Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Oct 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
louloublue_123
Gone all Goofy

Disney car care centre or airport pick up?

So the holiday is finally coming together,

Caribbean beach resort ☑️
Villa ☑️
Hard rock hotel ☑️
Flights ☑️
Tickets ☑️
Just need to decide on car hire, I've narrowed down by choice of vehicle to a full size suv, and car hire from either Alamo or national car rental ( getting similar quotes from both )
Ideally I'd like to be able to choose which vehicle we get, and I know this is an option at dccc, but it would be more convenient as we have a week on site 1st when a car isn't needed, or I could get the magical express back to the airport on our last on site day and pick the car from airport. This is our 1st Orlando holiday so any advice would be welcomed
louloublue_123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I wouldn't want to lose the time going back to the Airport.
I was so impressed with the CCC when I swapped out my car (puncture) this last trip.
No pushy sales people and a much calmer atmosphere.

I would do the Disney bit of your trip then ring up on the freephone on your last day and get the Alamo minibus to pick you up to go to their depot. No hassle and quick.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
louloublue_123
Gone all Goofy

Thumbs up

Thanks Mr.morrow,

I was leaning more towards dccc! Relaxed and non pushy has sold it! Do you know if car hire prices go up and down in price like flights, or will it only go up? We need the hire from 23rd August for 12 days
louloublue_123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Prices from23/8 look reasonable. May change slightly downwards but would book now. At least you are not going earlier in the month where prices are very high.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
Prices from23/8 look reasonable. May change slightly downwards but would book now. At least you are not going earlier in the month where prices are very high.
Agreed. I have booked with Alamo Brits 5 mins ago for 20th Aug - 16th Sept at £692.19 for a Premium.
I refuse to pay over a Grand for a Luxury which is what I normally have.
OP Go with someone like Brits and if the prices drop you just click on ammend my booking and they refund you the difference - great deal!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
louloublue_123
Gone all Goofy

Ok great I think I will, I'd be so preoccupied watching flight prices that I hadn't given car hire a thought! And I don't have a clue on prices, but I'm not shocked with the quotes I had, so I'd better book now, incase they do rise

Edited at 06:04 PM.
Old 17 Oct 16, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louloublue_123 View Post
So the holiday is finally coming together,

Caribbean beach resort ☑️
Villa ☑️
Hard rock hotel ☑️
Flights ☑️
Tickets ☑️
Just need to decide on car hire, I've narrowed down by choice of vehicle to a full size suv, and car hire from either Alamo or national car rental ( getting similar quotes from both )
Ideally I'd like to be able to choose which vehicle we get, and I know this is an option at dccc, but it would be more convenient as we have a week on site 1st when a car isn't needed, or I could get the magical express back to the airport on our last on site day and pick the car from airport. This is our 1st Orlando holiday so any advice would be welcomed
Hi OP - me and Mr TM agree on most things, including this. I used the DCCC for the first time this year and it was great. Good service, no hard sell and a nice car, even if I didn't get to choose it. My advice would be to go with that.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Have done both airport pickup and DCCC pickup when staying at CBR. We used the magical express and did the DCCC this year and it was great.

Takes away any further stress at the airport and you can just relax and enjoy the start of your holiday (and have a little drink on the flight if you want).

Collecting from the DCCC is painless, they do pick-ups on the half-hour and you just phone up in advance to reserve your slot and an Alamo blue-minibus will pick you up from the main building (can phone from your room for free or ask the concierge desk). We were third in the queue and waited less than 10mins to get the car (probably closer to 5mins) and no hard sell, just asked if we wanted any upgrades and we politely said no, that was it.

For the return leg, just return your car and it's a case of waiting for an available minibus to take you back, you can't reserve the return leg (we dropped ours off around 7.30am, and were given a bus straight away and were the only ones on it - was even quicker process to return than drop off). Driver even took us back to our room at CBR rather than drop us off at the main reception.

All in all, would definitely use again

Edited at 10:00 AM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
bossyrossi
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We collected our car from Disney dolphin hotel and returned it back to the airport. It's a bit closer to CBR than dccc. I've picked up from there numerous occasions and it's always so much more straightforward than collecting at the airport. We've booked through auto Europe over the last few yrs as they've been the cheapest for us.
bossyrossi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
louloublue_123
Gone all Goofy

Thank you all, I'm definitely be booking for Disney pick up, am going to book tomorrow, does £627 sound a fair price for 13 days ( not 12 as I had thought) it's for a full size suv, Tahoe or similar ?
Or would you guys recommend booking the dodge caravan and upgrading at pick up? It's £300 cheaper x
Closed Thread