Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 23 Mar 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do DLP - Day 5, the end!

Day 5 - Sunday 18th February 2018

Our fifth and final day! Heath told us "I want time to go slower, happiness makes it go fast so I want to be told off because that makes it slow" love him.

Obviously we were up again for early hours - straight to the Studios for a ride on Ratatouille (our 7th of the trip I think!) and another go on the cars ride.

Then we went to the main park. We rode Peter Pan, had two goes on IASW (the operators thought we were crazy, staying on for another go, but let us do it) and then a little spin on the tea cups. We managed 2 x parks and 6 x rides by 1015, pretty good going for our last day.
We had a lovely walk around Fantasyland, just soaking it all in.

We picked up a FP for Buzz and decided to do a loop on the train as we hadn't been on that yet. Got on in Discoveryland and the train arrived just as we walked onto the platform, great timing.

We really enjoyed just sitting and watching the world go by, always plenty to look at on the way round too. We got off back at Discoveryland and then walked through to Adventureland as I fancied trying Hakuna Matata for lunch

However, the boys just fancied pizza so we went to Colonel Hathi's instead. It's the same menu as Bella Notte, but jungle themed!

The drum show started at about 1230 I think, there was certainly a lot more entertainment on the weekend, but there were a lot more people too!

After lunch, we used our Buzz FPs. I checked Star Tours but the return time was 6.30pm, sadly too late for us. Instead, we decided to go on the boat, Molly Brown, back in Frontierland.
Again, timings were in our favour as we arrived in time to board. The sun had come out and it was a really lovely little trip.

Then it was time for a snack on Main Street. I had read about Cable Car Bake Shop so we headed there.

At this point, we were all exhausted! We just sat and did nothing for while, I think Mark even fell asleep Heath told us he likes to think about all the nice things that have happened in a day when he goes to sleep, "I'll have a lot to think about when I get home!"

We then spent a little time just exploring the shops, and more shopping of course!
I'd fallen in love with this in Harringtons so picked it up. They only do it for Frontierland and Adventureland according to the CM who served us.

Then we popped into the Emporium again as I wanted a fridge magnet. We also picked up a spinning 2018 pin and a 25th anniversary Mickey

Heath plays football with his cuddlies every day, and loves having a Disney FC team

I'd read that you can hear people talking sometimes along Main Street, and we did! Just outside Dapper Dans - there were voices coming from a window upstairs, sounded like a scene was being filmed. Those little touches really made it magical.

We started to make our way to the exit, but obviously had time for a quick look in the Christmas shop!

Mark spotted a bauble of the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty and bought it for me because he knows I love them. Mine is packed away so here's a google photo

We also spotted the 2018 pin badge booster set which is the one I'd wanted before arriving. Mark was at the point of "buy everything!" so we got that too! I think he'd developed Disney Stockholm Syndrome by this point

That was it - we were shopped out and it was time to leave

We took the short walk over to the Eurostar station. Heath and I joined the queue, while Mark went and found our bags (they go to different places, depending on your hotel). My note taking had stopped by now so I have no idea how long we waited but it didn't feel too bad and we were soon shuffling our way through security. (Our friends didn't arrive until much later and said it was bedlam then! My friend's DH told her to text me to make sure we got there asap, my friend laughed and told him we'd have gone through way before she knows me well!)

Once through, you get to wait on a cold and empty platform for the train to arrive. Again, this wasn't actually too painful and we were soon on. We were sat round a table this time which was nice. There was a bit of a delay on the way home but not enough to make us miss our train so we weren't bothered. Our friends got off at Ashford and we were so jealous, as we still had a tube and train journey ahead of us. I would definitely drive to Ashford for future trips, much nicer to be sitting in your car, rather than battling public transport with lots of bags.

We did end up running for our train and a nice man helped Mark carry the bags as we sprinted up the stairs...then it was time to relax and wait to reach home.

And that's it! Our wonderful Disney trip has come to an end. Before we went, Mark and Heath were very sceptical but now both can't wait to go back again! Disney well and truly worked its magic on us
Heath wants to go for Halloween, I'd like to go for Christmas and Mark wants to go during some nice, warm weather...what a shame, we'll have to go back at least three times! We don't have any firm plans at the moment but it would be lovely if we could fit in a 2019 trip. As you can see from my insanely long countdown, we're also planning to finally make it to WDW for Oct 2021.

I hope this trippie has been useful to anyone going soon, thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll be back with many more reports in the future.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the quotes from Heath. I imagine he was awake half the night thinking about all the good things that have happened while on your trip. It certainly has been action packed and full of park hopping.

