Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 19, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
We travelled to Miami on the 23rd. Our ESTAS were done back in April with NO middle names. No questions asked at all. Through immigration very quickly.
We travelled to MIA on the 23rd too, via JFK on a Virgin/Delta codeshare, you?

We also had no middle names on some of our ESTAs
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

We are due to travel this friday with no middle names. Hopefully too we will have no issues.
Old 29 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We travelled to MIA on the 23rd too, via JFK on a Virgin/Delta codeshare, you?

We also had no middle names on some of our ESTAs
We were direct from London Heathrow.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We also travelled to Mia from LHR on the 24th, eldest DS had no middle name on his esta but the rest of the family did as they were done at different times, no problems encountered at all. The only time we were asked about having Estas was when we checked in at LHR.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
We are due to travel this friday with no middle names. Hopefully too we will have no issues.
Husband travels to USA for work regularly never had a middle name on his ESTA, never had a problem. We last renews ours in April.
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I think most people have forgot what the point of the thread was. I wasn’t whether you would be turned back due to no middle name( which, as of just now, you won’t of course)

It is that people are incorrectly filling out their ESTA due to not following the instructions contained within. This states that you have to match exactly what is on your passport, and if you have a middle name on your passport you should include it in the first name field as is stated what you open the “?” Button next to the box. It also shows you where to get the names from your passport in the Sample Passport area.
If you choose to ignore these instructions then that’s up to you. Personally I can’t understand the resistance to doing it.
As of now the DHS are not enforcing it but who knows, they may in the future, but I’m pretty sure they would, announce it and any ESTA raised AFTER that date would have to conform.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I think most people have forgot what the point of the thread was. I wasn’t whether you would be turned back due to no middle name( which, as of just now, you won’t of course)

It is that people are incorrectly filling out their ESTA due to not following the instructions contained within. This states that you have to match exactly what is on your passport, and if you have a middle name on your passport you should include it in the first name field as is stated what you open the “?” Button next to the box. It also shows you where to get the names from your passport in the Sample Passport area.
If you choose to ignore these instructions then that’s up to you. Personally I can’t understand the resistance to doing it.
As of now the DHS are not enforcing it but who knows, they may in the future, but I’m pretty sure they would, announce it and any ESTA raised AFTER that date would have to conform.
At the risk of repeating myself I think the confusion has ALSO been to do with whether it was necessary to reapply fir an ESTA which issued prior to and has been accepted by CPB since the requirement to add middle names was introduced.

I am travelling into MCO on Friday on my esta which is still valid (trust me I've checked several times although I accept the final decision is down to the CBP officer.

Like others have said on many occasions to the best of our knowledge no one has yet to be denied entry due to their middle name being missing on their esta despite it being present on their passport.

When I come to apply for my next ESTA I will not hesitate to include my single name (unless in the mean time if have been I have been blacklisted due to crimes against conformity.

I will update on Friday once I have attempted to pass through CBP. If I have been rejected at either LGW or MCO that may affect time.
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I for one didn’t realise I had to put middle names in ( didn’t really read it , just did what I did before ) I did three before I realised. For me it’s not worth the stress of worrying so will be redoing my three but am now worrying if they think it’s strange I am redoing ! It’s been such a horrible year for me since January it will probably just my luck to get pulled up on no middle name so I am not taking the risk .
Old 29 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Well I for one didn’t realise I had to put middle names in ( didn’t really read it , just did what I did before ) I did three before I realised. For me it’s not worth the stress of worrying so will be redoing my three but am now worrying if they think it’s strange I am redoing ! It’s been such a horrible year for me since January it will probably just my luck to get pulled up on no middle name so I am not taking the risk .
Snap - I didn't put middle name in - it didn't ask - so won't be changing or worrying
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Snap - I didn't put middle name in - it didn't ask - so won't be changing or worrying
If you applied for ESTA within the past year the updated application form requests names as per the bottom of your pp photo page. There's a large 'sample pp' diagram that applicants either don't read, or disregard, coupled with text therein outlining how the US require name completion.

To date DHS/CBP have not enforced their update, until they do the consensus is travellers shouldn't face name issues.