Old 10 Jun 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Floridays Resort?

So IF its the end of free dining then Floridays is high on our list of possible alternatives to onsite. Just looking for some views on the place and any info. Also who do you normally book this through?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
abfatboy
Trying for More Ears

Hi, I went there a few years back, great accommodation (2 bed suite), pool and bar facilities, Id stay there again especially in a group of four or more.

Convenient location on International Drive as well.

I booked direct with the resort via their website.
abfatboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've stayed there a few times, booked direct or through Hotels.com. Units are clean and comfortable, good location for us. There's a shuttle service to the parks but we haven't used this. Pool quiet when when we've been there. There is a resort fee to consider.
I would happily return.

I've stayed at Fountains next door to Floridays, a bit too noisy for us. Again units were clean and comfortable but would have to be a good price for me to stay there again. Maybe due to my party bring 2x50 + year olds with no children!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thank you.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP sorry to buck the trend but I couldn’t recommend Floridays. Perhaps they were unlucky in their room allocation but my parents stayed there last Easter, we visited them there for the day, and neither we or they could recommend it based on their experiences. Their apartment located at the very furthest point of the complex, smelled damp, and was tired and rather dilapidated. The balcony wasn’t screened but was completely unusable anyway due to the number of insects and bugs living/thriving on it. Before you say it I know its Florida and there are bugs but usually these are not bothersome when the resort is appropriately and regularly cleaned. No matter, my mum decided she’d sit inside by the bedroom window instead. Sadly a good proportion of bugs had chosen to do the same and were living in the curtains - she was bitten alive! They came and fumigated the apartment but personally I wouldn’t have stayed a moment longer. Oh and the resort were at great pains to explain about the $50 per day holding deposit? !
My parents were originally booked to return to Floridays with extended family last October, but after their substandard Easter stay, and disinterested customer care experience they swapped out to Sheraton Vistana Resort - so much better! 😉
Perhaps we’re just spoilt having stayed at many, many different accommodations in Florida for over 20 years, but for me there were just too many things about Floridays for it to be a contender, sorry.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at Floridays about 5 years ago and thought it was great, we loved the location and very spacious apartments. The following trip we stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages resort across the road and thought it was much better. If the prices were similar I would choose Visitana over Floridays.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thank you for the replies. I'm looking for pluses and minuses so all good so far
Old 10 Jun 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in February (booked through travel Republic). We were also in the furthest away block which was a trek and a bit unloved, but perfect for our needs. I would request a room near the lobby (although be aware that we requested this by email but forgot upon check-in so remind them when checking in). This will mean you’re close to the pool, bar, shop etc too, but then will also have the pool music.
Whilst it was a little unloved it was perfect for us - the rooms were big, well-stocked kitchen, comfy beds, etc. We were hardly in the room as it was our first Florida visit so we were happy with it.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We stayed in a 3 bedroomed apartment about 4/5 years ago. Some of the buildings have been completely refurbished, so ask to be in a refurbed room at check in. They could have all been refurbished now. You could always email them. I would stay there again.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I have been looking at the Sheraton Vistana Villages but its about £45 per night more expensive but having said that there doesn't appear to be a resort fee whereas Floridays does. Just to confirm the one people have mentioned is at 12401 International Drive?