Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Bargain Oct19 half term flights Finnair codeshare with AA

So been checking flights religiously from Man - Mco 16/10/19 - 02/11/19 & had a google alert come through for flights on a Finnair codeshare with AA via Philadelphia. 2ad 2teens £1002 incl tax, no luggage or seats included but at that fare I had to book it even after adding luggage its well within budget
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Amazing!
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
Imagineer

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Babiesmummy View Post
So been checking flights religiously from Man - Mco 16/10/19 - 02/11/19 & had a google alert come through for flights on a Finnair codeshare with AA via Philadelphia. 2ad 2teens £1002 incl tax, no luggage or seats included but at that fare I had to book it even after adding luggage its well within budget
Thank you so much for posting this . Do you know what the luggage charges are ? The price Iím getting for our dates is £892 . Iíve never done it this way before so itís all a bit new and a bit daunting . Is the connection Time enough in Philadelphia ? Itís less than 2hrs
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_O
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing the AA to Philadelphia connection in October too. Ours was booked via BA though. Fingers crossed we have enough time for immigration, 2h15m. We paid £1050 for 2 adults and one child including the flight down from Inverness with luggage.
Mrs_O is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this . Do you know what the luggage charges are ? The price Iím getting for our dates is £892 . Iíve never done it this way before so itís all a bit new and a bit daunting . Is the connection Time enough in Philadelphia ? Itís less than 2hrs
It looks like its £45 each bag each way, but because its a codeshare it wont allow me to add baggage or seats onto the reservation. I will give AA a call when i get a chance. My connection is 2hrs 10mins, which should be fine. As its booked on a through ticket it is the airlines responsibilty to get you to your destination, worst case senario is that you are put on the next available flight
Babiesmummy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
Imagineer

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Babiesmummy View Post
It looks like its £45 each bag each way, but because its a codeshare it wont allow me to add baggage or seats onto the reservation. I will give AA a call when i get a chance. My connection is 2hrs 10mins, which should be fine. As its booked on a through ticket it is the airlines responsibilty to get you to your destination, worst case senario is that you are put on the next available flight
Thank you , so through a codeshare is your reservation held through AA so you would get another booking ref from them . Sorry for the questions but as itís non refundable Iím wary .finnair donít get great reviews for customer service .
Beyond tempted at the price but donít want to muck it all up
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

I am also looking at these flights can I ask who you have booked with?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thank you , so through a codeshare is your reservation held through AA so you would get another booking ref from them . Sorry for the questions but as itís non refundable Iím wary .finnair donít get great reviews for customer service .
Beyond tempted at the price but donít want to muck it all up
I have read that Finnair can no longer give an AA locator, something to do with the reservation system. They are all part of the Oneworld alliance incl BA/AA/EI etc, so financially they are ok. Personally I am fine if there customer service isnt the best, as its non changeable / refundable anyway, I dont intend to contact them
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
Imagineer

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Iím looking at finnair website . Sooo tempted buta newbie at this . Dh is egging me to book it but itís a massive thing after youíve only done packages before
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Babiesmummy
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
I booked direct with Finnair. com
It came up on Expedia first, about £100 more expensive so checked directly with Finnair