Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 14 Fri 17th May- Epcot

Today was our second trip to Epcot and the plan was to hammer some of our huge stack of snack credits at the Flower and Garden Festival. It was also Violet Lemonade day in our special festival tshirts. We also had a fastpass for Frozen Ever After for the first time ever (or should that be in forever). We took things at a slightly slower pass this morning and didnt bother with a ride at rope drop. First we had some pictures under Spaceship Earth.

The photographer was brilliant and gave me fairy wings, he asked if Brett wanted them too and he said "my wife calls me princess, might as well make me a fairy princess" I love this picture.

We then headed over to Starbucks for Brett to pick up a Caramel Frappuccino. He resisted ordering the biggest one even though you could get it as a snack credit.

We walked to Club Cool so Brett could sample the Beverley. We tried the nicer flavours first including Bretts favourite drink from back home, Sparletta- this is listed as from Zimbabwe not South Africa at Club Cool, he has never heard of the Bibo that they claim is from South Africa. He drank the Beverley and claimed it was ok, until the after taste kicked in. I think the picture best sums up his reaction to that.

We rode Spaceship Earth, sad that we would never see it in this form ever again, before deciding that we would give Mission Space a miss as i thought it may bring my Voodoo donuts back up from breakfast. We hadnt got round to this ride so it will be a must do on the next trip.

Anna and Elsa meet and greet was showing a 10 minute wait so we headed over to Norway. Our fastpass had just started for Frozen but we thought we should have enough time to meet the princesses first. We had one of the annoying families in front of us who thought they were the only ones in line. They were even testing the cast members patience with their behaviour. They took so long i think it took time away from our meet as we were rushed through. It was still fun and we got some good photos- Anna was happy to hear we had cake and used her song to cut it to.

We went next door to ride Frozen and it was literally amazing. I felt a little emotional as they played one of our wedding songs and also because it is Bretts favourite Disney movie. I think the ride picture sums everything up and i am so glad we were on the front to get a good picture for this one.

It was food time now and we decided to start with Canada this time as we had missed a lot of the main booths at the start last time. We went to Trowel and Trellis and sampled the Farmhouse Meatball. It was really good, the meat was a little bit spicy and it worked well with the spinach. I liked the lentil wrap that it came in, it reminded me of a naan bread.

We went to La Isla Fresca and ordered Jamaican Braised Beef. I dont think this gets many good reviews as there was so many in the bin but we loved it. It was a big portion and piping hot. The beef was soft and tender and the rice was delicious.

Next up was Citrus Blossom and the Lobster Tail. I wasnt expecting much from this but it was surprisingly good and a decent amount of meat for a little $7 snack.

Finally it was time for a Violet Lemonade from Pineapple Promonade and it exceeded all expectations. It was refreshing, fruity and so sweet. I expected it to taste of Palma Violets but it was more lemonade flavoured. I really enjoyed it and i can see why it's so popular

I had been desperate to try the Honey Mascarpone Cheesecake from Honey Beestro so we ordered this and the Honey Chicken Tandoori Flatbread. These were both ridiculously good. The flatbread was really sweet and quite a big piece- i let Brett eat most of this but it was really delicious. The cheesecake was to die for, so rich and creamy, i just love Mascarpone cheese. The icecream was orange and honey and it was also beautiful- sweet and tangy at the same time.

I dont know why but we decided to try the Poutine from the Refreshment Port. The portion was huge! We were so full now but couldnt help but continue to eat the whole thing. The gravy and cheese was really hot but that didnt seem to stop us. It was just so good but i did regret eating it afterwards.

We walked to Canada and had a look at the waterfall. This is a really lovely serene area that i have never looked at properly before. We nearly watched O Canada but decided we needed to walk the Poutine off.

Alice was doing a meet and greet with a really short line in the UK so we stopped for a picture. She was awesome and loved my White Rabbit tattoo and said he was always late for important dates. I told her his pocket watch on my tattoo was set to my anniversary with Brett so i couldnt forget that important date.

I'm not sure how we (Brett) still had the room but we went to Fleur De Lys for the Braised Duck Confit. It reminded me of the Jamaican Braised Beef, the meat just fell apart and was so soft.

We went to watch the Voices of Liberty next and i was absolutely blown away by the performance. They did the Old Mcdonald section which was absolutely amazing, they are so clever how they manage to sync this and make it flow smoothly.

