Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jan 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
We went in May 2018 and the food was great. Service good, but it was absolutely freezing! That seemed to be a theme that year so maybe it’s improved. We walked up and waited about 15 mins at that time of year.
THIS!

All over Universal it was freezing cold. We was really uncomfortable pretty much all the time. Really ruined meal times. I was dreading eating!

I hope Disney aren't doing this as I don't remember it being all that cold when I was there in 2018.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went last August-we booked online arrived and seated in 2 minutes- walked past lots of others waiting- food and service great- cocktails were also good- Air con was very cold though not helped by us having just done the rapids- we would do back but without wet clothes
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
We went last August-we booked online arrived and seated in 2 minutes- walked past lots of others waiting- food and service great- cocktails were also good- Air con was very cold though not helped by us having just done the rapids- we would do back but without wet clothes
Do you think you walking past lots of others waiting was good?

I was that person waiting, well past my reservation time, whilst other parties of the same size were whisked straight in. To me it indicates poor organisation and poor service and would have whatever foot the shoe was on. I would rather somebody that had been waiting longer had been seated ahead of me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
THIS!

All over Universal it was freezing cold. We was really uncomfortable pretty much all the time. Really ruined meal times. I was dreading eating!

I hope Disney aren't doing this as I don't remember it being all that cold when I was there in 2018.
Pretty standard in US restaurants and shops, Americans like freezing cold air con!

Doesn’t bother us as we hate heat, love the cold. And both times we have done Orlando (Dec 2010 and Nov 2014) it was really cold at times so we were in sweatshirts anyway.

Edited at 10:00 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Pretty standard in US restaurants and shops, Americans like freezing cold air con!

Doesn’t bother us as we hate heat, love the cold. And both times we have done Orlando (Dec 2010 and Nov 2014) it was really cold at times so we were in sweatshirts anyway.
It was only a issue for us at universal. Everywhere else was fine.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

never found the AC was set too low at universal, never bothered us anyway
in all fairness we no longer do disney so can't compare the AC settings

Mythos, even though I didn't like it, is set in some sort of "cavern", stone like place, so you'd expect it to be cold to fit the theme. It would be like complaining Sci-Fi dine in was too dark as it's in a drive in theme and it's expected to be dark

now, for other venues at universal, the AC is fine as far as we're concenred, and I guess it has to do with getting used to.
sure if you do 2 weeks disney with 10°F higher temperature, you'll most probably be freezing to death at a place where the temperature is set lower

but what has always amazed me, is that most of the time, AC is set to no lower than 68F (20°C) ... and that's a temperature most of us will consider warm enough in our own houses when our heating in on in the winter ... that always cracks me up when I hear people complain that that the AC was set too low, when it's the temperature they set their heating at in their house in the winter
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't set my house to 20 in the winter. More like 23c. 3c can make a big difference in how your body feels.

It wasn't a problem in any other restaurant around Orlando or Disney. But most of the ones at universal made us uncomfortable and Mythos was almost unbearable.

There was a difference. Not sure why it cracks you up to be Frank. You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the inner workings of the mythos air con system lol.
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

One complaint I don't have about Mythos was the temperature. When I posted my review, a few people commented on also having received very poor service and one or two asked commented upon it being freezing. When we were there it was fine, neither too hot or cold.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Service, food and temp can all change on a daily basis. Hence why you see mix views on every restaurant ever opened.
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have been three times and enjoyed it each time with good food and service and really cool break on hot park days. Have always booked.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List