Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I hope the lounge gets open as the escape one isn’t that great compared to what’s on offer from London areas.
As for seats we are on the 200, so we have picked row 3 love seats and the kids have 3 & 5, I think they call them solo corner suites.
In all honesty I’ve always enjoyed the UC experience with virgin.
The 747 was very much a favourite, so looking forward to giving the 200 a go.
The service and staff generally are excellent. I personally feel the food is better on the way out than the way back. The alcohol is always in abundance, champagne constantly topped up. Nothing ever really seems to much trouble.
Having had the experience with BA Business to Vegas, I would choose Virgin UC over them anytime.
It’s very hard to travel any other way after turning left...
Enjoy!

Edited at 09:57 PM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s very sweet, a bit too sweet for me but we have one as our first drink in the Clubhouse now

I am so so tempted to book some flights for March but I just can’t see them happening 🧐 But so very tempted!

OP have an absolutely amazing time!
Oh please don't say that, I've got flights booked for March. Lets just pretend there's no Covid

I'm off to Google that cocktail...🧐
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Oh please don't say that, I've got flights booked for March. Lets just pretend there's no Covid

I'm off to Google that cocktail...🧐
I’d be booking to fly 27 Feb into March so perhaps you’d be fine
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’d be booking to fly 27 Feb into March so perhaps you’d be fine
I'm only flying a week later 😂
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
IcedBlue
I have Ears

We've just upgraded ourselves for our honeymoon in June! Was calling to rearrange a hotel and was told oh if you fancy upgrading to upper it will be just under £200...!

Likewise with yourself very excited to experience UC!
IcedBlue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hillcats
Excited about Disney

hillcats's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When the wife and I went on our visit to New York (without the teenage daughters) with Virgin Atlantic we travelled UC and it was an enjoyable experience and one we intend to repeat hopefully soon with the girls to give them the experience too. We especially enjoyed the lounges and the complete experience of being looked after.

Enjoy, slightly more expensive but worth it once in a while as a treat.

Edited at 11:11 PM.
hillcats is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Thanks people - to answer the question in the first response, I was wondering if there are things I should ask for - like ‘extras’ they don’t necessarily tell you about. Is it worth going extra early to the airport to enjoy the lounge - Escape plus rather than a clubhouse at Manchester, right? How much food do you get - it looks a lot of different things but maybe small portions?
Is the bar self-service - it looks like it on the videos I’ve seen but it’s not obvious?

2 Serious questions:
1: can you get coffee /tea at any time during the flight? (I don’t want to be zonked on booze the whole flight and miss the experience, though I will definitely have a few drinkies!
I notice the snacks they serve with the drinks appear to be ‘posh’ crisps - I happen to love the little bags of pretzels you get in economy and I’m not a fan of crisps generally - will they think I’m bonkers asking for my pretzels?

Thanks Dibbers for sharing my excitement! I’ve had a silly grin on my face since we booked it 😂
Hiya TA, I know Virgin were due to open their Manchester Clubhouse in Spring and have no idea if Covid put a stop to that, if so, depending on the next few months the Clubhouse may be open when you head off

Re The Escape, purely us, after using the Escape afore travelling UC we were not impressed, and even tho UC gave us complimentary entry we gave the Escape a wide swerve, opting to check in 70 mins pre-push back, heading straight to the departure lounge.

You'll notice a big difference in UC, basically unlimited legroom - the A330-300 has a seat width of 22", the 200 was refitted to 20". We can't take advantage of the lie flat bed as it's way too hard for us, but being able to recline with legs up, shoes off, ding dong

You can have coffee as and when you like, Virgin had a coffee machine in the galley and I'm guessing still will. Snacks are also available. Most importantly, you've paid for your seat so enjoy the service and journey The only downside, you will not want to go back to economy, something we haven't done since we began flying PE/UC.
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve managed today to upgrade our outbound May 21 PE miles seats to UC. Only cost an extra 22,400 miles & £145 for us both - amazing deal.
Loved reading all your comments.
So excited as not flown UC before.
Old 25 Nov 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vicki7
VIP Dibber

I'm hoping VA have a sale where November 2021 is included. Did a search during the current sale, and sale prices would make UC affordable for me. Though I'm tempted, sale or not, as I haven't done long haul in 6 years...
Vicki7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
OOoooo loving this thread we just got some bargain flights as well cant wait can i just jump on and ask does anyone know how much it is roughly to add on the chauffeur driver we live around 50 mile from Manchester airport and is that just in this country or do they do it from MCO to your airport ?
I looked into this today - you go into my booking on the virgin site and choose Extras and chauffeur service options. Enter details like your home postcode, Manchester airport as the drop off - it came in at £115 one way for us (Wirral) so probably a little bit more for you as we are about 35-40 miles away. I think we are just going to go with a local reputable taxi firm tho as that seem steep to me

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List