Brett was in the mood for icecream so we walked back to Italy for some gelato and got a scoop of Salted Caramel to share. It was a really different flavour, i think the salt was quite strong.

The plan was to head towards Mexico to have a good look at the Coco and Day of The Dead exhibits as i knew Brett would love this pavillion the most. Somehow we managed to end up getting Frushi again.

We also got distracted by the African outpost musical instruments and Brett got drink envy when he saw the frozen coke so we got one of those too.

We finally reached Mexico and Brett loved it as expected. There was no way we could leave without a souvenir skull so we purchased one of the small ornaments from the marketplace. We went on the Donald ride and noted that we needed to eat at the San Angel Inn next time as it looked really romantic.

We carried on walking and got some more photopass pictures.

Our ADR tonight was 7.35pm so we could watch Illuminations but after going to sleep at 1am the previous night, we didnt fancy tackling the buses and crowds. We decided to see if there were any earlier times and headed back to Canada. They told us that the app was live for times and the best thing to do was keep checking that. We headed outside and i refreshed it for a couple of minutes then voila they had a 6.05pm opening. I changed it and asked them to make sure we werent charged for the original reservation.

We had roughly 35 minutes to wait until dinner now so we decided to go and meet the Disney version of Hulk- Wreck it Ralph. We asked what the wait time was and was told 15 minutes. Vanellope was there too and she was really sweet. She saw our badges and gave me hi-fives and a hug. Brett wanted to copy Ralphs smash it pose and they did a double fist bump. We were glad we managed to see these two as we absolutely loved Ralph Breaks The Internet- it is so clever how they relate to social media and Youtube.

I'm not sure how we still had room but it was time for dinner so we walked back to Le Cellier. I was a little nervous as we like to dress up for evening meals (especially signatures) and we hadnt had time to go back to get changed, but very few people were dressed up (i guess because it is in the middle of the theme park.) We were shown to our table and ordered cocktails- Maple Whiskey Ottawa Apple for Brett and Victoria Raspberry for me. Our server brought us the bread i had been waiting all day for- pretzel roll! It was delicious!

We ordered the Chateaubriand to share which was wagyu beef and came with truffled potatoes and bone marrow. It wasnt huge which we were so grateful for but it was delicious. The meat was seasoned and cooked perfectly and it was so soft. The potatoes were very salty but in a good way, i could have eaten more.

We ordered another round of the same cocktails to have with our dessert. This was the next part of the evening i had been waiting for- Maple Creme Brulee. Now this was huge! It was worth the wait and i was gutted i could only eat half of it. The maple was strong but not overpowering. Brett had Pecan Pie and this was also beautiful. A really great meal, i am surprised this place gets so many negative reviews, we loved it and wouldnt hesitate to go back.

It was 7.30pm so we headed out to avoid the crowds tackling the buses home after the fireworks. We had a wander round AKL and the Savannah before going to bed to watch TV at 10.00pm

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Just caught up on your last few posts and yet more fantastic days from fancy food, colourful cocktails to more fantastic character meets, great photos and loved the one's with fairy wingsand spiderman. Looking forward to reading more and thanks for taking the time to share your special days.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Just caught up on your last few posts and yet more fantastic days from fancy food, colourful cocktails to more fantastic character meets, great photos and loved the one's with fairy wingsand spiderman. Looking forward to reading more and thanks for taking the time to share your special days.
Thank you very much, i love the fairy picture too Universal do some amazing cocktails, i think they are allowed to go a bit more off menu than Disney

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day you did well with all that food

Joan
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A brilliant day you did well with all that food

Joan
thank you, we definitely upped our game with food when we realised how many credits we had left

2025- Seville

Old 6 Jun 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That's a lot of fine looking food! Yum, yum, yum
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
That's a lot of fine looking food! Yum, yum, yum
it was amazing, especially Le Cellier

2025- Seville

Old 8 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Some lovely looking food, the steak looks delicious
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Some lovely looking food, the steak looks delicious

It was amazing, we had steak a lot on honeymoon and i would rank this one and yachtsman the best

2025- Seville

Old 14 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’d be gutted not to finish that creme brûlée too! Some fabulous food today, I’m surprised you didn’t need to be rolled back to the hotel. I love the little details about your tattoos, I wish I was brave enough to get one. The frozen ride is good fun I must ask for a front seat next time we ride as every ride photo we have never shows all four of us.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List