowing... and what an honour to literally be there for the potential beginning of life.

Then we dropped off my DD last night at LHR as she's off to Thailand for a month volunteering, we'll next see her in 4 weeks time when we meet up in Dubai enroute to our family holiday.

How's your week been?
Welcome to the ex NHS club
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Sounds amazing !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

How's your week been?
Sounds great!

Originally Posted by Welshie35 View Post
Sounds like an amazing week. Takes a lot of courage to leave a job and start a new one.
We have started IVF yesterday so we have a exciting and difficult 4 weeks to come!
Fingers crossed for you!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

So glad you are enjoying it, it’s such a fantastic feeling to love your job again.
Old 31 May 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welshie35 View Post
Wishing you tons of good luck on the start of your journey

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Welcome to the ex NHS club
I don't know what took me so long, feel like I've escaped from a sinking ship I've been trying to stay afloat on!

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
So glad you are enjoying it, it’s such a fantastic feeling to love your job again.
You're so right

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

What a week for you! Glad you are enjoying it.
We went to our caravan for half term, bought on a whim last August haha and have just done it again- whoops! We bought a basic static to see if like it, I love it and I love my caravan but family have done nothing but moan about being chilly, wanting more comfort (this is hubby, kids and parents) so with the money I was paying for Florida I've been accepted for finance on a "posh" one as my daughter said. One we were dreaming off, possibly in 5yrs time. Nope we got it now! They gave us a fab deal and the 2019 summer model was £12k cheaper than the 2019 spring model that everyone was drooling over. Holidays are getting more expensive now for us, I'm limited to when I can take holidays, my hubby has limited holidays and my father can no longer travel far and uses a wheelchair so it seems like the better option. We get a break whenever we want without using our days. I thought I was doing to well this week with not spending much haha
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

Wishing you tons of good luck on the start of your journey

I don't know what took me so long, feel like I've escaped from a sinking ship I've been trying to stay afloat on!

You're so right
I feel the same, the Hospital I work at is falling to bits and is vile. I am trying to get out but the NHS is still paying better than anything outside so I feel trapped. Congrats on escaping and giving me hope!
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Well done you sounds fantastic. I started working in the NHS in 1986 and at times I'm clinging on with my teeth, it's truly getting harder & harder.