Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
louloublue_123
Gone all Goofy

What to do, do I book now or wait? Think I missed the boat :(

Hi all,
So after being alerted to the amazing Ba direct flights earlier this week I asked my husband if we could book them ( would need to stay an extra 2 days ) but after he realised the return flight was with Iberia in a Ba plane he said no
So I've been sulking all week, so today after checking their safety record he changed his mind and said we could book! Yippee
However they have now gone up £400 pounds nearly 😢

So my question is should I suck it up and book, or wait and hope the prices drop next week when Virgin release my dates?
15th Aug~4th Sep
Thanks for any advice, feeling very confused
louloublue_123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

I dithered too as really wanted direct from Manchester, going to hold my nerve and wait until Christmas sales now...although I'll still keep an eye out for any bargains.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

book direct with ba in sales around xmas got mine for 425 each with car I thought that was pretty good and they only wanted a low deposit!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I would wait. I think BA have laid on a massive assault early and I can't see Virgin taking it lying down
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would wait. Virgin will bring their prices down soon rather than fly empty planes. I booked last December for August 2016 and paid less than £650 direct with TC
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
I dithered too as really wanted direct from Manchester, going to hold my nerve and wait until Christmas sales now...although I'll still keep an eye out for any bargains.
Oh this is what I have to do now

If either your or I find the bargain sale price (I want gatwick) let us let each other know
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louloublue_123 View Post
but after he realised the return flight was with Iberia in a Ba plane he said no
So I've been sulking all week, so today after checking their safety record he changed his mind and said we could book! Yippee
Of course, Iberia's safety record would also be irrelevant, as you would be flying on A BA plane, ticketed by Iberia (Who are both owned by the same parent). So BA's safety record is all that matters.

And BA's safety record is very good. If he is nervous about plane safety, just don't tell him the repaired plane that caught fire in Las Vegas is often used on the Orlando route again, after coming back into service.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Of course, Iberia's safety record would also be irrelevant, as you would be flying on A BA plane, ticketed by Iberia (Who are both owned by the same parent). So BA's safety record is all that matters.

And BA's safety record is very good. If he is nervous about plane safety, just don't tell him the repaired plane that caught fire in Las Vegas is often used on the Orlando route again, after coming back into service.
Lol, well I have no chance, I'm doing both Vegas and Orlando next year with BA
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I am the same.. I missed the Ba sale prices by minutes as was online ready to book after dithering all morning about bringing my planned dates forward, only to find the prices went up early afternoon!

I need somewhere around the last 3 weeks in August and willing to go from almost any UK airport if the price and journey is right.. I keep looking but the prices just seem to be going in the wrong direction at the moment and good flight times are going quickly. I hope there is something decent in the sales
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by louloublue_123 View Post
Hi all,
So after being alerted to the amazing Ba direct flights earlier this week I asked my husband if we could book them ( would need to stay an extra 2 days ) but after he realised the return flight was with Iberia in a Ba plane he said no

So my question is should I suck it up and book, or wait and hope the prices drop next week when Virgin release my dates?
15th Aug~4th Sep
Thanks for any advice, feeling very confused
It was a BA flight, Iberia were only selling the tickets for it
2019 - Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
2024 - Clearwater/Orlando/Cheerleading Competition!
Eden is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread