Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pingufan
Helping Minnie

BA Website - can’t seem to book flights, car AND hotel!

Looking to book for next July.

I’m having a nightmare with the BA site, can anyone let me know if

1 - it’s possible to book flight, hotel and car or is it just flight +hotel OR flight+car.

2 also, I’d like to fly into Tampa but choose a hotel in Orlando, it won’t let me - just gives me hotel options for Tampa!

What a hard website to use!

Also, we’d like to stay in LBV, close to the shops and restaurants on Apopka Vineland RD. we’ve looked at 2 rooms at the Clarion LBV with BA which work out really cheap (we are 4 adults). Trouble is, I’ve read that the crossroads plaza where some of the eateries are is being demolished to make way for the new slip road of the I4. This is right behind the Clarion.
Has anyone heard about this?

I hope Millers will still be there! We love it!
pingufan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Click on Flight and car or flight and hotel.

Click on create custom trip

You can then add on your outbound with date
Inbound with date
Add hotel with dates, this can be more than one hotel
Add car, does not have to be whole holiday hut can be.

You will then get price for whole holiday and only need to pay deposit

Edited at 08:42 PM.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

If you select either flight & car or flight & hotel there is an option on the top right of the pop-up for create a custom trip. Select that and it will allow you to add flights, car and hotel and you will be able to search for a hotel in Orlando.

Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pingufan
Helping Minnie

Thanks so much! I eventually found it and am happy that I can book flights too and from different airports and different hotels etc. This is going to be dangerous pastime I think!

I’m looking to book with BA, cheapest flights are currently from Gatwick but ideally Heathrow is better for us (From South Wales).

I know that BA is meant to be pulling out of Gatwick, I can see that there are the same flight times for Gatwick and Heathrow - I wonder if the Gatwick one will eventually be cancelled and we can transfer to the Heathrow one at the same time (works out MUCH cheaper to book the Gatwick flight &#128539
pingufan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

No they will cancel your flight and refund, you will then need the hassle of rebooking.

Book LHR to be sure.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
No they will cancel your flight and refund, you will then need the hassle of rebooking.

Book LHR to be sure.
I would agree. I am looking at flights to Cyprus next summer (book before end August for BAs current guarantee) and there is currently a choice between Gatwick flights and Heathrow flights. I have decided to book from Heathrow as I think the Gatwick ones may get cancelled.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I would agree. I am looking at flights to Cyprus next summer (book before end August for BAs current guarantee) and there is currently a choice between Gatwick flights and Heathrow flights. I have decided to book from Heathrow as I think the Gatwick ones may get cancelled.
They’ve extended the guarantee for booking made by end of September for travel through end of August 21.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
They’ve extended the guarantee for booking made by end of September for travel through end of August 21.
Yes, that's why I'm booking August 2021 flights this month as I know there is nothing to lose.
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post

Book LHR to be sure.
The law allows the customer to choose between rebooking and refund. In theory that rebooking could be on any airline, though in practice you would have great difficulty getting BA to rebook you on a non-partner airline (eg Virgin), unless the flight cancellation happened very last minute.

If the LGW flight is cancelled and BA has capacity from LHR, I would expect it to offer as many customers as possible rebooking on the LHR flight rather than let the cash go out the door via refund. Alternatively it might offer indirect routings from LHR on some BA/AA combination (or straight AA flights)

The airlines that try to force refunds on people when flights cancel tend to be low cost carriers, who often don’t have alternative capacity or partner carriers / interline agreements for rebooking, making it much more expensive for them.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
The law allows the customer to choose between rebooking and refund. In theory that rebooking could be on any airline, though in practice you would have great difficulty getting BA to rebook you on a non-partner airline (eg Virgin), unless the flight cancellation happened very last minute.

If the LGW flight is cancelled and BA has capacity from LHR, I would expect it to offer as many customers as possible rebooking on the LHR flight rather than let the cash go out the door via refund. Alternatively it might offer indirect routings from LHR on some BA/AA combination (or straight AA flights)

The airlines that try to force refunds on people when flights cancel tend to be low cost carriers, who often don’t have alternative capacity or partner carriers / interline agreements for rebooking, making it much more expensive for them.
This is interesting, I wonder if it makes a difference if it's a BA flight only or a BA packaged holiday, flight and car. I have had two flight and car holidays cancelled with simply a refund back to my card no conversation no suggestion of change. So this does happen even though you say it shouldnt!