Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Help with larger group booking/planning

Hi guys
I’ve been a bit AWOL for a few months as we are heading to the west coast this year and I’m gutted as I’m gonna miss my Florida

BUT .. I posted a while ago about wanting to take my parents however my Mam is terrified of flying and I wasn’t sure how to do it
Well we spoke to my parents and they both are 100% up for next year
I know my mam will be worried about the flight but she had a stroke a few month ago and this trip is the thing that she has talked about i.e. she came out the MRI and the first thing she said was how all the way through she thought about taking the boys (who are now nearly 17) to see the princesses at dinner lol .. the boys were slightly mortified but hid it well and told her they can’t wait

Well this is where I need to get my planning head on and could do with some advices s I’ve only ever booked for us 5 ..

My brother and his GF are going to come also so it will be a total of 9
I was going to book the bookings seperate to take advantage of the $ free credit which comes with free dining .. is this easy to do ?
I am gearing towards 10 - 12 nights Disney in beach club then 4 nights at HRH around October half term ... I’ve done just universal at this time but not Disney ... how bad is it ?
My mam has said she wants to fly virgin (we always use virgin and she said she want to go with who we know) so thinking I’ll probably book virgin holidays .. do you think I’m better calling into store and can I negotiate
Also silly question but how easy is über it with 9 people ?

Finally ... is there any advice or things you can think of ?

Thanks a million guys .. it seems weird as I’ve been planning orlando trips for the last 16 years (sometimes two trips a year) but I really feel out of water with this trip

Lisa x
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
so, Ive no experience in booking for larger groups... hopefully someone else will be able to give a better answer.
But in terms of flying Virgin, DH will only fly Virgin (theoretically - I have got him on Delta connecting flights). But you don’t need to book with Virgin to get flights with them, so it might be eorth exploring other TAs. We’ve had identical flights to Virgin Packages booked through Kenwood and Charter but at cheaper prices.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dianemc2000
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Hi guys
I’ve been a bit AWOL for a few months as we are heading to the west coast this year and I’m gutted as I’m gonna miss my Florida

BUT .. I posted a while ago about wanting to take my parents however my Mam is terrified of flying and I wasn’t sure how to do it
Well we spoke to my parents and they both are 100% up for next year
I know my mam will be worried about the flight but she had a stroke a few month ago and this trip is the thing that she has talked about i.e. she came out the MRI and the first thing she said was how all the way through she thought about taking the boys (who are now nearly 17) to see the princesses at dinner lol .. the boys were slightly mortified but hid it well and told her they can’t wait

Well this is where I need to get my planning head on and could do with some advices s I’ve only ever booked for us 5 ..

My brother and his GF are going to come also so it will be a total of 9
I was going to book the bookings seperate to take advantage of the $ free credit which comes with free dining .. is this easy to do ?
I am gearing towards 10 - 12 nights Disney in beach club then 4 nights at HRH around October half term ... I’ve done just universal at this time but not Disney ... how bad is it ?
My mam has said she wants to fly virgin (we always use virgin and she said she want to go with who we know) so thinking I’ll probably book virgin holidays .. do you think I’m better calling into store and can I negotiate
Also silly question but how easy is über it with 9 people ?

Finally ... is there any advice or things you can think of ?

Thanks a million guys .. it seems weird as I’ve been planning orlando trips for the last 16 years (sometimes two trips a year) but I really feel out of water with this trip

Lisa x
What a lovely thing to do & plan a big family holiday, something for your mum to look forward too.

I don’t want to put a dampener on your plans, however are you aware that the free dining end on 3rd October next year, if you can go on or before 3rd you will still qualify.

Good luck with all your planning
Dianemc2000 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m not sure but think the free dinning ends October 3 2020 check out the dates on one of the current threads on here
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

There are 9 of us and we booked a package thru Kenwood Travel. Virgin direct flights from Gatwick, a 6 bed 6 bath villa at Championsgate for 21 nights and a 12 seater vehicle. Just over £11,000. Hubby had a stroke in July 2017 so if he wants to have a rest day we can swim in the villa pool and chill on the deck. He is now talking and walking again but our son will be doing all the driving this time. We factored in that he does walk more slowly these days and we will probably give Busch Gardens, Seaworld, and Aquatica a miss and concentrate on Disney and Universal. Kenwood were very helpful and e mailed back the same day. Don't go with Florida Masters. Had no end of problems with them. Their customer service is useless beyond words.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

As the last day for check in at Disney is 3rd October for free dining (being released officially on 25/4) you may have to adjust your plans if that's important to you.

I've booked a few times for large groups, up to 12 of us. Thomas Cook allowed us to book with a deposit only, and gave us free seat selection.

We've ubered with 5 of us. You'd have to get 2 ubers for 9 of you. The app is really easy to use though.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks for all the replies guys 👍🏻
Yeah I noticed a couple of days ago about the free DDP dates so are moving to last couple of weeks in auguest .. it’s going to be hotter but hey ho, also means we could mebbies have a few extra days 😉

Gotta say I’m sooo excited as my mam has never been but since her stroke she seems to be really looking forward to it and I think it’s just what her and my dad need 😀

So far I’ve priced up beach club and I think that would be a good option as if anyone wants a break they could just go for a wonder round Epcot or broadwalk ... I’ve priced direct and looked and virgin prices for this auguest so hopefully a good indication, I’m going to try charter and kenwood though .. VH direct were quiet a bit more.

I just feel really bad as I still have the west coast trip this year but I’m more excited about next years ☺️

Lisa x
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
You won't need to book separate - the free $$ card is per room, so you will get one card per room you book, whether you do so as a single or multiple bookings.

EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List