Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 17 Mon 20th May- HS and CG

Today was our last proper day, we couldn’t believe almost three weeks had gone by but at the same time it felt like we had been there forever. We were very sad to be going home tomorrow night. We headed to Hollywood Studios for the final time arriving just after 9.00am to avoid the Toy Story crowd and went to Trolley Car Café so Brett could grab another Caramel Crunch Frappuccino.

We turned left and headed over to the Sorcerer Mickey and Hollywood Minnie meet and greet which was only posting a 15 minute wait. This was the best meet of all for me as Minnie was just amazing and spent so much time interacting with us. We got around 20 pictures with her. She hugged me so many times and was really excited when she saw our Mickey and Minnie tattoos. I love the picture where she had us making a heart around her.

Sorcerer Mickey was also lots of fun too, he gestured to ask where my tattoo of him was and I said I just had a little Sorcerer Mickey hat to fill in the gaps and he seemed happy with that. He also congratulated us on getting married when he saw our badges.

As we were leaving, Chip and Dale were coming out to do a meet and greet and there was only one family waiting so we got in the line. They were so cheeky, Dale kept trying to take me away from Brett, they were really funny.

We walked over to Star Tours which was posting 10 minute wait but was more like a walk-on. Brett absolutely loved this ride and thought it was really clever- he was sad not to be picked as the Rebel Spy though. We took a slow walk over to Toy Story Land for our Slinky Dog fastpass and saw the Storm Troopers marching through.

Slinky Dog was great as usual and we had a final peek into Galaxys Edge- it really does look like something special and we can’t wait to see it on our next trip.

We went back to Woody’s Lunchbox to split a different breakfast sandwich- the Smores Sandwich with a side of Potato Barrels. We also finally got to try the Grown Up’s Lemonade which was so tasty, Black Cherry Vodka is a new favourite of mine now and even Brett really enjoyed it. The sandwich was gorgeous but nowhere near as much filling as the Smoked Turkey one.

We headed over to Tower of Terror to get some pictures and managed to get a really awesome photographer who was taking her time with every family and trying lots of different poses. She gave us two magic shots- Mickey balloons and me holding Chip. We had the coolest Tower of Terror tshirts on today that I found on redbubble and got so many compliments.

We had some time to kill until our Aerosmith fastpass so we got a Pecan Icecream Cookie sandwich to share. The cookies were so soft and chocolately and the icecream was really sweet- I love caramelised pecans.

Brett wasn’t sure if he fancied Aerosmith- he didn’t mind the launch on The Mummy but he wasn’t keen on the idea of sitting waiting to be launched so I did this one alone. He took some more pictures of Tower of Terror and had a look round the new Cars area- I think he did a Facebook Live video too. I love Rock n Rollercoaster, it is definitely in my top five rides. I always seem to get the same song- Love In An Elevator. The girl next≈to me was from Denver and she was really chatty.

We had a look in the gift shops on Sunset Boulevard before heading round to watch the Star Wars show by the Chinese Theatre. Even as a non-Star Wars fan, this was really good with so many characters and cool special effects. If they have any of these characters as meet and greets in the new land then it will be amazing.

I fancied another cocktail and Brett said he was a bit peckish so we looked on the app and found a good choice of cocktails at Dockside Diner. Brett grabbed a table outside and I went to order. There was a good variety of cocktails here but I went for something Brett would absolutely love- Chocolate Kahlua and Cream Milkshake. To eat I got the Carolina All-Beef Foot-Long Hot Dog. I kept looking at the other cocktails and really fancied the Rum Punch so while I was waiting for the food I went back to the cashier to order this and Loaded Chili-Cheese Nachos. Brett was laughing when I returned with the food and said he was sure he could make a good dent in the Nachos too. The food here was really good and with the cocktails it is a great use of QS credits. The milkshake was amazing, very sickly but really nice.

