Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 12 Weds 15th May HS and YS

Today was our first visit to Hollywood Studios and we headed over at 7.45am to get a head start on Toy Story Land. We had a fastpass for Slinky Dog but wanted to try do the other two rides with minimal wait. We were near the front but the queue down the main boulevard was crazy even at 8.30am. When they finally let us in we headed straight to Toy Story Mania which was only a 10 minute wait. We both really enjoyed this but our scores werent amazing, i think i won though! We then headed over to Alien Swirling Saucers which was posting a 10 minute wait but i would say it was more like 20 minutes. This was a lot of fun too.

We decided to grab a quick bite at Woodys Lunch Box and chose to share the Turkey Breakfast Sandwich and Chocolate- Hazelnut Pop Tart. I was going to mobile ordering as normal but there was nobody in line so the server called me over and said it would be quicker for her to do it. I ordered a Mystic Portal Punch as the server told me they dont serve alcohol until the lunch menu is active. On the next visit we found out this isnt true and i am still gutted i missed out having the Grown Up Lemonade twice as it is delicious. I got Brett an iced coffee too. The food was really good, the bread was like french toast, and one sandwich is more than enough for two to share for breakfast. The pop tart was also lovely. We werent a massive fan of the punch- Grown Up Lemonade would have been much better!

We took some photos around Toy Story Land and i have to say this is really well themed. My only criticism is it feels a bit cramped and should have been a little bigger. We wanted to get pictures with the characters as we had Toy Story/ Marvel mash-up tshirts on but the queues were an hour each. We watched the Green Army Men play the drums then it was soon time for Slinky Dog. This is a really good coaster, not too fast but not too tame. We really loved it, the ending is really cute with Wheezy singing.

We headed out of Toy Story Land and over to Municiberg to catch the new Incredibles show. This is probably Brett's favourite pixar film so he was hoping to see the characters but unfortunately they are just in the show and roaming round and dont do a meet and greet for pictures. The show was ok, it is heavily aimed at parents and children so we didnt watch it all but the start is fun when they throw the inflatables out.

We had pictures with the two photopass photographers.

Edna Mode was only 20 minutes wait so we had to meet her as she is amazing. This was one of the best meet and greets we had, she was awesome! Brett asked if she could make him a superhero suit and she made the phone gesture so he said he would get his people to call her people.

It was time for my favourite ride, Tower of Terror. It was just as amazing as i remember and we got a really intense combination on the lift, taking us from the bottom straight to the top and all the way back down more than once. Brett loved it but it was more intense than he expected it be. I was sad to see they no longer have TOT Stitch on the counter as i wanted to get a picture next to my tattoo.

We headed over to Star Tours but it was 35 minutes so we went to see Olaf instead. I asked him if he gave warm hugs and he did! Brett loves Frozen so i was glad we managed to see Olaf and we would hopefully catch Anna and Elsa at Epcot.

We went to see MuppetVision 3D which is another favourite of mine- it is cheesy and corny but i think that's the appeal. Brett thought it was fun too. It was almost time for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show so we called in PizzaRizzo for a quick bite to eat. We shared Meat Lovers Pizza, a Cannoli and a Frozen Italian Margarita. The pizza and margarita was really delicious and i wish we had got two. I have never tried a Cannoli before and wont be in a rush to again, i didnt get it at all, the biscuit was dry and the filling wasnt as sweet as i was expecting.

We watched Indiana Jones and the weather was great so nothing got cancelled. It was amazing and Brett really loved it too. I forgot about the twist with the planted stuntman in the volunteers so it was like seeing it again for the first time. Still thinking about the pizza, we decided to split another QS meal and went to Backlot Express for the Strawberry glazed Chicken and Biscuits with a Strawberry Daiquiri. The drink was lovely and refreshing but i wasnt a fan of the food- Brett thought it was good though.

We headed over to Toy Story Land to see the characters but the queues were still manic so we gave it a miss.

We wandered over to the Star Wars Launch Bay and saw the characters were 5 minute wait so we went inside. I dont know much about Star Wars but Kylo Ren was hilarious. Him and Brett stared each other out and Kylo Ren said he would recruit him.

Next was Chewbacca and he was also great fun- i loved how he made the Chewy noise. He gave Brett a hug and it looked like they had a proper bromance going on. I am guessing the wait times will be much longer after August so i'm glad we got to see them. We decided to give BB8 a miss as the queue suddenly shot upto 25 minutes and we had to get ready for dinner.

Tonight we were at Yachtsman Steakhouse and we were really excited to be back at the Yacht Club, a place that now holds many special memories for us. We checked in and had a ten minute wait for our table. Once we were seated we were given special souvenir menus that said Congratulations on them. To start we ordered cocktails, White Sangria for me and Bahama Mama for Brett. This was brought out with the best bread on Disney property- the onion bread and roasted garlic. I could have eaten another batch of this but knew we needed to save room for the steak- it really is the most delicious bread.

For our entrees, Brett ordered medium rare 14oz New York Prime Strip with Peppercorn sauce and Sweet Potatoe Casserole. This was cooked and seasoned perfectly and the cut of meat was so tender. He also got a side of Creamed Spinach as this is his favourite and he loved it- the portion was huge though so he took some home. I think Brett declared this was his favourite meal of the honeymoon overall. I ordered the 8oz Filet Mignon rare with Red Cabarnet sauce and House Fries. I am obsessed with chips and fries back home- not bog standard takeaway or fast food ones but "posh" ones as we jokingly call them, anything from triple cooked to truffle to sea salt and pepper. We always judge a resteraunt on how well they cook their chips and Yachtsman passed with flying colours, they were delicious! My steak was also amazing and the knife just glided through it, but i wanted to leave room for dessert so got half boxed up with Bretts sweet potatoe and creamed spinach.

For dessert i had my favourtie Creme Brulee but this one was made with a white chocolate base and it was to die for- possibly the best one i have ever had. Brett had the Smores Sundae, which again was delicious. We also had another cocktail each- Long Island Iced Tea for Brett and a Paloma for me. Our server again brought us a glass of champagne.

Jiko holds a special place in our hearts as our wedding meal and we want to return to try the desserts, but Yachtsman was probably our favourite place to eat overall. The atmosphere, the steak, the bread, it was all just wonderful. We headed back to Animal Kingdom Lodge ready for an early night as we had another long day at Universal tommorow and a little belated treat for Brett's birthday.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That steak 😋
You are eating and drinking some great food & drink and having a lovely time 🙂
Enjoying your report
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day
The steaks look lovely
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Creme brulee is my favourite, that one sounds amazing 😋
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
That steak 😋
You are eating and drinking some great food & drink and having a lovely time 🙂
Enjoying your report
Aw thank you, the food and drink was a big highlight of the honeymoon

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Another lovely day
The steaks look lovely
I usually order fish when we go out but i had a lot of steak on honeymoon and Yachtsman was definitely the best

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Creme brulee is my favourite, that one sounds amazing 😋
It was so good, even better than the famous maple one at le cellier

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day and another brilliant evening meal

Joan
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Great day. Looking forward to reading more. And the food report too!😋
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day and another brilliant evening meal

Joan
Thank you, i think yachtsman is our favourite

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Great day. Looking forward to reading more. And the food report too!😋
Thank you very much

2021- London

Old 4 Jun 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you had another fantastic day, and your dinner looks Lovely!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Sounds like you had another fantastic day, and your dinner looks Lovely!
Thank you, Yachtsman really was delicious

2021- London