Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
I just want to crawl into a hole. I have done nothing today bar get dressed and watch Harry Potter. Hopefully tomorrow is better as I have till Friday to get two assessments done. They’re not difficult but I just don’t feel up to it today.

Not heard anything from the psychiatrist either. Ever since I started it the sertraline has done nothing as far as I’m concerned apart from Lessening my ocd. So I’d like to discuss with the psychiatrist about coming off it and going on something else.
You have done much more than me today. Be kind to yourself.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Although I can't say I know exactly how you're feeling and no one else can either, but I can empathize with you. I have been on antidepressants since my teens and suffer with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and ME. There have been many times I have decided to come off my medication but I have accepted in the last couple of years that I need to be on them. Not just for me but for my long suffering hubby too!
I lost my dad 10 years ago and then lost my mum 4 years later. I still suffer greatly with grief which was made worse last week when I had to have my little dog PTS. He was my Mum's dog and losing him is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. Anyway, my advice to you is to take each hour at a time. Don't make lists of things you need to do as you will only be mad at yourself if you don't complete everything. If you have assignments to do take it as small as 15 minutes at a time. If you do nothing in the first 15 minutes don't beat yourself up as you have the next 15 minutes. Approaching things in small bites will make things easier. Then when you do achieve a target you will feel great about it. Excercise does help but even though I know that myself, I still don't leave the house for days on end. I work from home so I have no reason to force me out and the dark nights make it easier to stay on the safe with a Baileys! Go out when you feel like going out and don't plan it. Have your coat and trainers by the door and if you ever feel the need to get up and get out then go.. A short walk is a massive achievement you should feel proud of. Sorry for the ramble but please don't feel alone or scared to ask for help. Posting here is very brave and there are many people who will help you anyway they can. Remember mental health services are still there for all those who need it. But you are certainly not alone. If you ever need to vent or talk about anything please feel free to message me! Hang in there Hexy, you are doing great!

Edit; I have just seen you are on Sertraline. I am too and at first didn't think it helped at all with my depression, anxiety and OCD. I have stopped and started them so many times in the past but I now know they are the best tablet for me and I will always be on them. It took a long time but please stick with them x

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
...Be kind to yourself.
I echo this.

We're all so critical of ourselves and you have enough going on without being hard on yourself, too. (Though, I appreciate that it may be part of what's going on for you.) ...As much as you can -- treat yourself like you would someone you love. Every little bit helps.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Thanks guys.

I’ve been on the sertraline for 2.5 years. The psychiatrist didn’t want to change them before because I was too unstable but now I think I’m in a better position to change. So hopefully I’ll find something that works on both the depression and the ocd.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Thanks guys.

I’ve been on the sertraline for 2.5 years. The psychiatrist didn’t want to change them before because I was too unstable but now I think I’m in a better position to change. So hopefully I’ll find something that works on both the depression and the ocd.
I’m sorry you are having a bad day again today Hexagon. But you did get up and get dressed and that’s a great achievement and yesterday was a good day so that was excellent too.

Take your time with your assessments and just do a little at a time when you feel like it. If there is a deadline, contact your tutor and make them aware of your mental health issues and ask for an extension to the deadline.

I really admire how you realise when you need help and ask for it, and that you monitor how the meds make you feel and are keen to make the changes to improve how you feel. I’m hoping your medical team can help you soon

As others have said, we care about you and are always here to chat and support you. I hope you feel a little better again tomorrow, take care x
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Still feeling real rough. Also have not heard back from the psychiatrist and that’s his working days over for the week but maybe I’ll get a letter soon. Ever hopeful lol. I did however get one assessment done, just two to go this week.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Still feeling real rough. Also have not heard back from the psychiatrist and that’s his working days over for the week but maybe I’ll get a letter soon. Ever hopeful lol. I did however get one assessment done, just two to go this week.
I’m so sorry you still aren’t feeling good. I really hope you get the letter soon. I know it’s hard, as you don’t have the energy when you feel ill, but try to ring your gp or your healthcare team and ask them if they can get in touch with the psychiatrist and let him know how urgent it is. Maybe your dad or his partner could ring again for you

On the positive side, well done for finishing your assignment. That’s an amazing achievement. Good luck for the other assignments xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I tried to do an online e consult thing to speak to a gp but the system says no because I’ve thought of self harm and suicide in the past few days. And all it does it say phone the Samaritans. I don’t want to phone the bloody Samaritans, I want some advice from a doctor, preferably my psychiatrist but a gp will do too. But clearly I’m not worthy of that. So whatever. Gonna phone the psychiatrists secretary tomorrow. I feel so useless.
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I tried to do an online e consult thing to speak to a gp but the system says no because I’ve thought of self harm and suicide in the past few days. And all it does it say phone the Samaritans. I don’t want to phone the bloody Samaritans, I want some advice from a doctor, preferably my psychiatrist but a gp will do too. But clearly I’m not worthy of that. So whatever. Gonna phone the psychiatrists secretary tomorrow. I feel so useless.
I’m so sorry that you aren’t getting through to your gp, it’s so difficult now with so many of them being online. I share your frustration at this, I know many people have avoided even trying to contact them because of this, and are therefore risking their health and well being with the delay.

Definitely worth trying the psychiatrist’s secretary tomorrow. I really hope she can at least let you know where you are on the waiting list and when you are likely to see someone.
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Keep pushing for support Hexagon. You are doing so well.

Well done on the assignment. 1 out of 3 is great. You're already a third of the way through.

Hopefully tomorrow you'll get some work on another one done.

Have you been the gym today? X
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List