Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jun 13, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

BEST TRIPPIE EVER! Every single instalment is like sitting down to read a good book!...So much detail,so many pictures, so many thoughts and feelings. FANTASTIC
Thank you so very much Kate for taking the time to write and share your amazing holiday with us all.
Iam very much looking forward to reading your new pre trippie and hearing all about your new plans...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Well hello Kate

Yay! You did it! Well done for getting to the end of your report. What a lovely surprise this morning, I feel like I've just experienced the last day of your trip while enjoying my mid-morning cuppa And what a fab morning you all had in Magic Kingdom

It's my favourite of all your reports, you've captured the emotions of the last day perfectly and I was welling up when you were leaving MK and shed a tear or two when the girls released their balloons

I sobbed uncontrollably all the way from the Yacht Club to MCO if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure we're not in the minority on here

It is so hard to leave, as you say, it's that quality time that you just don't get at home with all the rushing around, and our girls are growing up so quickly in front of our eyes

You're right, time is precious so why wouldn't you do all you can to return to Florida as often as possible while your children are still children? I think you should go again this summer in fact Knowing that you're heading back in a few weeks stopped me from feeling too miserable reading about your last day and means I can add in some of my usual mundane comments

I would have made the same error with the location of the Tremaines meet and greet Glad you had a fab experience with them

Thanks for the info about the new Storybook Circus meet and greets. Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy look great in their circus gear. In fact my parents came back last week and had brought Seren a Minnie pin and she is wearing that outfit. Seren was most perturbed that she hadn't seen the outfit before and wanted to know what it was. My response of 'oh, it's just a pretty dress' didn't seem to satisfy her, so now I can give her the proper explanation so thank you

I loved dole whip when I was young but last year I too found it too sweet, I guess my tastes have changed as I've grown up. Next time I'm going to try vanilla ice cream with the pineapple juice, and definitely grab some fresh pineapple too if they still sell it

Jungle Cruise the movie with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen - fantastic I too felt we overcompensated on our cruise as no one else was laughing at the skipper's jokes - come on, lighten up people, you're in the Magic Kingdom!

Love the photos today too, especially the Liberty Belle ones, the Minnie ones (the 'just before' shot is excellent), the one of you all at the end with the pumpkins and I love your photo journey at the end of your holiday. Love them all basically

I'm with you on premium economy. Having flown back last year and this year from New York PE I couldn't do the overnight return flight in economy now. Glad your flight was as comfortable and enjoyable as it could be, and that you all got over the jet-lag pretty smoothly

Can't wat to read the final part...and then it's onto the pre-trip

Take care and have a good week sweetie

Love Michelle x
Phew! I almost feel like taking a bow after that epic marathon of a post this morning!

Aww Michelle you always say the kindest things and leave the sweetest comments, thank you so much! Do you know what, I think I may just take you up on that suggestion and book for this summer!

The Storybook Circus meet and greets were lovely, it was so colourful and bright and new in there, I think we'll definitely be heading back to meet the others in August. We were watching some of our video footage just the other day and I'd forgotten just how sparkly Minnie's outfit was, the photos really don't do it justice, so I think your girls will adore meeting them!

Haha that photo of the four of us at the end is dreadful and wasn't even taken on the last morning! It was from our first day in MK and was on our way out when we were all pooped, hot and sweaty with the sun in our eyes! Its just I realised that I hadn't included one of the four of us in today's post and was searching for one that I hadn't included before, I'd then looked through so many photos and, after having spent the best part of the morning loading my post on to the dibb, I just thought that one would have to do!

It's terrible isn't it, experiencing a flight in PE makes you never want to fly Economy again! Cliff rues the day that I found those bargain flights on Virgin!

Anyway, I'm just ploughing my way through my replies, then I shall hopefully get my PTR started very soon!

Thank you again for all of your lovely comments Michelle!

Kate xxx
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
WOW Kate I just love, love, love your reports, and thank you so much for 'waffling' at the end about the PE experience as we are in PE on our return flight for the first time as when I booked our flights it was only an extra £30 to upgrade to PE! I couldn't quite believe it and thought I was going to receive an email after booking stating there had been a mistake but no I guess we just got lucky, so like you even though I know I will be emotional at coming home it will be a nice thought to have PE to look forward to.

Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday with your lovely family
Hi Claire

Hehe well it's nice to know my flight waffling was appreciated!

Oh my gosh, £30 to upgrade to PE?! That's fantastic! And there was me thinking we'd got a gat deal! well, I think for that price you'll enjoy it regardless! Seriously though, it was a lovely treat for us, and did help ease the pain of leaving behind WDW, so I do hope you have as enjoyable a return flight as we did!

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Kate xx
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by littlejem1 View Post
Thank-you very much Kate for sharing your family holiday with us, although your last day was very emotional to you I think quite a few people on here will be saying oh thank goodness I am not the only one. Thanks once again I look forward to your next trip report if you decide to share this with us again. xx
Hi June

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who gets emotional leaving behind Disney!

Thank you for reading along and for your lovely comments along the way!

Kate xx

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, I have loved reading your report.

I missed the bit in your pre-trippy about upgrading (unless I just forgot! ), I am now going to have to see what it would be for us to do this!

I got upset on your behalf, the last day really is awful.

Looking forward to your new pre-trippy now!

Lisa xx
Hi Lisa

Haha my pre-trippy was so long ago that even if you did read it, it probably has escaped your memory by ow!

