Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Is it ok to take if on HBP tablets?
Would check with your doctor or see what a pharmacist says.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

*bump*

so looks like the government are finally moving on this, but they should have done this 6 months ago IMO...

bbc/news/health-55108613

heres a couple more articles if you still arent convinced... it really is a no-brainer to take this stuff. the benefits are huge, even without the added potential covid-related benefits!

bbc/news/health-52371688

nice.uk/advice/es28/...r/Key-messages

as mentioned in the last page, i'm now also taking some zinc/vit c tablets as well, i want to try and protect myself as best possible

(i bought some vitD for my mum a while back too, it makes sense for you to do similar with parents too if you can (and they arent now getting the free ones from the government)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
*bump*

so looks like the government are finally moving on this, but they should have done this 6 months ago IMO...

bbc/news/health-55108613

heres a couple more articles if you still arent convinced... it really is a no-brainer to take this stuff. the benefits are huge, even without the added potential covid-related benefits!

bbc/news/health-52371688

nice.uk/advice/es28/...r/Key-messages

as mentioned in the last page, i'm now also taking some zinc/vit c tablets as well, i want to try and protect myself as best possible

(i bought some vitD for my mum a while back too, it makes sense for you to do similar with parents too if you can (and they arent now getting the free ones from the government)
I started taking Vit D after reading about it on here about a month ago.

I bought some for my parents to take (both in mid 70s) asked my mum if she was taking them - 'no I don't like taking tablets'
I get that she doesn't like taking tablets unnecessarily, but hoped she and my dad would take vitamin d through the winter at least, especially as I'd bought the high strength ones from Amazon.

Really hope that this gets more attention on the news and she starts to take them.

Only so much I can do, but finding it very frustrating.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
as for zinc, she has bought that for herself at my sister's recommendation for her nails as they were weak and snapping.

So she will take my sisters advice and take tablets to prevent her nails breaking, but not my advice to take vitamin D to help fend off covid
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I take vitamin D every day as I have an autoimmune disease which affects my uptake of it. If anyone has ever suffered from low vitamin D they will know how horrible it is. I also have an effervescent zinc and vitamin C tablet in my water bottle every morning. I really enjoy it, its very refreshing and makes drinking plenty of water much easier.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List