Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Happy Easter x
Thank you, disney owl - and to you - I hope you get to spend some quality time with your family.

Now go and get yourself a nice cup of tea - you've EARNED IT!

See you next week with the rest of Sanibel Island - there will be sand turkeys...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The conch shells are so beautiful! Thanks for the tip of looking in the water Poot.

The picture of the dolphins is absolutely gorgeous! I also love the picture of your view, the blue ocean and blue sky meeting is beautiful.

I think the Everbabes is genius! I laughed out loud at the hot dog ordering story. I have eaten many a dog but even I would be stumped at that question!

I have never been to mass in the States but whenever I have seen their church in pictures I am always slightly thrown by them. Catholic churches here are so formal that it just doesn't seem right basically sitting in a concert hall!

P.S. We have an annual debate over how to eat a dinner roll at Christmas, no-one ever remembers.
P.P.S. We didn't like ESPN! Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, one of the newer restaurants at Disney Springs, has a fried chicken dish with doughnuts rather than waffles. Excited to try it out.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The conch shells are so beautiful! Thanks for the tip of looking in the water Poot.

The picture of the dolphins is absolutely gorgeous! I also love the picture of your view, the blue ocean and blue sky meeting is beautiful.

I think the Everbabes is genius! I laughed out loud at the hot dog ordering story. I have eaten many a dog but even I would be stumped at that question!

I have never been to mass in the States but whenever I have seen their church in pictures I am always slightly thrown by them. Catholic churches here are so formal that it just doesn't seem right basically sitting in a concert hall!

P.S. We have an annual debate over how to eat a dinner roll at Christmas, no-one ever remembers.
P.P.S. We didn't like ESPN! Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, one of the newer restaurants at Disney Springs, has a fried chicken dish with doughnuts rather than waffles. Excited to try it out.
OK...let's go sublime first (then ridiculous - this is my trippie, after all ).

Do you remember the story of Vladimir's baptism of Kiev? How he sent envoys out to all the different faiths, etc...and when the envoys saw the Hagia Sophia they said, "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth - nor such beauty - and we know not how to tell of it."

That's what a church should be like, verruca-builders!

Homecoming (Homecomin'?) is on my list, too. I LOVE me some fried green tomatoes. Chicken and doughtnuts may be a bridge too far, even for me...

I've been to the ESPN Club before (but it was YEARS ago, I think we just had drinks) - was it the food you didn't like? Or the tellies in the ladies' room?

Many thanks for your lovely compliments - I do so enjoy seeing what you'll mention in your reply - and I will pass on your remarks to Poot as well (though you're already his favourite Dibber!).

But Colette - if you really do have a bread roll debate at Christmas - your festive table needs more liquor. Having said that, I can remember a Christmas Eve dinner where DM told R.C. "If I thought like you do, I'd have no choice but to kill myself." So maybe baked goods are the way to go...
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
OK...let's go sublime first (then ridiculous - this is my trippie, after all ).

Do you remember the story of Vladimir's baptism of Kiev? How he sent envoys out to all the different faiths, etc...and when the envoys saw the Hagia Sophia they said, "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth - nor such beauty - and we know not how to tell of it."

That's what a church should be like, verruca-builders!

Homecoming (Homecomin'?) is on my list, too. I LOVE me some fried green tomatoes. Chicken and doughtnuts may be a bridge too far, even for me...

I've been to the ESPN Club before (but it was YEARS ago, I think we just had drinks) - was it the food you didn't like? Or the tellies in the ladies' room?

Many thanks for your lovely compliments - I do so enjoy seeing what you'll mention in your reply - and I will pass on your remarks to Poot as well (though you're already his favourite Dibber!).

But Colette - if you really do have a bread roll debate at Christmas - your festive table needs more liquor. Having said that, I can remember a Christmas Eve dinner where DM told R.C. "If I thought like you do, I'd have no choice but to kill myself." So maybe baked goods are the way to go...
I had just taken a sip of a drink when I read the bit in bold and almost choked with laughter.

