Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It always amazes me that people spend thousands of pounds on holidays but some like to skimp over the cost of holiday insurance - to me that's the most important thing! Cheaper doesn't always mean better.
Buying expensive insurance doesn’t mean better either.

It’s not about cost, it’s about coverage and personal issues. I shop around , pre existing conditions, I found a cheap one that had more coverage for me than one that was more expensive, the difference was over £100. That’s £100 in my pocket.

Terms and condition that’s the key, not the costs
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Buying expensive insurance doesn’t mean better either.

It’s not about cost, it’s about coverage and personal issues. I shop around , pre existing conditions, I found a cheap one that had more coverage for me than one that was more expensive, the difference was over £100. That’s £100 in my pocket.

Terms and condition that’s the key, not the costs
I realise that and I get the best one for my pre-existing conditions one of which could land me in hospital any time. But so many people just go for the cheapest because it's the cheapest without reading the ts and cs. This forum alone has had loads of posts about it over the years.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
To be honest, we are lucky ours is cheap. Virgin Money 5 Star just came in at £140 so im happy.
Realistically reading the small print of travel insurance, Im sure many people dont realise that they need to declare the smallest thing. Just did one quote and they asked have you seen your GP in the last 2 years.
You'll find a lot ask whether you've been to see your GP, but they should also have an accepted conditions list.

I'm with HSBC Premier and the list is quite extensive, so no need to contact them for those items.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Insurancewith and BlueBear travel insurance are both good for pre existing conditions, far more reasonably priced than some.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

We used Staysure for our insurance this time as well, was the most reasonable we found, and by requesting a quote but not buying that day they sent us a voucher for 15% off overnight which helped too.
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mi55pink
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I use Insurewith for my PEMC and they have always seemed the most reasonably priced with t&cs I’m happy with. The more mainstream insurers seem to be really expensive with a condition.

However I’m not waiting on tests or had any hospital stays so don’t know if they would still be reasonable if that was the case
mi55pink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List