Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jun 13, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Thank you for doing another trip report. I always thoroughly enjoy reading them and love your style of writing. You always give a lot of useful information in them too which is great. Once again, thank you
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rusher73 View Post
Thank you for a lovely report so much detail and I have learn't quite a few tips/tricks for our visit next feb!
It's the detail that held this blasted trippy up for so long! Lovely to hear that I've offered up the odd useful tip though and have a wonderful holiday when you go in February!

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Suffolk dad View Post
Wow, absolutely loved reading your report, sounds like you had an amazing time... (apart from the dodgy service at Ohana! )

I've picked up so many tips and ideas from reading about your experiences, so you have indirectly contributed to what I hope will be a memorable trip for my family in September. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us...
That's lovely to hear, thank you! We certainly did have an absolutely wonderful time in Florida and I hope you and your family have an amazing trip when you go in September!

Kate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh gosh it's so hard when a totally wonderful holiday comes to an end. I'm afraid I am just like you and can break down in tears on the last day, trying so hard to hide it behind sunglasses. I think it's because for us it is such a happy place that we get to spend time together and I just love it . I have really enjoyed reading your trip report and eagerly wait the next one and we might see you there

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Debsc1
Excited about Disney

Oh Kate, you are such a great writer. I had a lump in my throat all the way through this last post I always feel the same way on our last day, and have been known to shed a tear or two

I loved the girl's balloon release idea ... I bet their wish is about to come true... well in August anyway

Thanks for such a fabulous trippy. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along, and what a lovely keepsake for the girls, who will (one day!) I am sure appreciate how much thought and effort their mum put in to every magical moment.

Looking forward to your new pre-trippy, and to hopefully meeting you in August oooh won't say too much due to potential pre-trippy spoilers
2003 Formosa Villa, 2005 DLRP, 2006 Hampton Lakes Villa, 2007 Formosa Villa/Wildnerness Lodge, 2008 Formosa Villa/Sanibel, 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Formosa Villa/Key Largo, 2010 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel, 2011 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel. 2013 Emerald Island /Sanibel 2014 Sanibel/DCL/BLT 2015 Sanibel/Windsor Hills 2017 AKL/BLT 2018 BCV/AKV 2019 CBBR/SSR
2020 Poly/BWV/RPR cancelled 2021 RPR/AKV/RR/CR cancelled Anthem of the Seas
Debsc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Kate

I've absolutely loved reading this trip report, its the tiny details that you describe that transport me back so effortlessly to the place that we all love. And having recently stayed at Windsor Hills your photos of the drive back to the villa are just so familiar.

Great photos of your last day and you had a wonderful flight home in PE you lucky things.

Couldn't agree more about the special memories that you create at Disney. For me on our last trip it was the laughter that we all shared away from the stresses of every day life that I will always treasure.

Don't every give up on the writing. I'll be looking forward to all the details of the August trip.

Lisa xx
Old 18 Jun 13, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Loved reading your trip report. That last day is so hard when you leave and see the sign 'see you real soon' I get a lump in my throat too!
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
florida smiles
Serious Dibber

Awh Kate, I have loved reading your trip reports, they are absolutely fab. Have you ever thought about a career as a writer? You include so much detail and emotion that you completely sum up how a Florida holiday feels.
My daughters were similar ages to yours last time we went to Florida and now they are 11 and 15 and they are growing up so quickly. I agree with you, that life is too short and a you have to grab every opportunity you can, and taking your girls while they are young and having all those special memories is priceless.
One last thing, can I just say how lucky your girls are to have a lovely mum like you to arrange all those great surprises and journals etc.
I will miss reading your trip reports, but have another fab holiday in August and thanks again.
Victoria xxxx

Love Victoria
(Florida makes me smile! )
florida smiles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing Kate. Your report has been a joy to read.

Here's to many more wonderful memories still to be made!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

So much done on the last day !
Great report
Thank you
George
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Lovely emotional day , as usual Kate, you are not alone in the blub dept on the last day

You are also not alone in the pictures of the routes to and from villas etc, my DH always says" why do you do that" and then laughs when years later it has helped us remember where we stayed on which holiday, so lucky to have been so often and still feel the same on the last day.

Too true re the memories with our DS, every penny saved and hour laboured for it for these trips has been worth while in memories and his love of all things Disney has been inherited, yay... The time we have to spend just together in our busy lives is so precious, as it obviously is for your family too.

Great to have a detailed view on PE, we hope to finally use our virgin miles for this next year.

looking forward to the highs and lows, not many of those I think, and the pre trippie. Xxx
Sandie
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List