We weren't keen on the food at ESPN. We had eaten such lovely meals prior to going there that the burgers etc just didn't compare. We'd had better quick service food elsewhere and wished we had stopped at the Boardwalk Bakery instead for a lobster roll (I don't think they do those anymore so I regret it even more now!). We have eaten at Big River Grille on the Boardwalk too and that was much nicer.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

So I've just been sharing Poots's liking of pesto with my son who has had pesto with at least one dish each day this week (Easter holidays: he gets to cook/contribute to his own lunch/tea each day! Thankfully it didn't make it into the salted caramel brownie he made yesterday!)
I also discussed how I interesting your posts are: do you blog yet because for sure you should share this eloquence with the world?
Thanks for all the shell pictures, we were amazed at what you got in one haul
flo-tinka is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I had just taken a sip of a drink when I read the bit in bold and almost choked with laughter.

We weren't keen on the food at ESPN. We had eaten such lovely meals prior to going there that the burgers etc just didn't compare. We'd had better quick service food elsewhere and wished we had stopped at the Boardwalk Bakery instead for a lobster roll (I don't think they do those anymore so I regret it even more now!). We have eaten at Big River Grille on the Boardwalk too and that was much nicer.
Sorry about the drink...but I'm still taking that as a compliment, lol.

Ah, a shame - I ate at Big River with my brother ten or so years ago and filed that one under "pleasantly disappointing" - so to hear that ESPN didn't measure up to IT - well, I guess I won't be working that one into the schedule next time...

And thanks for satisfying my (embarrassingly insatiable) curiosity.
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
So I've just been sharing Poots's liking of pesto with my son who has had pesto with at least one dish each day this week (Easter holidays: he gets to cook/contribute to his own lunch/tea each day! Thankfully it didn't make it into the salted caramel brownie he made yesterday!)
I also discussed how I interesting your posts are: do you blog yet because for sure you should share this eloquence with the world?
Thanks for all the shell pictures, we were amazed at what you got in one haul
I think you can buy Heston Blumenthal pesto and salted caramel brownies at Waitrose...wait, maybe not.

Kudos to you for getting your son so involved in the kitchen - Poot loves to eat, but it has been a bit like pulling teeth trying to teach him to cook, even a little. "It's so much WORK, Mother!" Well, DUH...why do you think I want YOU to do some of it?

We are hard-core shellers, Poot and I. Honestly, we could both stand in the sea all day - maybe I should get us a metal detector and we could try our hand at treasure hunting! Poot did dig up an air filter (?!) in the garden yesterday, so who knows...

And thank you for the splendid compliment, though I can't feel I deserve it. I only write like I talk (I KNOW, it's a miracle I'm still married). See you next week! -
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Been waiting for this day and loved reading it! We stayed at Sanibel a couple of years ago overnight and I was out shelling at dawn - me who's a night-owl usually and only sees dawn when going on holiday! I was amazed how busy the beach was at that time and had a fabulous time shelling. I actually think about it when I can't get to sleep

So - we are going back! Two nights this time and we'll be arriving there on 30th May as part of our roadtrip Can't wait to just flip-flop over to the path to the sand ...

Loved the bread conversation and Poot's cheese observation!

Looking forward to reading about your trip to Ding Darling too. Happy Easter

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Oh how I giggle at your report, brilliant
Agree with Lucyjane best quote from Poot "Americans just don't appreciate cheese enough" ha ha

I'm with him on that, although no offence they do like cheese with lots of food (just not decent cheese)
Oh and the "I like pesto"

Off to take the test

Edit: in case you're interested (not!) I'm an EXECUTIVE
(ESTJ-A) whatever that means

Edited at 08:10 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Why, thank you - what a lovely thing to say!

But ENFP! And they let you join the Dibb?!

My mother is an ENFJ: Everyone Needs Fulfilment and Joy. As you can imagine, I was the daughter she dreamed of - INTJ: It's Not Thoroughly Justified.

Can I be really nosy and ask about your Disney planning style - being a P - do you tend to play it by ear? Because DH is (what they charmingly call) a "Flaming P" - and he can't plan more than about ten minutes ahead...

Don't feel obligated to answer, obviously - I just find all this so fascinating!
Now strangely enough I am a full on planner when it comes to Disney (or pretty much any trip for that matter) and I love the months of organising to get ready. I would hate to rock up unprepared - isn't that strange when it isn't my natural preference in daily life. I'm totally disorganised in every other aspect - I don't even think about meal planning until I'm actually in the supermarket and think I'd better buy something to feed the kids with for the next few days!
But I harbour longings of an organised life and my guilty pleasure is sometimes watching weird people on YouTube showing off their insanely organised kitchen cupboards...
😳😳😳😳
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List