Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 10, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
New Dining Room At Victoria and Albert's.

inline image
True Disney foodies know you haven’t arrived until you’ve dined at the crème de la crème of restaurants – Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. But now the top-rated dining room has a new “must do”: the gorgeous Queen Victoria’s Room.

Queen Victoria’s Room is behind closed doors just off the main dining room. With just four tables, restaurant manager Israel Perez promises attention to your every whim.

They’ve brought back French gueridon service – a gueridon is a fancy rolling cart that goes from table to table for customized service and “wow” factor – a flourish of Himalayan sea salt atop your filet, a decadent wine sauce or a lavish display of cheese, for instance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vicalbs (200 x 121).jpg
Views:	64046
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	20272  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Anyone who’s tasted Chef Scott Hunnel’s exquisite creations knows this is a memorable affair. How often do you savor perfectly seared Kurobuta pork tenderloin and belly, or butter-poached lobster with bisque and lobster roe foam? And vegans and vegetarians are Hunnel’s favorite challenge. The sommelier happily will pair something delicious with each of the 10 courses. Yes, 10 courses, but they’re small. Still, plan on three to four hours of leisurely dining.

It’s worth the price of a baby-sitter – no kids under 10 are allowed in the dining room, so you’re guaranteed an evening of blissful quiet. Be advised, men must wear jackets (tie optional) for this formal affair.

You’ll float out the door with a long-stemmed rose for women and personalized menus for everyone to carry home. Cost for Queen Victoria’s Room is $200 per person, plus $95 for wine pairings. The restaurant has its own reservation line, 407/939-3862.

Reservations for Queen Victoria’s Room are being accepted now for this special dining experience starting Feb. 5, 2010. There is just one seating nightly.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
which number would we ring from the UK, i have a friend who may like to dine here... thank you.

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NicolaFred View Post
which number would we ring from the UK, i have a friend who may like to dine here... thank you.
Just add 001 in front of the 407 939-3862!

I sounds yummy! I think I will have to take DH into it for our no kids trip in July 2011!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

As a pastry chef I am going to try V&A when we get out there, but this has made me want to do the Victoria room.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Some more info on it.

It will have the same menu as Chef's Table. Here's a specimen.

For contrast, here's a specimen of the main dining room menu.

Given that the main dining menu is really so very very good, I don't really think it worth upgrading to the $200 menu - $75 base increase before service is big. Off-setting that, there are no extras to pay for unlike on the main menu.

The main dining room menu is 6 courses + amuse bouche + coffee + petit fours. Wine pairings = 5 glasses at $60.

The QVR/CT menu is smaller tasting 10 courses + amuse bouche + coffee + petit fours. Wine pairings = 8 glasses at $95.

I have to say I am more tempted by the idea of the Queen Victoria Room than I ever was by the idea of the Chef's Table.

ALSO, I recall (but can't find anywhere to check) that whilst you could use a Tables in Wonderland Card for a 20% discount in the main dining room, that you couldn't use it at Chef's Table? If that is the case, presumably you can't use it at the QVR either?

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 10, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Just add 001 in front of the 407 939-3862!
Better still, add 0844 605 0666 at the front, then dial 001 407 939 3862 when prompted and your call will only cost 1p per minute.

The full number you dial would be:-

0844 605 0666 (wait for prompt) 001 407 939 3862.

The 0844 number is from Planet Numbers and offers:-
  • Ultra cheap international calls to the USA from your landline, mobile ... or phone box
  • Only 1p a minute to call USA - any time, any day
  • Save 14p a minute compared to BT
  • No fee or registration

See here for details.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 10, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
LOVE the sound of this, having dined in V & A a couple of times A new place to save up for then... or maybe a win on the lottery!
Old 24 Jan 10, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mandy_mccormac
Imagineer

i would love to try this but my hubbie would need to go and buy a jacket as he doesnt have one
Old 24 Jan 10, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you really want to go they lend men a navy blue jacket if they turn up without one!
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
queen victoria’s room, victoria and albert's