Hope I didn't upset you too much, I've cheered myself up in the interim by booking another cheeky trip as I think you may have heard!

Thank you for your kind comments! xx
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Fantastic read once again Kate. Looking forward to reading all about your next trip.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Hi Kate ,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday with us
I think that it is possibly the best last day I have read , full of special moments making the most of the time you had !
The moment that horn sounds at rope drop is always the moment that gets me and I can not help but get all emotional . Those photos of just the girls in the empty frontier land are just fabulous
The candid photo pass pictures are always a lovely little surprise when you get home and really add that extra bit of magic , they got one of me on our last trip as I was lining up to meet minnie. It is not a pretty picture by any stretch but really caught my emotions just perfectly
Thank you so much for sharing your experience of PE only problem is I might just HAVE to look in to it for our trip haha !
Thank you again for sharing and I am already looking forward to hearing all about your next trip .. not long now !
Lauren xx
Hello Lauren!

Oh what a lovely thing to say, thank you!

It was certainly the best last day that I could have hoped for and I think we got as much out of our morning that we could in the time that we had.

That rope drop's a killer with the old emotions isn't it? Disney really know how to pull on your heart strings don't they?!

Thank you for all of your kind comments, they are so appreciated. I have so many trippys/PTRs to start/catch up with (yours included), and I must say I'm very tempted to not bother with starting my own pre-trippy just so I can catch up with everyone else's!

Take care! xxx

Originally Posted by disneylover View Post
Oh Kate. You've had me welling up reading this! Wasn't that just the most perfect last morning (maybe except for the Denny's lunch). I know only too well that last look around your empty villa and trying to preserve that memory in your mind and all the others that have taken place over the last 2weeks. As you know I have been lucky to stay both on site and have had a few villa trips and I totally agree with you how lovely it is to have that freedom of a villa holiday. The vino, lays and cici's around the pool dressed in your swimwear is great. Oh I feel plenty of reminiscing coming on tomorrow when we meet up! Bring plenty of tissues. See you in the morning lovely xxx
Hello sweetie!

Oh I'm so sorry about tomorrow! Sitting here feeling rather glum still and sorry for myself, especially as I had to postpone our catch-up!

Sorry I had you welling up, I'm often the same reading dibber's last days, I remember having to take a break from Jo's (jojo88) and come back to finish it once I'd pulled myself together! Yep, I thought the hardest part would be leaving Main Street and MK, but it was actually shutting the door to our villa that got me the most! Oh dear me, what am I like!

Anyway, I'm just trying to catch up with some replies and then it's an early night with some soluble disprin for me! Looking forward to seeing you next week though love and my apologies once again about tomorrow! xxxxx
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi Kate,

Well what an emotional rollercoaster today was. I feel your pain and every tear shed. But on the bright side it won't be long until you are jetting back to your happy place. It will be you looking at all those sad people on there way home whilst thinking yippee I have 2wks to look forward to.

Are you flying PE on the way home again? Lucky you if you are.

I'm with you on Dole Whips they are very very sweet and although I'm glad I tried one I won't be rushing back to have another.

Thank you for taking the time to share all you experiences with us, it's always great to see holidays through the eyes of others.

Looking forward to reading the very last instalment so we can hear all about your next trip.

Take care of yourself and your adorable family.

Tracey
xx
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Just another quick thanks for the PE report especially. We too are booked in PE for The first time this year coming home only. We are a party of 3, and we're even in 3 of the 4 seats you picked. We've also (currently) got economy bubble on the way out as well, also on the left hand side of the plane. Did you get a view of Kennedy on the way in ?
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wozi View Post
Oh Kate, I'm here at work and quickly decided to check the dibb out and you've only gone and posted your last day ... argh Now I only say that because I'm at work, on my iPhone (when I shouldn't be ) and can't possibly read it now as I don't have a lunch break (don't work enough hours). So my plan once the afternoon school run is over, I shall boot up my mac, grab a cuppa, let the children do as they wish for 20 minutes or so, and spend that time reading your report ... 2.45 can't come soon enough
Hi Aly

Oh that's a rookie mistake, checking the dibb when you're at work and don't have the time to read anything properly!

Hope your afternoon went quickly and you got to enjoy my trippy in peace with a nice cuppa!

Thank you for swinging by! xx

Originally Posted by CupcakeJoo View Post
I haven't posted a reply before (I don't think lol!) but I have followed every single bit of your trip report and I have LOVED every single minute of it.
You have a wonderful family and I will be looking out for your reports again soon!
Julie xxx
Hi Julie

Latecomers are always welcome!

Thank you so much for following along with my trippy and it's lovely to hear how much you have enjoyed it!

Kate xx
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney_Diva View Post
Loved reading your trip report and a huge thank you for taking the time to write it!
xx
That's lovely to hear that you've enjoyed it so much, thank you for taking the time to leave a post! xx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well a mixed set of emotions on your last day but you can't beat coming home PE! Must admit we are in the 50/60 group you mentioned and find ourselves travelling both ways in PE if we can,

Thank you for taking the time to write your trippie it must take lot of your time I have really enjoyed reading them and look forward to your next set for your next holiday

Joan
Hello Joan

Well you have been one of my loyal posters from the very beginning, so thank you very much for all of your comments!

PE is lovely isn't it? I can't imagine travelling back in Economy after our last flight, it made such a difference!

Take care! xxx