Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early-I’m quite old too you know!

Today we slept until 8.08. we were not in a massive hurry today as we were going to the Premium Outlets on Vineland Road and they don’t open until 10.

We got showered and changed and went to The Mara for breakfast. I had the Bounty Platter; Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Pap (Grits) with Chakalaka (African Salsa) and a Mickey-shaped Waffle.

Mum had the Croissant Breakfast Sandwich; Croissant Sandwich filled with your choice of Bacon or Sausage completed with Scrambled Eggs and American Cheese served with Breakfast Potatoes.

We were supposed to be having a Jungle Juice Slushy; frozen blend of Passion, Orange and Guava Juices with vodka, but I sent mum for the drinks while I waited for the food and she missed the slush bit out, you had one job!

It was all very nice anyway, although mum thought they were a bit tight with the vodka.

We had bit of a kerfuffle trying to get a taxi through both the Lyft and Uber apps, but eventually we got it working. The Uber turned up quickly and took twenty minutes to get to Vineland Road. It seems to take twenty minutes to get everywhere from Animal Kingdom Lodge except Animal Kingdom of course!

We were ready to shop until we dropped but could not believe the queue outside Character Warehouse waiting for it to open and the resulting mad dash for the handbags. There were clearly a few sellers in there by the look of their baskets and the general sweeping of shelves!

Mum was clinging to a Mary Poppins Dooney and Burke for dear life while I filled my basket with Danielle Nicole’s! A lady asked mum to hold onto a Dooney for her as she couldn’t bend down as she was too old. Mum is very placid but told her in no uncertain terms that she is quite old too!

Eventually the bags were detagged and held behind the counter and mum was free to roam herself.

After spending a small fortune in Character Warehouse, we separated, we still loved each other, we just wanted different things in life!

Mum went off to Kipling while I went to Kate Spade where I wasn’t buying anything...who am I kidding!​

Weighed down by bags, we met back up and headed to Starbucks to borrow their WIFI to order an Uber back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Again, it arrived quickly and took twenty minutes to get home.

Back at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we unpacked our bargains and packed them away in our suitcases before going for a wander and heading to the bus stop on route to Hollywood Studios.

We had some Photo pass pictures taken and sat and had a drink of water before our Fastpass opened for Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage which was lovely as always.

We then went to our reservation at Hollywood and Vine for Minnie’s Springtime Dine.

We both ordered Magical Stars today!

Mum ate Salad, Beef, Bread, Macaroni Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Melon, Lemon Blueberry Verrine, Passionfruit Cheesecake, Strawberry Chocolate Cupcake, Mini Fruit Tart, Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Shortcake Verrine.

I ate Sweetcorn, Beef, Mussels, Green Beans, Macaroni Cheese, Fried Shrimps, Meatballs, Corndogs, Tater Tots, Pink Sugar Cookies, Passionfruit Cheesecake, Raspberry Cream Puff, Almond Orange Blondie, Lemon Blueberry Verrine and Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream.

The character interaction here was amazing, but Goofy was something else!

Daisy was the only character who had a Photo pass photographer.

After dinner, we went to meet Olaf for some warm hugs.

Then it was time for our one and only ride on Slinky Dog Dash, this is so much better than the Paris version!

We had a sit down and a look in the shops before our last ride on Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Only one lift was working, so standby was 85 minutes, thank goodness for Fastpass.

I went on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, mum did not! I did get her on it in Paris, but she swore never again! I lost my birthday badge, I always lose something on this ride.

Then it was time for Fantasmic, which I’m sure has changed since our last visit.

We only waited a few minutes for the bus and we met a lovely military chap back to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

When we got back I visited the concierge and told them Aerosmith had stolen my badge and they gave me a new one.
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I agree about AKL feeling far away from everywhere, we felt the same when we were at CSR, we are at All Stars this year and bracing ourselves for long journey’s again. We were at CBR last year and it was so close to everywhere, we’ll miss that.

We’ve been to the Halloween and Christmas meals at Hollywood & Vine but their spring outfits are adorable. I love the food there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We love AKL but does take time to get to everywhere ( bar AK) would love to see your purchases 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

You got loads done in HS after your shopping and great photos. Slinky looks great hope I can get a FP for October.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Fab day..I love Danielle Nicole bag!
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I agree about AKL feeling far away from everywhere, we felt the same when we were at CSR, we are at All Stars this year and bracing ourselves for long journey’s again. We were at CBR last year and it was so close to everywhere, we’ll miss that.

We’ve been to the Halloween and Christmas meals at Hollywood & Vine but their spring outfits are adorable. I love the food there.
We’ve done summer and spring now at Hollywood and Vine. We love the food as well even though it doesn’t always get the best reviews
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
We love AKL but does take time to get to everywhere ( bar AK) would love to see your purchases 😊
I’ll pop some pictures up later
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
You got loads done in HS after your shopping and great photos. Slinky looks great hope I can get a FP for October.
It was really good, I can see why people queue for it, hopefully once Galaxy’s Edge opens, it will calm down
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Fab day..I love Danielle Nicole bag!
I don’t know when I’m going to use them all, but you don’t think about that in the heat of the moment!
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Belated handbag pictures!

These are mum’s

And these are mine