Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

would be interested in your views on split airport esp smoothness of immigration and your return flight.

Never been through that Croatian airport before, and going for a quick trip in sept.

Pula is completely disorganised imo (unless just hit bad days). Would be interested if split is better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Looking forward to your trippie as I would love to get to Croatia
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a great holiday
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Have a fabulous time in Croatia - we loved it. Absolutely beautiful place.

And I’m sure your daughter will particularly appreciate it after all her hard work.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am eagerly awaiting your trip report! Hope you having lovely time!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

I went to Croatia last month with my teenage daughter, we hired a car and traveled around a bit.

We visited Zagreb, Rastoke, Plitvice, Sibenik, Split, Trogir, Zadar, islands of Losinj and Cres, Pula, Bale, Rovinj, Brioni Island. Some places for a couple of days some only a few hours, all beautiful!

We had an amazing time, found it a very easy country to navigate - easy driving and everyone spoke near perfect English.

I'd love to go back and explore more one day. Would love to see more islands and national parks, we had thought we might do an island hopping day trip from Split but the weather was too changeable. It was unseasonably cool while we were there, still t-shirt weather but 50/50 jeans rather than shorts, and the sea was still freezing cold (so dd said anyway ). It even rained the whole day we were at Plitvice but it was still breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

It’s our last full day today and we have loved it here. We are planning on writing a trip report but the weather has been a constant 32°, we have visited lots of places, the people here are very friendly and speak excellent English and our Airbnb has been a perfect base. Croatian food has been delicious too and everything is very affordable. I would definitely recommend anyone to visit this beautiful country. Full trip report to follow... , 😀 Thanks again for all the advice on this thread, I hope my trip report will be helpful for anyone thinking of coming here
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I’m especially looking forward to reading all about your trip,ahead of our first visit in September.
I’m glad the sun has shone for you & that you’ve had a wonderful time.
Tracy x
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It’s our last full day today and we have loved it here. We are planning on writing a trip report but the weather has been a constant 32°, we have visited lots of places, the people here are very friendly and speak excellent English and our Airbnb has been a perfect base. Croatian food has been delicious too and everything is very affordable. I would definitely recommend anyone to visit this beautiful country. Full trip report to follow... , 😀 Thanks again for all the advice on this thread, I hope my trip report will be helpful for anyone thinking of coming here
my son has asked if we can go back to Croatia next year - so will look into staying a few days at split followed by a return visit to Cavtat as we did like it there. Glad your holiday was enjoyable.
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Looking forward to reading your report as Croatia is on the list possibly for next year. Glad you enjoyed it
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List