Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Rooms with 3 beds?

Hi,

We have booked to go this year (we were supposed to be going 2016 but moved it to 2017) but it looks like we will have to move it again to 2018, we're just waiting for the free dining prices to be released for SSR.

Back in 2016 the kids were obviously 2 years younger so would have happily shared the sofa bed in the studio in SSR, but now the eldest doesn't really want to share. Can't afford a 1 bed.

So I was thinking of changing to another hotel as don't some have 2 double beds and a pull out?

I was just looking really for advice on rooms that have the 2 double beds and a pull out and as they sleep 5 do you pay any under occupancy?

Thanks
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

We stayed at the Caribbean beach resort last year and that had 2 double beds and a pull out and this year we're staying at the yacht club which has 2 double beds and a sofa bed.
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ynwa2009 View Post
Hi,

We have booked to go this year (we were supposed to be going 2016 but moved it to 2017) but it looks like we will have to move it again to 2018, we're just waiting for the free dining prices to be released for SSR.

Back in 2016 the kids were obviously 2 years younger so would have happily shared the sofa bed in the studio in SSR, but now the eldest doesn't really want to share. Can't afford a 1 bed.

So I was thinking of changing to another hotel as don't some have 2 double beds and a pull out?

I was just looking really for advice on rooms that have the 2 double beds and a pull out and as they sleep 5 do you pay any under occupancy?

Thanks
There are quite a few options. All Star Music or AoA family suites at the value end, but the suites usually work out more expensive than a mod. The moderates would be Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside, although as a family of 4 you wouldn't be guaranteed the pull down bed at POR. Some have "invented" a 2 year old to get the guaranteed 5th bed, as long as you don't want flights from Disney too.

Animal Kingdom lodge has the bunk bed rooms, but to guarantee those you'd need to book a Savanah view, which are quite expensive. Then the BC/YC/WL all have the 5th bed too.

If you do a search on the Disney site for 5 people, that'll bring up all the options for you.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ynwa2009 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
We have the same problem, ours won't share either. We have stayed at Wilderness lodge, they have rooms with a Queen bed and bunk beds and I think Animal Kingdon Lodge do too. We have also stayed in a 1 bedroom at OKW which had a king, a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. I've been thinking of SSR for next year but the one bedroom only has a King and a sofa bed (like the studio but the King is in a seperate room) So it's not really any good for us. I had also looked at Port Orleans Riverside, I think they have 2 queens and a fold down bed but I'm not sure just how big the fold down bed is. Hope this helps
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

I think cheapest option for a guaranteed extra bed is a preferred room in Port Orleans ( can't remember which side though) as I think these all have the Murphy bed.
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

the murphy bed that pulls down at CBR and POR is quite small, probably good for up to about 12 years old , so depends on the ages of your children?

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all the ideas

We want the dining plan (not just qs) thats why we went for SSR as it originally worked out cheaper with the free dining plan, not sure if it will for next year, cant wait for the prices to come out!

I did like the look of Caribbean Beach, but not sure if the building works were on next year?
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List