Notices

Old 13 May 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Arrow *And we're off ! * From Rock'n'Roll to Creole. The 5 State Road Trip September 2017

Cowboys ! Cajuns ! Country !

5 states, 4 flights , 3 weeks, 2 old timers, 1 big birthday and 0 Teens :

Update 10 June. Travel, Texas and Arkansas. Days 0-3

Update 19 June. Memphis and Nashville. Days 4-8

Update 19 June #2. New Orleans . Days 9-11

Updated 25 June. Florida. Days 12-17

Updated 4 September

Its nearly Double Digit Day and we keep changing the Plan

I am over excited for this trip. It is a logistical nightmare but it’s going to be awesome

If we can just finalise it

Well, the bits I have booked already are awesome … still a few gaps that could mean we are pitching a tent on some days or taking some very long walks if we don’t confirm the car and internal flights soon, ho hum

When are we Going ?

We have timed it to co-incide with DS1 still being home before returning to Uni for his second year.

Of course you just know already that this is bound to be problematic nearer the time , but we had to commit to some dates .

That puts DS1 in charge of his l’il Bro ( DS2 who will be 17) and the two dogs. What could possibly go wrong?.

No, Really, I’d rather not think about that.

It will all be fine.

Sales of Domino’s pizzas will rocket and the dogs will be ( even more) fat and unruly

No , really, it will be fine.

See , if I say that often enough it will be true.

Where are we Going?

Well, that’s seen more changes in recent weeks than the White House Christmas Card list ... but for this weekend at least it looks like this :

Heathrow Premier Inn – 1 night
Dallas , Tx – 2 nights
Little Rock, Ark – 1 night
Eureka Springs, Ark – 1 night
Memphis, TN -2 nights
Nashville, TN – 2 nights
New Orleans, LA – 4 nights
Largo, FL- 3 nights
Orlando, FL- 2 nights

With travel day either side takes us to 19 days , with 17 nights in the US.

We really do need to confirm the travel. Did I say that already ?

I have 15 different versions of the incredible plan which we have been messing about with for months. By the end of May, we need to have it booked – or bin it. That’s the challenge !

More to come ….I have been dress shopping

There will be swanky hotels. There will be budget hotels.

Big Planes and Little planes.

Food

Cocktails

And inevitably some drama or other

Stay Tuned

Edited at 02:31 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I can't wait It sounds epic!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I can't wait It sounds epic!
I cant wait either

I booked a couple of the "posh" restaurants last night in Dallas and Memphis to make sure we get in. Is it wrong I am so excited by where we are having dinner

We have our Grand Ole Opry Tix for Nashville too, I'm off to sort the Graceland ones next ... assuming we dont change our dates

More detail to follow
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a fab trip and the boys - and the house - will be fine . . . .
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Thank You - yes I hope so - we only went out for dinner recently and came home to find a stair spindle in half - apparently you cant swing round on it at 17 like you could do at 7 - who knew
Old 14 May 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds fabulous! If the sale of my dads house goes through ok we're going to do a California road trip, haven't done that for donkeys years! Looking forward to all your updates. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Wow that trip just sounds amazing and can't wait to read all about it! We went to Dallas a couple of years ago - be sure to go to the Book Depository museum.

I get ridiculously excited about the small things too - one week to go ... squeee!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Hi Amanda, looking forward to hearing about all your plans. The boys will be fine. DS lives on takeaways when we are away.
Old 15 May 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds fabulous! If the sale of my dads house goes through ok we're going to do a California road trip, haven't done that for donkeys years! Looking forward to all your updates. Pussycat
Ah, loved the West Coast - cant believe its 5 years since we did that trip - we must go back too, without the kids

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Wow that trip just sounds amazing and can't wait to read all about it! We went to Dallas a couple of years ago - be sure to go to the Book Depository museum.

I get ridiculously excited about the small things too - one week to go ... squeee!
Thanks - Will make a note of that - I went to Dallas as a child - out to Southfork The first few days are a trip down memory lane for me . Have a great trip

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Hi Amanda, looking forward to hearing about all your plans. The boys will be fine. DS lives on takeaways when we are away.
thanks Sam, I am sure they will be fine - at least Connor has had a year of experience fending for himself. There is a Co-op at the bottom of the hill so if nothing else they can stock up on microwave meals from there Or the kebab van next to it