Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Dec 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

At that price you aren’t paying much more than taxes so worst case scenario and you only get your taxes back it will be a decent proportion of that you have paid.

We’ve booked for a similar price and will fly out with hand luggage only. We did hand luggage last year and managed fine.

We do like to do a bit of shopping so will pay for 1 case on the return journey. It’s £60 to pay for a case at the airport. (That’s with delta but ba will be similar)
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Finnair’s majority shareholder is the Finnish government, so while good insurance is always important for numerous reasons, you don’t really need to worry about it going under.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
At that price you aren’t paying much more than taxes so worst case scenario and you only get your taxes back it will be a decent proportion of that you have paid.

We’ve booked for a similar price and will fly out with hand luggage only. We did hand luggage last year and managed fine.

We do like to do a bit of shopping so will pay for 1 case on the return journey. It’s £60 to pay for a case at the airport. (That’s with delta but ba will be similar)
We thought perhaps 2 cases out between the four of us ( mums going) and 4 back so out cases inside each other like we have before.

I still cannot believe I’ve got flights for that price , in a bit of a daze this morning and can’t wait to tell my mum she’s going back .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP great price spot thank you! Just not sure about the baggage and seat selection things if I’m travelling solo with 2 kids and indirect... Great price though and it’s making me think hard.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MLS
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I booked this flight too but going out on the 18th from Man. Great price. You can only pay AA for the cases at the point of check in at the airport and its $60 per 23kg case each way. You can carry on a 8kg hand luggage bag. Fligts are good times too
MLS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MLS
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Also, I gave the details to my local trusted Abta, Atol etc approved travel agent who price matches and they did just that and booked it directly for me with the airline. I got my tickets that night via email.
MLS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Just be careful with AA flights they will split you up with children if you don’t precook and pay for seats. It happened on my flight last October and there were lots of people split up on the flight.

At check in only seats showing together were miles apart or together at £120 each
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Just be careful with AA flights they will split you up with children if you don’t precook and pay for seats. It happened on my flight last October and there were lots of people split up on the flight.

At check in only seats showing together were miles apart or together at £120 each
Is this just with long haul flights? We have flown twice with them domestically and not been split up?

Edited: our seats have already been allocated. We are all sat together, but in the middle. Boy, AA move fast.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Yes it was from LHR to MIA, we didn’t pay for seats and nothing was ever available together except the expensive seats from last December onwards. We paid for exit seats on the way home last December, but we were happy to have normal economy on the way out.

There were lots and lots of people separated. For example I was allocated 38a, my husband 38j, the person sat next to my husband, their partner was in in 37c, it was crazy. No idea why. I checked every week for seats together but it never happened.

That flight was booked via BA, but it was an AA operated flight.

Did you phone AA to book after booking with Finnair. Our experience last year has really put me off flying with AA. Everything else was fine.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 08:06 AM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Has anyone added on luggage yet? Really tempted to book, but the luggage massively increases the price x
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List