Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jun 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 16 & 17 – (9/10.8.18) Going Home

Final day and it’s the long journey home. Again, no notes so I will complete this using google timeline…what a wonderful tool! Apologies there are also minimal photos today. We were sad.

We were up (I imagine!) nice and early, finished off the final bits for packing, stripped the beds and started the washing, cleared the kitchen, had breakfast and a final tidy through of the villa. We absolutely loved this villa. Fantastic space, reasonably priced and a super location for WDW and Championsgate for both Publix and restaurants. Here’s a couple (!) of pictures we took as we were leaving as I don’t think I included any at the beginning of my report.

DD's Bedroom

DS'S Bedroom

Main Bathroom that the children used

Garage to the left as you entered the villa

Laundry room

Living areas

Main Bedroom

En Suite

Pool

We were on the road at 8:54 for the drive to Miami. Dh started off the journey and we stopped about 2 hours in to use the services, although I’m not sure exactly where as that stop isn’t showing up on Google timeline! Loved the services on this road in comparison to the UK as they were in the middle of the Highway so accessible by both sides…super clever! We visited the restrooms in two rounds so as not to leave the car and all our valuables unattended then I hopped into the driver’s seat for the remainder of the drive.

I had absolutely no problem driving over there as the roads are so good and the car we had was fab. Although in saying that, it did get a little more hairy as we arrived in Miami and navigated our way to the airport! We found a gas station just before the airport and I pulled in. DH paid then filled the car. I have no idea how much he put in but I know the cost of fuel was minimal despite the amount of driving we did on the trip. Refuelled we headed towards the airport then followed signs for the car drop off. We arrived at the airport at 1:45, google shows it as 4 hours and 51 minute drive, not including our quick loo break. Car checked we used the monorail to get into the airport. I loved seeing the car parks as we passed, there were hundreds of yellow taxis there. I took a quick shot to what's app to my friend as her little boy would love it!

We checked in and completed bag drop and went through security and headed towards the gate. The offerings of food where we were was abysmal and the choice was either a little deli bar serving sandwiches, crisps and drinks or pizza hut. We went for pizza hut because they had beer! Final beer of the holiday, got to be done! We ordered 2 pizzas (they were tiny!) and a portion of breadsticks as well as 2 bud lights. The children will have had a drink but I don’t remember if we bought those here or at the deli bar. This was hideously expensive. Fairfx shows me the cost of this was $47.45.
Fairfx also tells me whilst in the airport I spent $11.72 in Starbucks (possibly on a Florida mug?), $20.88 on food and $13.90 at newslink (possibly the kids soft drinks?)

Once we’d devoured the food we headed downstairs to the gate (which must have been showing on the screens) and sat here feeling very fat in the same trousers I’d travelled out in and exhausted too.

We boarded and settled in our seats, we had a 4 across the middle of the plane. According to google timeline the flight was 9hr 57, not sure if that is right. We were flying to Heathrow. I think we must have been ready to delve into some WDW popcorn by this point!

On the flight I imagine we ate the food they brought round, watched some films and then slept. Well, I know that DD and I certainly slept but DH and DS watched Batman on the tablet. I also recall later on from that having to tell DS to turn his tablet/film off and get some sleep. He literally had 2 hours all night. From memory the flight/service/staff was fine.

Our flight landed at 7.32am and we were off the plane in a reasonable timeframe.

Passport control was quite busy but the officer there spotted DS’s Disability sunflower lanyard and sent us through the fast pass lane where there was only a lady in a wheelchair in front of us so we were through to transfer to the next terminal quite quickly. Although this took quite some time and I recall looking at my watch and panicking that we weren’t going to get to the correct terminal and go through security in time.

As we were transiting through security DD’s bag was taken for additional checks and when it came out the officer asked whose it was and whether we had any liquids in. I answered no but double checked with DD and she adamantly replied no. Queue a bag inspection where he finds her Minion perfume which we had bought at the outlets. Eeek… they obviously missed that in Miami! That was taken away for a swab then handed back.

Once through security we visited the toilet and went to Starbucks where I can only imagine we picked up a coffee each to help with the tiredness and maybe a bite to eat…oh yes…breakfast was disgusting on the plane. I have just remembered that! I can’t remember what it was but do know I looked at it and pulled my face and didn’t even touch it. We weren’t in Heathrow long and our flight left at 9.38. Google says we were flying for 2hr 4 minutes but I am not sure if that is right? Maybe that’s when I turned my phone back on?

We disembarked in Manchester quite quickly and as we were internal passengers we were quickly to the baggage claim. Once we had our bags we were making our way out but decided to use the toilets before leaving. I went into the toilet with DD (this was tiny, I’m not sure I’ve been through this terminal before whichever one it was) and on my way out a lady stopped me. She asked if I was with the boy sat in front of her with ear defenders on and then told me he’d left his ear defenders on the seat. Oh no! I was grateful that she had told me but I did wonder later why she didn’t pick them up and hand them to staff?

As I came out of the toilet to DH I told him about the conversation with the lady at the same point he told me DS had remembered he’d left his ear defenders behind. At this point he was quite upset and apologised repeatedly (which is something he does often). I went to the desk before customs and explained what had happened and she radioed up to the plane. She got in touch with someone who confirmed they had the ear defenders and would bring them down. We waited a good 10 minutes and in that time our taxi phoned us to check where we were. I asked the lady how long it would be and she said she wasn’t sure. I told her that we’d leave it as we had to go because our taxi was waiting for us. I wasn’t being shirty as it was completely DS’s fault but she was most upset that I was leaving them so I reassured her they weren’t the first pair we needed to replace and they were only £10 off Amazon and we had to go. She was so apologetic. Tbh, if DH had been driving I would have sat and waited but I was conscious that the taxi man would be waiting for us.
We cleared customs and found our taxi driver, played suitcase tetris and piled in. We were home by 12:58. Exhausted but very happy after what had been a fantastic holiday.

Thanks for reading if you got this far and I hope you enjoyed my first WDW trip report, even though it's taken me 11 months to write it! We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back, although we're not sure when that will be as we have a cruise booked for my big birthday this year and we're not sure if we'd do WDW or DLC on our next visit so watch this space...

I'll leave you with a picture of the Starbucks mugs I bought whilst out there (6) added to the ones I already had...
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant report! Looks like such a lovely holiday!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much for reading. Every moment was amazing and I can't wait to go back again!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant report and a fab holiday had by all! Thank you so much for sharing 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Brilliant report and a fab holiday had by all! Thank you so much for sharing 😁
Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment on each day!
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Fantastic report, thank you for sharing! Lots of tips & great pics. Much enjoyed.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List