Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Any ladies on depo contraceptive injection

Hi all just wondering what everyone's experiences of it was like, I'm currently on my second dose of it and had lots of headaches, had mild anxiety before but feel it's worse since being on this and everything I read about it is pretty terrible, anyone else had bad side affects on it?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I had the depo jab for years only stopped it because I thought by now my body was in the change... how wrong I was 😩😩😩.
I don't recall having any side effects
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi! I have been on the depo for 7 years now, no issues with it what so ever. Only thing is the weight gain 😔 it is a really common side effect and I certainly struggle with my weight x
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I've been on it for 12 years. Only side effect is weight gain ☹️
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

Same for me, no side effects other than weight gain, I gained around 2 stone in a year which unfortunately resulted in horrible stretch marks that I'm now stuck with but now that it has happened I don't really see any point coming off it because the benefits for me are fantastic now that I've experienced the negative side.
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

I was on it for 13 years - again came off it as I thought I was in/through my menopause - but I was wrong!
I didn't notice the weight gain, but was fat any way! I have noticed however that my general mood is more down now than before - been off it for a year now - no hormones being taken at all! I couldn't specifically put it down to that though.
I think you have to give it a few months for your body to settle and get used to it - but do talk it through with your GP if you have concerns. Personally I would rather have an injection every 3 months than have something invasive like a coil or implant - but everyone is different.

*** and no periods for 13 years was WONDERFUL! ****

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

really bad weight gain! came off it and I got bad headaches been fine since off it lost two stone!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

On it for 20 years, no side effects, no period at all
Yes weight gain but I'm working on that
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
On it for 20 years, no side effects, no period at all
Yes weight gain but I'm working on that
I found that whilst on it no matter how hard I worked I didnt shift a pound was eating low fat diet and running 4 miles a day
as soon as I came off it and stuck to the plan it fell off
good luck with ur weight loss!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I know this lady's thread but thought I answer partner was on them for 10 years but was advised to one off as she was comeing on the body was in the change but did tell her to go on the coil as he said that world help.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List