Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Here now...

If you're a die hard Disney fan and REALLY want to get here. It is possible.

I'm not here for a holiday although was lucky enough to go to Hollywood Studios on the weekend and have an overnight stay at the Grand Floridian.

I spent 15 nights in Istanbul and then flew direct into Miami.

Where there's a will, there's a way folks.

Food for thought, I'm sure
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

With no medical insurance, no thanks.

As soon as FCO allow it, we'll be there. But even a minor injury could cost £££££.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
With no medical insurance, no thanks.

As soon as FCO allow it, we'll be there. But even a minor injury could cost £££££.
I have medical insurance. Like I said, I'm not here for a holiday but there are companies that will cover you.
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

There have been a few threads like this recently. It's not feasible for the majority of people who work.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

How fantastic and well done

What was it like?

Disney332
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Having Dinner with Goofy

Any jobs going with you? :P
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Fantastic. Enjoy!

Definitely medical cover available for holidays against FCO advise. I purchased some in summer from Battleface and was only £90 for family of 4 to Spain at 24 hours before.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
There have been a few threads like this recently. It's not feasible for the majority of people who work.
But I’d available for some. Maybe your bosses would mind People working from ‘home’ in Florida. Downside is that it would be a 4am start.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
But I’d available for some. Maybe your bosses would mind People working from ‘home’ in Florida. Downside is that it would be a 4am start.
When we went last February for half-term - booking only a couple of weeks before we went - I didn’t tell the company I was freelancing with that I was going.

I was on the 9:30am (4:30am EST) Discord stand-up a couple of times that week, as required, and just worked shorter days.

Frankly, if I didn’t have a partner with a job and a son in school I’d do the same now, doing the two-week stopover somewhere “US safe” en route so I could enter.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
I was told explicitly in a meeting at work this week that my contract was 'in the office' and I had to be available to work in the office every day of the week. I haven't been in since March and I need to do an induction before I can return, I can't just turn up, even to pick up personal belongings.

We have a number of Asians who work for the company that have returned to family during this working from home period and work from there without asking permission.

When I worked for Morgan Stanley one of the guys had family in Florida so he moved his family down from New York to St Augustine. He worked from home and just had to be in New York for one day every 3 months.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List