Do you know what I think I'd be up for the warmer weather, but i suspect that is down to all the snow we've had recently as I've been ready for spring since about new year!

The one and only time I've been to DLP was 18 years ago and I was about 24. We went in July ... and it rained so even if you go in the summer you can't guarantee the weather.

There are some good things about your insanely long countdown to wdw. Lots of the new additions should be open by then! Plus by then hopefully Heath will want to join you on the coasters!

Thanks for sharing your report, it was great to read it

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love the quotes from Heath. I imagine he was awake half the night thinking about all the good things that have happened while on your trip. It certainly has been action packed and full of park hopping.

Do you know what I think I'd be up for the warmer weather, but i suspect that is down to all the snow we've had recently as I've been ready for spring since about new year!

The one and only time I've been to DLP was 18 years ago and I was about 24. We went in July ... and it rained so even if you go in the summer you can't guarantee the weather.

There are some good things about your insanely long countdown to wdw. Lots of the new additions should be open by then! Plus by then hopefully Heath will want to join you on the coasters!

Thanks for sharing your report, it was great to read it
He has a way with words! It was madly busy, but I felt like we really made the most of our trip.

I know, and more snow due next weekend
Ha, yes it's quite like here isn't it? You need a poncho at all times of year!

Very true - Ratatouille should be open in Epcot by then so Heath will be pleased I'm hoping the Star Wars frenzy may have calmed down by then too, but that might be wishful thinking!

Thanks for reading and commenting Abby, it's been fun to chat with everyone and remember our wonderful trip.
See you on your pre-trippie
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post

OK...I know lads (even 6 year old lads) don't like to be told they're precious...but SO PRECIOUS.

Well done to you on Mission: Conversion. Clearly I should be begging you for tips.

And now...you said you wanted to see our matchy-matchy in action...

So this week Poot and I went up to Birmingham to support Team USA in the Gymnastics World Cup. We were (of course!) appropriately attired - and were...on telly (to Poot's absolute delight) after the poor American chap fell (twice!) on floor.

Now, to be clear, I want credit (like CAROLINE level credit) for posting this snap...as not only am I wearing my sexy specs - I also have two chins.

Poot is turned to the side - but he is wearing this:

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
OK...I know lads (even 6 year old lads) don't like to be told they're precious...but SO PRECIOUS.

Well done to you on Mission: Conversion. Clearly I should be begging you for tips.

And now...you said you wanted to see our matchy-matchy in action...

So this week Poot and I went up to Birmingham to support Team USA in the Gymnastics World Cup. We were (of course!) appropriately attired - and were...on telly (to Poot's absolute delight) after the poor American chap fell (twice!) on floor.

Now, to be clear, I want credit (like CAROLINE level credit) for posting this snap...as not only am I wearing my sexy specs - I also have two chins.

Poot is turned to the side - but he is wearing this:

That's a great photo! I think you look lovely and Poot looks like he's gazing at you adoringly which is very cute. Thank you for sharing the matchy-matchy
Old 25 Mar 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Seems like you had a great trip, but I'm very disappointed I didn't see myself in any of your photos lol! I'm glad you had a good time as DLP has a special place in my heart.

I am very jealous of your countdown - it may be long but at least you have one! Though I have to confess I am waiting for free dining for WDW to be announced and then am hoping to have a countdown myself!

Thanks for taking the time to write your report; I have really enjoyed reading it.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
That's a great photo! I think you look lovely and Poot looks like he's gazing at you adoringly which is very cute. Thank you for sharing the matchy-matchy
Yep, that's about the right amount of credit. Good job, there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Seems like you had a great trip, but I'm very disappointed I didn't see myself in any of your photos lol! I'm glad you had a good time as DLP has a special place in my heart.

I am very jealous of your countdown - it may be long but at least you have one! Though I have to confess I am waiting for free dining for WDW to be announced and then am hoping to have a countdown myself!

Thanks for taking the time to write your report; I have really enjoyed reading it.
Haha, that is a shame that we didn't photobomb each other We really loved it and will definitely go back.

That's just a vague countdown for now, we haven't booked anything yet...it's more of an attempt to focus my mind on saving for it!

Glad you've enjoyed reading and thank you for commenting.

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Yep, that's about the right amount of credit. Good job, there.
Glad I got that right, phew (but seriously, you look good!)
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Fantastic trip report thank you for sharing
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jandlsmum View Post
Fantastic trip report thank you for sharing
Thank you and thanks for reading