Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickeys Mrs View Post
Husband is 5"10 and wears a 5xl tshirt he is a big guy
Myself - 5"2 and a UK size 22/24 so also a large lady

We try to travel in PE most of the time but on occasions we have flown Economy we choose the same seats you have so that was we are not "spilling" out into other peoples space and this has worked really well.

Hubby needs a seat belt extender but its always discreet and professional. We find the seats tight but bearable for the trip.

Try not to worry and just look forward to your holiday!
Hi thanks so much for your reply feeling a lot more relaxed about it now. Thank you
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I always quietly ask for an extender as I get on the plane and they sort it with no fuss.

Back row was fine for us, raised the armrest and shared our flab!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

yep as everyone has said, very discrete but ps. you can buy an extender of your own from amazon really cheaply if you prefer to (technically I suspect you shouldn't because they may not be approved but the option is there)

The way they seem to fix fraying belts is to cut a length off and reattach the buckle, so tbh, I've found some really short belts along side some mega long ones.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I usually fit the normal belt, but it’s normally tight, so I ask for an extender. I don’t really worry if it’s discreetly given as I’m sure folks around me can see that I’m not exactly the smallest person.

Don’t be tempted to buy a seat extender. If the crew see you using it they will take it from you as it will be unapproved, and they will hand out an airline approved one. This will bring more attention to yourself than just asking for one.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes, there was a kerfuffle about this in front of us once, lady was in tears I think (from what I could hear) she wanted to use her own extender. I think there's a safety issue.

I used to work with a lovely confident larger lady who always happily asked for the extender, as PPM said she said they can see what I look like. I often wonder how many other people on a plane she made feel better about themselves.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i am not small by any stretch and never been a problem. Have a fab time
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

One of the shortest straps I had was on a Delta flight, I was amazed as I expected an American seat belt to be more generous.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Update Me and my dw were fine we had room to spare and the rows of two were excellent had plenty of space now the diet finally starts for November this year. 😊
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

On some flybe flights they must have repaired some of the belts numerous times as some are very short and barely reach.

If really uncomfortable you can remove it for the flight
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
On some flybe flights they must have repaired some of the belts numerous times as some are very short and barely reach.

If really uncomfortable you can remove it for the flight
Unless it’s a turbulent flight and the seatbelt light is on.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List