Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

Just rung LV as I am so curious as to why there is such a big increase on last years premium and all they will say is medical costs have gone up and lots of claims have been made ... I have just redone our quotes with exactly the same information we put in a few days ago Premier Annual 218.69 (but can get £25 on quidco) or 165.90 for single trip Premier (with £5 off on quidco), both less than the other day!
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pattfisherman
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Try applying with LV online as a new customer and see if that helps bring the price down. You could then ask them to price match 👍
Pattfisherman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

Hi, that`s how I got the slightly reduced prices yesterday. Every time we do a new quote the price seems different which is odd as all our information is exactly the same.
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My annual insurance trebled with my existing company because apparently having reached 65 years old I’ve gone into the next age band so I haven’t renewed with them as I can get it far cheaper with other companies. It wasn’t either LV or Sainsbury’s though but I’m not sure if that could be the reason. Someone reaching an arbitrary new age band ?
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

These companies seem to be able to get us every way then can! unfortunately travel insurance is something we really need to have. I am 61 and my daughter is 22, apart from us both being 1 year older (our health declarations have been the same for past 3 years) premiums have more or less doubled. Needs must so looks like we will go with LV again (just hope in the unfortunate event we have to make a claim the people I have spoken to at LV do not deal with claims! )
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
My annual insurance trebled with my existing company because apparently having reached 65 years old I’ve gone into the next age band so I haven’t renewed with them as I can get it far cheaper with other companies. It wasn’t either LV or Sainsbury’s though but I’m not sure if that could be the reason. Someone reaching an arbitrary new age band ?
So annoying isn’t it. Never had need to see a GP in over 15 +yrs apart from a fall and broken wrist visit to A &E.
The ripe old age of 70 rears it’s head and DONG figure double or even trebles again. Why !
It seems we are all banded as old codgers, one foot in the grave. Don’t they realise we are mostly healthy that’s why we are living longer

Edited at 06:42 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

I agree silverfox46, they know we are living longer so trying to get every last penny out of us for as long as possible!
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

I would highly recommend Sainsbury’s. We’ve had an annual insurance policy with them now for 3 or 4 years, and they were excellent a few years ago when we had to make a claim.
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

Thank you U2fan, we are still dithering. Sainsbury`s list what is actually covered a lot better than LV. We have emailed LV to ask a few questions and await their reply.
Great to her Sainsbury`s were excellent when you had to make a claim, as this is what its all about and you only really find out how good a company is when in this situation.

I have spoken twice to LV about the increased premium from last year and found them to be quite snotty and unhelpful (not sure how they deal with claims)
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunnhpk
Imagineer

Thank you all for replying to my posting.

At long last we are sorted, Gold Annual Policy with Sainsbury`s which was less than single trip price, they seem to offer everything we need.

Don`t think I would ever use LV again as they were so unhelpful on the phone, I also needed something else clarifying so emailed them for confirmation and they replied telling me to read the policy!