Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jun 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 7 No plans?!

In an unprecedented scene of events... today we had NO plans! Zero. Zip. Nada. This is very unusual for us at home or abroad but much needed. We didn't get out of bed until about 9.30am. It was the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We had a nice holiday ritual now of getting coffee then going to the pool which was already packed so we only lasted an hour, it was too loud and busy for us.

We went back to the room and got changed for our little shopping expedition. I had almost run out of reading material (my books were just too good!) but we still had a week and a long flight ahead of us. A quick post on Dibb and loads of people helped. I was directed to Barnes and Nobel on the same road as Wholefoods which we had already walked to a couple of times although it was a bit further away - a 50 min walk. We set off absolutely caked in sun cream it was scorchio today.

The walk was fine but nothing exciting. We saw Sand Lake itself (I think but don't actually know!)

I spent quite a long time deciding as I hate wasting time and money on books that I don't like! Jono also bought a running book too. It was $52 for 3 books and we set off back. We called into Walgreens for drinks and got these massive cans of flavoured tea as we are a bit obsessed with ice tea and I try to buy cans as they can be recycled. Our hotel had recycling bins so we tried to buy cans rather than bottles and put them there. I felt so guilty about the plastic waste while we were away.

Heres a photo of my holiday reading material!

We decided to go to Wholefoods for another salad box today as they are so good! While we were there I couldn't resist more vegan goodies for the room. The selection was slightly different today and we had tempura cauliflower it was delicious! We need to learn how to make it at home. I also got some dark chocolate almond cups they were very nice. We ate in the cafe area which we really liked doing as it meant our salad didn't get warm before we could eat it.

You can get a chicken pie in your salad box if you want!

I admired the vegan cakes but didn't get one... this time.

We had a slow walk back down iDrive and decided to do Pirates Cove mini golf. For some reason I remembered reading that this wasn't very good but we decided to go for it anyway. It was $30 for 2 people, 18 holes. We selected the easy course as I'm completely rubbish. We had a fab time the course is so much fun and we thought it was great value for money as the game lasted a while. It wasn't too busy although there was always a group in front and behind so there was a little bit of waiting around, we didn't mind. We would recommend it for anyone looking for something fun on iDrive.

After mini golf, where inevitably Jono won, we went back to the hotel it was about 4pm. We went back to the pool which was still packed but we found a shady corner to sit and read in, going into the pool every so often. Jono went to the gym and about 6.30pm we went back to the room to get ready for tea. We decided on Hopdoddy Burgers again as it was so close and we liked it last time. I had hoped they would have the other vegan option back in stock (the Impossible burger) but apparently it was sold out across the whole state! This time we both had the bean burger again with alternative cheese and mayo, we shared a large fries it was nice. It was $40 inc tip.

We then had a walk around Pointe Orlando as there are actually more shops than I realised here. The womens clothes/bag shop was really nice but I was conscious that we were over spending every day. I did buy some trinkets from the hippie surfer dude shop (I do love my trinkets!) as a souvenir. Then we went back to the room and did a load of laundry such an exciting evening. We really enjoyed today even though we didn't do much, mini golf was great fun!

Total spends $180
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Chilled non park days are so nice. We were there the same time as you, leaving on 26th - boy was it hot. We had to take chilled days relaxing at the villa.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Chilled non park days are so nice. We were there the same time as you, leaving on 26th - boy was it hot. We had to take chilled days relaxing at the villa.
Oh really small world! Hope you had a brilliant holiday thank you for reading and taking the time to comment that's very kind of you!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

nice chilled day
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

This sounds a lovely day, I am amazed you walked somewhere as no-one seems to do that in Florida! On our first trip we stayed on International Drive and we walked from our hotel to Universal (near the strip with TGIs/Walgreens/Subway) and thought it was completely normal but I'd never do it now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List