Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 2 Seaworld Sun 5th May 2019

Today was pre-wedding day and my last day as a Miss! The plan was to go to Seaworld, do the rides first thing, hit the Seven Seas Food Festival early, see the animals in the afternoon and then have our pre-wedding dinner at Tiffins. Today didnt go to plan at all but we didnt mind and we still had a really amazing day.

Neither of us drive so we factored into our savings the cost of Ubers for offsite visits and also any ADRs at other Disney resort hotels (i knew we would need a couple of hours to get ready in the evening and i didnt want to waste park time by taking two buses to dinner). I think we spent about $400 on Uber in total but the individual journeys were really cheap compared to Mears when i have been in the past and for us the convenience made the cost worth it. Anyway back to the story, we booked an Uber to Seaworld and we had the best driver ever. He was in a rock band that toured the country and also worked as a roadie for some quite famous metal bands such as ZZ Top and Trivium. Brett loves heavy metal and has been to Download in the past so he absolutely loved chatting with this guy.

We got to Seaworld for park opening and the park was dead, all the queue times were 5 minutes. Brett wasnt feeling the big coasters and in hindsight Seaworld wasnt the best choice for his first theme park as everything is so intense. He said he was happy to wait for me and so i did them alone as the queues were so short. He asked what the Antartica ride was like so i explained it to him and he said he would give that a go. We went for the spinning version and he absolutely loved it.

We still had an hour or so to kill before the food festival opened so we checked out Sesame Street. This is a really cute area and very well themed for the young kids. We took some pictures and played with the funny sound effects before meeting Elmo and Cookie Monster, which was so much fun.

The food festival opened and we bought a 15 punch lanyard for $70, we were only charged $60 as it was the last day and they couldnt guarantee every booth would have the full menu. The festival is bigger than Epcot and you can use your credits for a sample of the beers, wines or cocktails as well as food. The portions are also bigger than Epcot.

We started with Mexico as it was Cinco de Mayo that day and had Tinga De Res Taco (beef taco). It was really good.

Next we went to the American Market and got the Buffalo Meatloaf Slider. A really decent size and delicious. I told Brett we needed to get plenty of cocktails as the food was going to be too filling when we had Tiffins at 8.00pm.

We headed to the North Atlantic Market and used three credits on a New England Lobster Roll, Poutine and a cocktail called Riptide (Spiced Rum, Amaretto, Blue Curacao and Apple Juice). The poutine was huge and so tasty, there was plenty of lobster in the roll and the cocktail was gorgeous. We loved this booth.

Next was the German Market and we got the Pretzel wrapped Bratwurst and Frozen Chocolate Cake cocktail (Chocolate, Caramel Vodka, Rum and Chocolate almond milk). I didnt get a look in with the drink and Brett didnt get near the pretzel so we were both happy!

And then the heavens opened and a really terrible storm hit the area, which was to last for a couple of hours. All the rides and booths closed, there was literally nothing to do! I had a mini sulk waiting for the rain to stop and posted a comment in the May Dibb Social Group about how poor the weather was. Luckily this was the only bad weather we had the whole time, we had one other afternoon of rain later in the trip but thats it! Two small periods of rain in nearly three weeks, we were so lucky with the weather.

When the booths finally re-opened it was late in the afternoon and we still had half of our lanyard left to use. We made the decision to cancel Tiffins and finish the food festival and Seaworld experience. We were paying for one signature out of pocket so, even though we paid $20 cancellation fee, we actually put $150 back in the spends pot by cancelling. We considered rebooking for the day we were at Volcano Bay but decided that would be a good opportunity to sample some of the QS offerings at Disney Springs.

Cracking on with using our lanyard we visited the Polynesian booth and got the Lumpia (pork and pineapple spring roll) and frozen Pina Colada. We also got a frozen Mimosa from the brewery. All were delicious and we were happy to be able to carry on with the day.

We joined the biggest queue of the entire day (roughly 25 minutes) at the Brazilian Market and got Picanha Steak, Pao de Queijo (cheese bread) and frozen Caipirinha. This was the best booth of the day and worth the longer wait. Absolutely beautiful.

It was time for something sweet so we headed to the Sweet Market and sampled the Donut Icecream Sandwich with Oreos. This was really sickly but so good.

We decided we were done with food now and used the last credit on a drink at the Rum stand- a Caribeno (rum, coconut water and lime). It was awful so we bought a full size Mojito to share which was much better.

With the 15 punch lanyard finally finished, we headed round to the Dolphin nursery and watched them play for a bit. Brett sat down to watch them in the underwater tank as they didnt seem to want to come to the surface.

We had a look at the shark encounter and the rays by Mako

It was now early evening and the park was empty and the weather was gorgeous. We walked along the bridge by the entertainment stadium and watched Earth Wind and Fire. It was so lovely as there was nobody else in that area and we had a little dance to September. I am very lucky that Brett is such a romantic.

We headed out around 7.30pm and booked an Uber. We had another great driver who told us he grabbed our job on his way home to Tampa. We commented he had a cool car and he said he was technically an executive Uber driver so we had got lucky. He was originally from Cuba but the love of his life is from Florida so he moved, but he still has to have a Cuban cigar and single malt whiskey on his porch. He asked if we knew Wayne Rooney and we said yes, and he said he picked him up once when he first moved to the US to play here and he was taking a young lady to a hotel. We laughed and said that didnt surprise us in the slightest as he is always in the press for cheating on his wife and Brett joked that if he had taken pictures and called the English newspapers he would have made a fortune!

We got back to AKL and had a nice chilled evening looking round the hotel.

Tommorow was the big day!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies

Edited at 01:37 AM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lorimac
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving your report! Looking forward to reading about your big day!
Old 26 May 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Shame about the rain changing your plans, but it seems the food at the Seaworld festival was great fun. The rides at Seaworld are a bit intimidating, I'm not sure I opened my eyes at all on Mako!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day, fantastic photos, loved seeing Sesame Street at SeaWorld (a childhood favourite) thanks for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
caramelapple
Excited about Disney

What a fantastic day you had. Food looked lovely. Loving your trip report.
December 2009 - Cane Island
April 2010 - Villa on Windsor Hills
caramelapple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lorimac View Post
Loving your report! Looking forward to reading about your big day!
Thank you, i may have to come back to the wedding as we dont have our pictures back yet

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Shame about the rain changing your plans, but it seems the food at the Seaworld festival was great fun. The rides at Seaworld are a bit intimidating, I'm not sure I opened my eyes at all on Mako!
We really enjoyed the Seaworld festival, its good that you can use credits to sample the cocktails, Epcot were charging anything from $8-$11 for cocktails at Flower and Garden

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Lovely day, fantastic photos, loved seeing Sesame Street at SeaWorld (a childhood favourite) thanks for sharing.
Sesame street is really cute, its very interactive as well! There was only Cookie and Elmo out when we went but i believe you can meet Big Bird, Abbie and Oscar too. It is a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by caramelapple View Post
What a fantastic day you had. Food looked lovely. Loving your trip report.
Thank you, the food was delicious i am glad we managed to see the festival

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 26 May 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
The food made up for the storm

2025- Seville

Old 26 May 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving your trip report. I'm so excited to hear about your big day!

It's a shame people weren't fully supportive of your relationship in the beginning because you sound like you were made for eachother. Wishing you both a happy ever after xxx
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

What a fab day. Lovin’ your dedication to the cocktail cause 🍹
There are no words for that donut ice cream sandwich...drool...
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List