There was nothing else we wanted to do so we went back to have a dip in the hot tub at AKL before dinner. Tonight we were booked in at 7.45pm at California Grill- the aim was to have finished in time to get a good spot on the viewing platform (or at least have finished our entrees). We got an Uber across to the Contemporary as we would have been pushing it to wait for the Magic Kingdom bus. We checked in and were taken upto the 13th floor- the Manager recognised us from Brunch and started chatting to us, which I thought was a nice touch. We were seated a table away from the window but still had a decen view of the castle. Our server came over and took our drinks order- I picked the Blackberry Sourz that I had had at Brunch and Brett had Midnight Snow which was another creamy concoction. They were both really good. We received the Sour Dough bread service too which was lovely with the olive oil. Our server was a bit scatty though, she managed to spill the water, the oil and a bit of my cocktail too.

We ordered our entrees- Grilled Pork Tenderloin for Brett and Oak-fired Filet of Beef for me. They finally arrived at 8.50pm, the same time as the mass crowd for the fireworks. There goes our perfect view for Happily Ever After. The server hadn’t brought me a steak knife and I was in a rush to see the fireworks so didn’t bother asking for one. We ate our food quickly and this was the first meal that I wasn’t overly excited about- the steak wasn’t as good as Le Cellier or Yachtsman and everything was over salty. We watched Happily Ever After for the last time which was a bit sad and it wasn’t the best view but still magical.

We went back for our desserts- Valrhona Chocolate Cake for Brett and Strawberry Creme Brulee for me. They were both really good but not enough to make me want to rush back- we will 100% be back on the next trip for Brunch as there was a huge difference in service and food compared to dinner. Our server brought us a glass of champagne for our honeymoon- every restaurant had done this (or comped our second round of cocktails) and I think it is a really nice touch.

We got an Uber back to AKL for the last time and overall we had had a good evening- the food wasn’t awful, I think we had just had better elsewhere and the experience probably made us not love the food as much as we wanted to. It was still an amazing end to the most perfect honeymoon for us.

EDITED TO ADD ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS OF THE DAY THAT I MISSED
When we were eating breakfast, we saw a young boy crying on the next table telling his parents he was too scared to go on Slinky Dog. They were amazing and said he didnt have to do it but you could tell the boy really wanted to go on he was just scared. Brett went over to him and knelt down to his level and said he was scared of the ride too but he loved it so much when he went on. He said to the little boy that he would be laughing so much when he was finished and he could tell all his friends about it at school how cool it was. The little boy noticed Bretts tattoos and Brett said to him the Alien on his arm thinks he should give it a go because then he could be as strong as the Hulk on Bretts leg. The little boy was loving it and his dad shook Bretts hand and said thank you so much to him. They headed over to the ride and i hope that the little boy managed to conquer his fear Brett has a heart of gold and i am glad he got to help the little boy in some way with his own experience (because Brett was more than a bit wary of some of these rides at first)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies

Edited at 12:47 PM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve really loved reading all about your days. Such great photos. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Congratulations on your marriage 😍
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
I’ve really loved reading all about your days. Such great photos. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Congratulations on your marriage 😍
Thank you very much, we were lucky to have such a great honeymoon

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame your last evening meal wasn’t great, but a good day on the whole

Joan
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame your last evening meal wasn’t great, but a good day on the whole

Joan
Hollywood Studios made up for it, it wasn't bad meal just not as great as the others

2025- Seville

Old 9 Jun 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds a great day at studios shame your meal came just as the fireworks started!
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Sounds a great day at studios shame your meal came just as the fireworks started!
The characters especially Minnie were so good! Yeah it was a bit disappointing when we booked a 7.45 ADR, i expected to have finished the entrees at least, CG is such a beautiful setting and i would 100% go back for brunch

2025- Seville

Old 13 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab last day despite not loving your meal.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fab last day despite not loving your meal.
it was a fab day at Hollywood Studios it was a shame about the meal, it wasn't bad just not amazing, can't wait to go back to Cali Grill for brunch though

2025- Seville

Old 14 Jun 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Another great day, I could just eat those nachos! It’s a shame the California Grill wasn’t as good as brunch. So many last meals I read about don’t end up being as good, I wonder if we have started to get the blues without even knowing...it’s a shame the fireworks started just as your meal arrived. Great to finish off with some fizz I think it’s been a wonderful honeymoon. I’ve really enjoyed reading along.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List