Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Aer Lingus Schedule Change Notification

We had our flights booked (paid in full):

Mon 28 Oct 2019
Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 16:30
Arrives: Orlando (MCO) 22:15

Mon 18 Nov 2019
Departs: Orlando (MCO) 23:05
Arrives: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 12:05

On 6th June, in the afternoon I received a mail advising of a schedule change to our outbound flight, I had a quick look and could see the change was 1h30m - no problem and probably worked better. So flight became:

Mon 28 Oct 2019
Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 15:00
Arrives: Orlando (MCO) 20:25

Then on 6th June, in the evening I received another mail advising of a schedule change to our return flight

Tue 19 Nov 2019
Orlando (MCO) 21:15
Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:15

On an initial glance on my phone and after receiving the notification earlier regarding the outbound flight I looked at the times and thought, ok that flight has also been brought forward a couple of hours, again times were bit better for us so thought no more of it.

I then happened to look on my calendar on my iPhone and as the entries were updating automatically my calendar was showing my hotel stay to be shorter than the flight entry!

So it seems, upon reading the schedule change properly, Aer Lingus have actually moved the return flight to 21.15 the next day!

This means I need to organise and cover costs for:
  • Additional nights accommodation
  • Additional days car rental
  • Additional days buggy rental
  • Additional days food and entertainment costs.

From a quick look online there doesn't seem to be any legal right for compensation.

Has anyone any experience on this?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimplyDisney View Post
We had our flights booked (paid in full):

Mon 28 Oct 2019
Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 16:30
Arrives: Orlando (MCO) 22:15

Mon 18 Nov 2019
Departs: Orlando (MCO) 23:05
Arrives: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 12:05

On 6th June, in the afternoon I received a mail advising of a schedule change to our outbound flight, I had a quick look and could see the change was 1h30m - no problem and probably worked better. So flight became:

Mon 28 Oct 2019
Departs: Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 15:00
Arrives: Orlando (MCO) 20:25

Then on 6th June, in the evening I received another mail advising of a schedule change to our return flight

Tue 19 Nov 2019
Orlando (MCO) 21:15
Dublin-Terminal 2 (DUB) 10:15

On an initial glance on my phone and after receiving the notification earlier regarding the outbound flight I looked at the times and thought, ok that flight has also been brought forward a couple of hours, again times were bit better for us so thought no more of it.

I then happened to look on my calendar on my iPhone and as the entries were updating automatically my calendar was showing my hotel stay to be shorter than the flight entry!

So it seems, upon reading the schedule change properly, Aer Lingus have actually moved the return flight to 21.15 the next day!

This means I need to organise and cover costs for:
  • Additional nights accommodation
  • Additional days car rental
  • Additional days buggy rental
  • Additional days food and entertainment costs.

From a quick look online there doesn't seem to be any legal right for compensation.

Has anyone any experience on this?
I believe that you can also cancel your booking and get your money back.

Is your booking direct with AL? If so, then call them and see what they say and can do to help. Od if not, contact your booking agent as AL wont and cant help you directly.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

It's direct with Aer Lingus - they have advised they can cancel or change dates without cost but no compensation option.

They have also said it might change back again!?

Quite difficult to commit to adding another night when they are telling me it could go back again!
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

I suspect they are dropping back to 3 flights per week for the winter. forthem that's usually Tues, Thurs, Sat
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

That's bonkers - surely they can't move the flight by a whole day? We're going with Norwegian in August, booked in Jan and they e-mailed me in Feb to say the outbound flight had been put back by 90 mins. I can live with that, but 24 hours would have hacked me off. They must realize you will have accommodation and hire cars etc. booked based on the original dates.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I didn’t know that AL even did direct flights to MCO on Mondays.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Aer Lingus are very helpful over the phone, give them a ring and see what they can do..
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I didn’t know that AL even did direct flights to MCO on Mondays.
We flew last year, Monday 13th August Dub-Mco.

I believe it only flies Mondays in peak season, the rest of the time it goes back to the usual Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.

I would ring them to see what they can do.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traleegirl View Post
Aer Lingus are very helpful over the phone, give them a ring and see what they can do..
Is there a number to ring from the UK (I can’t seem to find one) and don’t want to incur costs! I have put complaints in that they are basically ignoring!
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

There is a big difference between August flights and low season=on October flights
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List