Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Oct 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
No,you’ll be fine.
Reading up on it,I think it’ll be in about 15 days time.
Enjoy your holiday,we were due to go to Lanzarote on the 7th,but our return flight got cancelled.
When the canaries then got took off the quarantine list,we booked for Gran Canaria for the 19th,not sure what to do now though.
Have a lovely holiday,I think we are all ready for one!
Tracy x
I hope they maybe change their mind and you don’t have to get tests done. I’ve got everything crossed that you get your holiday and have a fab time. I agree that we could all really do with a break
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

all travel PCR tests have to be done at private clinics (or privately by post) you cant use nhs service. The private tests cost alot and for a family of 3/4/5 it really becomes a big expense. Now some airlines are asking for them just to be able to get on the plane. I work in middle east so am back and forth alot and each time i fly I have to pay for one both ways.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
all travel PCR tests have to be done at private clinics (or privately by post) you cant use nhs service. The private tests cost alot and for a family of 3/4/5 it really becomes a big expense. Now some airlines are asking for them just to be able to get on the plane. I work in middle east so am back and forth alot and each time i fly I have to pay for one both ways.
I noticed yesterday when I logged onto my ethiad booking,there is now a message saying they require a negative covid test.
This will definitely curb my holidays in the future because the cost soon mounts up.
We will pay for one for Gran Canaria because it looks like it will come into force before we go,but I’ve told my husband our 4 night break to Tenerife will be off in January because I can’t justify the cost,as we will need another one in March.
I can totally understand it though,as I would definitely feel safer on a plane knowing we all had been tested,even though there’s a small chance of someone catching it after their test,than being on a plane with no one tested.
Tracy x
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

I've got another stupid question sorry, there's always one I know

I completed it on the computer rather than my phone because I could see it better).
Did you just print these QR codes off or how do you download them from the email into your phone to flick through. I thought I could just save them in the wallet section like you can do with tickets and things but I'm obviously technically inept lol
Id usually ask eldest ds but she's not here
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
I've got another stupid question sorry, there's always one I know

I completed it on the computer rather than my phone because I could see it better).
Did you just print these QR codes off or how do you download them from the email into your phone to flick through. I thought I could just save them in the wallet section like you can do with tickets and things but I'm obviously technically inept lol
Id usually ask eldest ds but she's not here
I just printed them off
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I just printed them off
Perfect thank you. I like it when it’s simple