Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Give me your thoughts - 2 weeks in August

Our party is made up of me, DH, DD(13) and DS(12). This is our third visit as a family, forth as a couple, and it will be my sixth visit.

For some reason I feel really lost this time. It is a number of years since we have last been but I feel that I have lost my jedi planning powers. I think it is because we are doing things a little differently this time. Previously we have always stayed off site for two weeks in a hotel. This time we have a week at POFQ with QSDP and a week in a villa. The reason for this switch is two fold. I have always wanted to stay on site. DH isn't keen on this sort of holiday. Therefore to persuade him to get on board with it, I promised him that we would have much more downtime in week 2 when at the villa. We are also going to have a car for the first time in week 2 and go off exploring a bit. As we are on site I want for us to be able to enjoy the hotel a little bit as well as enjoying the parks. We haven't fallen very lucky with extra morning hours on our first few days and so not sure how much we are going to make use of these. So, now i have rambled...it is over to the plans:

Monday 10 August - Travel Day. Flying Aer Lingus from MAN via Dublin. Don't arrive until after 8pm Orlando time and so probably straight to bed.

Tuesday- MK morning; BOG early breakfast, 7DMT/BTM/Meet Mickey fast passes. Perhaps try a monorail resort for lunch. Hotel pool afternoon; Disney Springs evening.

Wednesday - EP morning (EMH); Straight to test track, Soarin plus 2 other fastpass. Hotel pool afternoon; Disney Springs evening.

Thursday- MK morning; second BOG breakfast for early entry but may cancel. Splash / Pirates / Haunted Mansion FP. Stay as long as we can manage. Monorail resort for lunch / dinner. Hotel pool evening.

Friday- HS for as long as we can manage. Slinky / TS Mania / RRC FP. Skyliner to another resort for food, or ABC Commissary if we stay late enough.

Saturday - Hotel pool morning. EP world showcase afternoon. Maybe nip to Boardwalk.

Sunday - Animal Kingdom for as much of the day as we can manage. Straight to safari. FOP / Lion King / Everest FP. Pizzafari tea. Packing in the evening.

Monday - Water Park in the morning; pick up car mid afternoon; head to villa and supermarket

Tuesday - Nothing planned during the day. Spend time in the villa. A bit of time in the car to get used to driving. Perhaps fantasmic in the evening.

Wednesday - day in Clearwater but may swap depending on weather forecast.

Thursday - Magic Kingdom late afternoon maybe as showing quiet.

Friday - Kennedy Space Centre but may swap with Clearwater depending on weather. Teak Neighbourhood Grill for tea

Saturday - No plans - let's see what happens

Sunday - No plans for the day but definitely MK on the evening for HEA as a holiday finale.

Monday - going home but not until a late evening flight. Hoping we can get a late check out at the villa so we don't have to worry about the cases in our car. If we can, we may do a water park. If not, not sure what we will do if I'm honest. Any ideas?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi
I would suggest on your downtime days booking fast passes in at least if you change your mind and want to head to a park you have some rides locked in place.

On the Monday the 17th I would use this as a park day as you will still have you 60 day FP window for this day so could use it to secure some headliners and then do your waterpark on a down day

I also think an extra day at HS... with all the additions there is a lot going on when we return next time there will be GE (which I aren't too bothered about but the extra rides should be interesting)
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Hi
I would suggest on your downtime days booking fast passes in at least if you change your mind and want to head to a park you have some rides locked in place.

On the Monday the 17th I would use this as a park day as you will still have you 60 day FP window for this day so could use it to secure some headliners and then do your waterpark on a down day

I also think an extra day at HS... with all the additions there is a lot going on when we return next time there will be GE (which I aren't too bothered about but the extra rides should be interesting)
Thanks. Some good ideas. We aren't sure about the GE rides. DH can't do that sort of ride and so we will probably give them a miss although we're keen to explore the area .
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Thanks. Some good ideas. We aren't sure about the GE rides. DH can't do that sort of ride and so we will probably give them a miss although we're keen to explore the area .
I would be tempted to make at least FOP FP for that last day once just isn't enough lol ..
We usually do water parks on an Epcot day and book our FP's for the afternoon..the great thing about onsite is the ease of dropping things off and having a break in between parks and it is a lot easier to get 2 done in a day as well
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t add any extra wisdom than 3disneykids, some great points made there and your plan looks generally great to me... a good mix of chilling out and park days!
I noticed your plan for late afternoon on the Thursday to go to MK ... as your countdown is similar to mine, I think it’s possible that that is expected to be a mnsshp day (park hours showing 6pm close) ... just wanted to check that this is on your radar .
The countdown is ticking away fast now isn’t it?!.., I’m getting excited for adr day!
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I can’t add any extra wisdom than 3disneykids, some great points made there and your plan looks generally great to me... a good mix of chilling out and park days!
I noticed your plan for late afternoon on the Thursday to go to MK ... as your countdown is similar to mine, I think it’s possible that that is expected to be a mnsshp day (park hours showing 6pm close) ... just wanted to check that this is on your radar .
The countdown is ticking away fast now isn’t it?!.., I’m getting excited for adr day!
Damn thought I had all of those on my spreadsheet 🤣🤣 back to the planning
Old 2 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
It is the first time we going in August and the mnsshp is a pain in the backside.
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

On the first Wednesday I would FP Test Track and go straight to Soarin, as TT gets bigger queues and goes down more.

I agree on making the most of 60 day FPs on the Monday too

I would swap your 7DMT and Splash FPs over as Splash is near BTM and 7DMT will have more choice of times than it would at 60+1
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
It is the first time we going in August and the mnsshp is a pain in the backside.
It really is 😏 it’s stopping me having my last night at MK again! 😒 (we went in October in 2017)
Old 2 Feb 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Sorry one more thought, you have HEA on your last night, but knowing the weather in August it might be safer to have it slightly earlier in case of heavy rain
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List