Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Apr 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
smurfette123
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did this last year but at cabana bay. Loved it so much we've booked the same for 2018. We didn't hire a car either, a huge saving.

The only Disney I did was a night at MNSSHP with the 5 year old and we just took a taxi. We had a brilliant holiday!

Kate
smurfette123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

I'm doing 10 nights in RPR
I'm realy looking forward to enjoying the hotel this time
We stayed one night the last time and just made the most of the fotl passes so didn't get to make he most of the hotel
Have a fabulous time
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
drew2u
Trading Disney Pins

Some very reassuring replies. Glad the Uber plan seems to hold up in place of car hire/parking.

We have enjoyed the kitchen facilities of villas and condos in the past but with no cooking, driving or laundry to do and daily maid service I think this will be a different type of holiday altogether.
drew2u is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Out of interest and as someone else who has only stayed onsite @ Universal for 1 night to take advantage of the FOLP ... what else is there to do at the hotels apart from the parks ?
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Out of interest and as someone else who has only stayed onsite @ Universal for 1 night to take advantage of the FOLP ... what else is there to do at the hotels apart from the parks ?
There's a fab pool area with decent food and drinks on offer. We spent many a lazy few hours there in between park and room time. Just what's needed to recharge from the parks.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We did a week at Portofino in November - definitely not too long, could have happily stayed another week.

Remember that if you're doing SW/BG transport to those parks is free from your UNI hotel. Tix for the Sea World parks are very reasonable - we had a FAB day out at BG for DS' birthday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If I was going for that long I would consider cabana bay. Ok no express pass but in my opinion a better pool including a lazy river. Also small kitchen end including microwave and fridges you go for a family suite. The sofa is also nice rather than sitting on the bed all the time.

I have always stayed at one of the main hotels but sneaked in a trip this year before a conference and wanted to keep the cost down as I am back in October for my 40th. I was a convert. The food court offers a huge selection which is great when you are having a lazy day and I really liked the walk to city walk and universal. Only took 20 minutes and is very nicely planted so a pleasant walk. I will say that I would want to be on the hotel not motel side as too many people can walk directly past your room on the other side and I think it would be noisy.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'd easily do 10/11 nights then I'd head to the coast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

We did 2 weeks at HRH last year. Loved it. Me, husband and 15yo son.
We didn't hire a car and just used Uber.
We did DC non swim, SW and Aq. Can't remember if we did anything else.

Was so great to wander back to the hotel or back to the park whenever we wanted. Loved it.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

We are staying for two weeks in Aug at Cabana Bay, was feeling a bit nervous about it but this thread has been reassuring ! I'm looking forward to nipping in and out of universal and early entry to Volcano Bay. Will take in pool movies and toast some marshmallows no doubt 😁