Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Thanks all , hospital diagnosed pluerisy , we got a note and rushed back to school as they said he could do it if he got there by 11 . However school said he is clearly not fit to sit any exams today and sent us home .
Goodness poor thing. Get well wishes for him.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope he is better soon, has he many more exams to sit? Although his health is the most important concern at the moment, has the school said what will happen about this exam, will they submit his mock result?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I do hope he is better soon, has he many more exams to sit? Although his health is the most important concern at the moment, has the school said what will happen about this exam, will they submit his mock result?
he will miss the two today , next week from Tuesday he has at least one a day so am just hoping he's better by then. He is in bed now lying on the painful side as that seems to help so was wondering if he could wheel his bed in The school said it will go on the papers he has already sat for English and Biology. He has been averaging grades 7 and 6 for English in mocks but he didnt think the English he did Tuesday went particularly well so was hoping to make up for it today . Biology first exam he said went ok so maybe he will scrape a pass with that one.
I hope he doesn't miss any more especially Maths as if they take the average of what he's achieved so far it wont be a pass
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope feeling better soon. My daughter has gone in today to do English & Biology after having a root canal last night. She was not happy this morning and in pain. School said would need a letter from her dentist to confirm it but it was only tooth pain so probably couldn't get anything for her. Just hope it's not affected her too much.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Hope feeling better soon. My daughter has gone in today to do English & Biology after having a root canal last night. She was not happy this morning and in pain. School said would need a letter from her dentist to confirm it but it was only tooth pain so probably couldn't get anything for her. Just hope it's not affected her too much.
That’s not good as root canal can be very painful . My son’s school have just rung to see how he is and are now saying they are not completely sure what will happen grade wise so that’s a worry . They think he should have antibiotics to ensure it clears up but the hospital didn’t suggest that . No point ringing my doctor as tried that this morning and couldn’t be seen at all . Just can’t wait for exams to be done , think I am as stressed as him or more so !
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

he will miss the two today , next week from Tuesday he has at least one a day so am just hoping he's better by then. He is in bed now lying on the painful side as that seems to help so was wondering if he could wheel his bed in The school said it will go on the papers he has already sat for English and Biology. He has been averaging grades 7 and 6 for English in mocks but he didnt think the English he did Tuesday went particularly well so was hoping to make up for it today . Biology first exam he said went ok so maybe he will scrape a pass with that one.
I hope he doesn't miss any more especially Maths as if they take the average of what he's achieved so far it wont be a pass
It is a worry isn’t it? But if he’s feeling too ill he probably wouldn’t be up to concentrating on the exam if he did get in. I hope he is better after the weekend. Did the doctor give an idea of how long he would be feeling unwell?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It is a worry isn’t it? But if he’s feeling too ill he probably wouldn’t be up to concentrating on the exam if he did get in. I hope he is better after the weekend. Did the doctor give an idea of how long he would be feeling unwell?
A few days up to two weeks but to be honest it may have started last week and we thought it was something else . He had a bad cold during half term then towards the end of half term he went out playing football all day with mates . He came home that day complaining his side hurt and complained every day since then but we assumed it was football related . The pain wasn’t on the scale it was today though so hopefully he has had it a week and it will clear up now .
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

A few days up to two weeks but to be honest it may have started last week and we thought it was something else . He had a bad cold during half term then towards the end of half term he went out playing football all day with mates . He came home that day complaining his side hurt and complained every day since then but we assumed it was football related . The pain wasn’t on the scale it was today though so hopefully he has had it a week and it will clear up now .
I would mention this to school as perhaps it should be considered for the exams he's already taken this week.
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope so for him, he must feel terrible. Hope he’s better by Monday
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Oh bless him I had pleurisy a few years ago it knocked me off my feet for two weeks and took nearly the same to get back to normal
If he gets more pain take him back I was on iv medication with mine
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List