Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I would second Marshall arts class, the fact your son didn’t defend himself will make him a target for the bullies police visit or no police visit.

Marshall arts will grow his confidence and friendship groups.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
This isn't common assault but gbh.Those offenders sound as though they intended to harm this young lad.

They definately need a visit from the Police.
Nonsense - GBH is something that causes injury that is severely detrimental to a persons health.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

OP I’m sorry this happened to your son and hope he feels better today.

When my youngest son was 16 he was walking from school to town with 3 friends to pick up their suits for the school prom when they were attacked by 4 17/18 year olds for no reason at all.
Somehow they managed to separate them and my son was unfortunately the one who was caught and received a nasty beating.
He managed to get away when some members of the public intervened and got back to school who phoned the police and then me.
He had a black eye his glasses were broken and his back and front were covered in bruises.
The police were very good and within 24 hours 2 had been arrested and charged a 3rd followed shortly after.
They were in court a few weeks later 2 pled guilty and had to pay compensation to my son and they received community service.
The third who was the ringleader and well known to police pled not guilty but was found guilty he also had to pay compensation and received a suspended sentence.

Anyway 15 years later my son has got on with his life he’s married has a daughter a nice home and he’s a prison officer.
A couple of years ago he came out of work and phoned me to tell me the ringleader of this nasty little gang had been brought in to prison that morning and was on his wing.
He did speak to his manager straight away and he only had minimal contact until the prisoner could be moved.
What goes around comes around
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Nonsense - GBH is something that causes injury that is severely detrimental to a persons health.
ABH then. Still a Police matter.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Princess Ariel how’s your son today 💕💕💕
Let us know what the school do about this assault
Xxxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Princess Ariel how’s your son today 💕💕💕
Let us know what the school do about this assault
Xxxx
Yes, please keep us updated and I hope your son is ok x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Thank you all, I had an early night last night and have just read all of the replies.
I will defiantly look into enrolling him into a martial arts course, we have a community centre just up the road that does offer these types of things so I will look into that today.
DS seems relatively okay, the first thing he said to me yesterday was ‘I didn’t want you to know what happened to me because I knew you would be worried’ that’s exactly the type of boy he is! I am so proud of his whole attitude towards this, I think he just has faith that myself and the school will ensure that these boys are dealt with appropriately.
Everyone we know is absolutely shocked that this has happened to DS because he such a lovely boy. I have contacted the school this morning, unfortunately it was just answer machine so I have left a message saying DS will be late into school because he is having his flu jab (which had already been arranged) and that I will bring him in afterwards and would welcome the opportunity to speak to a member of staff about what will happen next.
I will keep everyone updated.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Firstly I hope your son is feeling better this morning.

Secondly it is not acceptable for someone to punch someone else in the mouth for no reason.

Thirdly the school should be taking the lead on this, even if it happened out of school. Making your way to or from school should be safe.

Now comes the hard bit, sorry.

You say that your son was with some others, at least one and was attacked by a group, which you later said was 3, but only one of them threw a punch. That is not an attack by a group or a gang, that is just someone hitting him. I fully accept that it's not pleasant, but it looks to me like a bit of an over-dramatisation. Kids shouldn't have to face violence in any way, but I'm afraid we don't live in a Utopia and things like this will happen occasionally.

He and you need to accept that it's happened and try to prevent it happening again, either by avoiding the group of lads in the future or taking martial arts lessons (although these are good and do help to build self confidence too, it takes time to able to learn to defend yourself using them, it's not like a few weeks or months is going turn your lad into Bruce Lee. It's also worth bearing in mind that he will occasionally come home from the lessons looking a lot worse than he did yesterday).
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
ABH then. Still a Police matter.
For info

Note, these are the CPS charging standards, not
Law, but give some idea of the levels.
The picture of the injury would suggest just common assault/battery here.
OP - I hope your son feels better and you get an appropriate solution today.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
I don’t necessarily agree to the first part.

I was bullied from the age of 11 to around 15 and my dad said the same thing. In fact I was knocked out by a group of kids (same age) for no reason which is why my dad wanted me to go to those classes.

I went to Marshall arts classes and whilst I enjoyed it and learnt a lot I was singled out week in week out and it made things worse, even though I tried to defend myself.
I agree. I am sure martial arts can help some children but certainly is not the answer to all. Same to me - it ended up me being bullied more as a result I would, from personal experience, caution very strongly against sensitive children attending .

Best to deal with bullies at route cause - stop them from thinking violence is acceptable. Period
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List